• The 80's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The 90's

• The 00's

• Total voters
Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 3 2006, 11:44 AM
lol, all those bands and only Audioslave and Queens of the Stone Age (Songs for the Deaf with Dave Grohl = Awesome) are the only decent bands along with Muse.

We obviously have very different tastes in music then.

Originally posted by Serge+Aug 3 2006, 10:31 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 3 2006, 11:44 AM
lol, all those bands and only Audioslave and Queens of the Stone Age (Songs for the Deaf with Dave Grohl = Awesome) are the only decent bands along with Muse.

We obviously have very different tastes in music then. [/b]
I'm with you Serge, agree with over half those bands listed, the rest I'm yet to hear!

Absolutely love hearing about new bands too, and there's a few there I'm going to check out. Got Flyleaf already :)

Is awkward here because I voted my favourite era as oposed to the best, which are different...

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

static > greenday. im thinking about slitting my own wrists like the little emo dipshit that i am so i can turn in my grave!

out of all the bands listed as good coming out of the 2000's heres my review:

•stonesour - singer from slipknot = pre 2000's
•soulfly - max was in another huge metal band prior
•system of a down = started pre 2000's, you might say that toxicity was in 2001 and that made them big, but they still had there best song on there 1st album (spiders) and the 2yrs until 2000 would have taught them SIGNIFICANTLY. bands go through 3 major learning cerbs imo once they are established. there first cd's tour. there biggest cds tour and handling breakups of members.
•qotsa - same as the system
•breaking benjaman - ill give you that one. but there not that good.
•trapt - see above
•audioslave, velvet revolver, any other super group - what are you stupid? called super groups for a reason!

ripper - how can you say that 80s is horrible? yes the steriotype of the 80s is bad, but u2, metallica, early nirvana etc, f***ing awesome stuff.

dont forget about the ramones and rancid to help in there decades.

90's eurodance :)

haddaway, culture beat, dj bobo, la bouche, mc sar and the real mc coy, 2 unlimited

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum@Aug 4 2006, 12:51 PM
90's eurodance :)

haddaway, culture beat, dj bobo, la bouche, mc sar and the real mc coy, 2 unlimited
:eek:

I got the POWER!!!! :p :bleh!:

ur kidding........was pioneering for todays electro scene yet absolutley diabolical, when u go back and hear it.

Unlike rock classics

I don't know really which to vote for but the oo's suck the big one. too much of this hip hop stuff and so many bands trying to be the next "big thing"

it's not even about the music anymore its about who looks the best on stage. so many bands also release one good album and then disappear off the scene altogether which has been a hallmark of the 00's

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 4 2006, 03:47 PM
I don't know really which to vote for but the oo's suck the big one. too much of this hip hop stuff and so many bands trying to be the next "big thing"

it's not even about the music anymore its about who looks the best on stage. so many bands also release one good album and then disappear off the scene altogether which has been a hallmark of the 00's
which is why Electro n breakbeat is the way to go

too many posers in bands now

love the mono on decks, with crazy sounds going on

or chemical bros with multiple dudes ripping crazy ****

so true man.

electro is where its at. just dudes playing some cool beats and you enjoy listening to it and grooving to it when you go out to parties and the like

Originally posted by ak47@Aug 3 2006, 02:58 PM
Personally I am going for 2000

I am a rock man deep down at the grass roots

but of late I have been getting into breakbeat/electro

All my parties from now on involve decks, and milk cartons of vinyl

Nothing is greater than mashing an ole rock track with a new millenium breakbeat.

Nobody can do it better than Krafty Kuts..........streamline from UK radio......he has some drop dead killer mixes of ole rock songs with todays beat/thrash.

:bana:
Die.

Why spoil perfectly good songs with crappy computer generated noises which require zilch talent.

I remember awhile hearing some f***ed version of Thunderstruck by ACDC, made me want to go hunt down the guy responsiable for that blight on mankind and shove a pickaxe down his throat

Thought I was the only one in the world that liked the Jam, amazing - pretty green, town called malice, Thats entertainment...

Any Stiff Little Fingers fans out there?

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 4 2006, 07:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Aug 3 2006, 02:58 PM
Personally I am going for 2000

I am a rock man deep down at the grass roots

but of late I have been getting into breakbeat/electro

All my parties from now on involve decks, and milk cartons of vinyl

Nothing is greater than mashing an ole rock track with a new millenium breakbeat.

Nobody can do it better than Krafty Kuts..........streamline from UK radio......he has some drop dead killer mixes of ole rock songs with todays beat/thrash.

:bana:
Die.

Why spoil perfectly good songs with crappy computer generated noises which require zilch talent.

I remember awhile hearing some f***ed version of Thunderstruck by ACDC, made me want to go hunt down the guy responsiable for that blight on mankind and shove a pickaxe down his throat [/b]
I agree some songs can be ruined

was more trying to explain that the new electro sound with rock riffs is where its at these days - whether it be a remix or a brand new song

I cant handle manufactured bands

And I cant keep listening to historical music

The only way to keep me with the times is with breakbeat/electro at a club, and download the latest UK sets from the known artists/DJ's (Krafty, Stanton, Evil 9 n co)

U wont catch me watching Video hits, or Rage anymore.

Although the Chilly Peppers are always keeping the faith that rock isnt dead..and I praise them for that

No i hate RnB RAP etc - thus what are my options

imo, the way things are going, you know that song crasy, and the video clips got that guy in black ink with a white backround. and that kos song, sort of mellowed hiphoppy techno stuff, thats the way things are heading. improvement on the last 6 years of the 2000's but still, the 2000's cant claim a band like the 60's,70's,80's, or 90's have.

70's for me!!

The Who
Pink Floyd
Queen
The Jam
The Stones
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
INXS
Cold Chisel
John Farnham
U2 (but most famous in 80's and 90's, they started in this era)....

The list goes on and its all 100% real (un-computer generated) ****!!

Do any artists actually sing anymore? Or do they get a computer to do it for them?

Originally posted by sambãd5@Aug 7 2006, 05:16 PM
imo, the way things are going, you know that song crasy, and the video clips got that guy in black ink with a white backround. and that kos song, sort of mellowed hiphoppy techno stuff, thats the way things are heading. improvement on the last 6 years of the 2000's but still, the 2000's cant claim a band like the 60's,70's,80's, or 90's have.
Gnarls Barkeley - Crazy

Yes i agree that is the type of sound for the near future

Latest posts