• The 90's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The 00's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by MonoTurd+Aug 2 2006, 01:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Aug 2 2006, 11:57 AM
Monoturd, if you are saying a band only belongs to the decade they started in, Nirvana would belong to the 80's even though they released the majority of stuff in the 90's.
yes it is true that they released their first album in the late 80s but they started the 90's grunge movement and they also became extremely famous in the 90's.

im not going to choose the 80's for great music because one band i liked released one album in the late 80's [/b]
What I was saying that it was unjust that you said this to Goth Power:

'and System Of A Down started in the 90's, thats why they are awesome'.

As that is the same scenario as Nirvana.

(although i agree that the majority of the bands Goth Power listed are average, and probably not even considered rock)

Originally posted by Serge+Aug 2 2006, 01:21 PM-->
Originally posted by MonoTurd@Aug 2 2006, 01:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Aug 2 2006, 11:57 AM
Monoturd, if you are saying a band only belongs to the decade they started in, Nirvana would belong to the 80's even though they released the majority of stuff in the 90's.

yes it is true that they released their first album in the late 80s but they started the 90's grunge movement and they also became extremely famous in the 90's.

im not going to choose the 80's for great music because one band i liked released one album in the late 80's
What I was saying that it was unjust that you said this to Goth Power:

'and System Of A Down started in the 90's, thats why they are awesome'.

As that is the same scenario as Nirvana.

(although i agree that the majority of the bands Goth Power listed are average, and probably not even considered rock) [/b]
90's System was a lot heavier than hypnotize/mesmerize, and their first album (self ***led) is one of my favourite by them and that is why i said what i said.

Bleech is also a very good album by Nirvana but no one had heard of it when it was released whereas when System of a Down came out, it was pretty huge so some people consider them 90's rock

You must be kidding?

Their second album Toxicity was released in 2001 and was far better and was more successful than self-***led. They then had 3 more albums after that in the 00's. And yet you still consider them 90's rock.

so what if i think that their first album was good?

it means sweet f*** all to me if you think that toxicity was better.

i wouldn't be suprised if you start saying that Tool are a 2000 band because they released Lateralus and 10,000 days in the '00 decade

Originally posted by MonoTurd@Aug 2 2006, 01:50 PM
so what if i think that their first album was good?

it means sweet f*** all to me if you think that toxicity was better.

i wouldn't be suprised if you start saying that Tool are a 2000 band because they released Lateralus and 10,000 days in the '00 decade
:wall: :wall:

I just struggle to see how you think of them as a 90's band seeing 4 of their 5 albums were released in the 00's, and their biggest success came in the 00's with Toxicity. And then you go and say Nirvana are a 90's band (which i agree with), even though they are in the exact same situation.

meh i think the poll is flawed as most bands are cross generation.

but then again you are meant to pick the era that you like, if you like a band and their music was best in that era they should count for that era not the previous one or whatever. but remember it is people opinions :)

i have no business being here, my music taste is pretty lame

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 2 2006, 02:15 PM
but then again you are meant to pick the era that you like, if you like a band and their music was best in that era they should count for that era not the previous one or whatever. but remember it is people opinions :)
the great unclean one has spoken.

listen to his words as if they are the gospel of life and embrace his teachings.

anyway, i agree with what you said woosaah

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 2 2006, 02:42 PM
unclean? wtf???? how you know i havnt bathed in days?
just between you and me, you kinda smell a bit. no offence of course

:lol:

correct me if im wrong, but i think Ripper asked for good rock bands that have come out of the 2000's[/b]

Shush..

And my favourite SOAD albums have to be Toxicity, and Steal This Album.
They are the most successful IMO but I wouldn't not listen to the other material, although their latest was pretty appauling and they rushed it.

Sorry but majority of these bands have nothing on the bands from the 60's and 70's... Some of these bands have one hit and thats it, nothing else happens to them... but they are all in someway influenced by the bands that started in the 60's and 70's when music like that was revolutionary... I suppose we are going through our own Mods and Rocker stage at the mo with the Chav and Emo stage happening at the mo, then you have the people in the middle that like some of each....

Originally posted by Serge+Aug 2 2006, 11:57 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 1 2006, 06:03 PM
You are Asian right?

****. You.

Good Rock Bands from 2000's:

Allele
Atomship
Breaking Benjamin
Exilia
Anberlin
Queens Of The Stoneage (minus the self-***led 1998)
Chevelle (first album may have been 1999).
Cold
Blindside
Edgewater
Flyleaf
Institute
Papa Roach (didn't release LPs till 2000)
Socialburn
The Exies
Trapt
Emery
Armor For Sleep
Bullet For My Valentine
Evans Blue
Godsmack (Most of their work in 2000's)
InMe
Lost Prophets
Nonpoint
RED
Trust Company
Cire
Rishloo
Wolfmother
Dredg
Rise Against (Punk Rock)
36 Crazyfists
Poject 86
4Lyn
Audioslave
CKY
Dry Cell
Muse
Shinedown
Silvertide
The Receiving Ends of Sirens

+ 4 more years to go.

Scribe hardly represents the whole underground hip hop scene. :rolleyes: [/b]
lol, all those bands and only Audioslave and Queens of the Stone Age (Songs for the Deaf with Dave Grohl = Awesome) are the only decent bands along with Muse.

I'm personally holding out hope for the 10's (it seems to go crap decade, good decade, crap decade)

60's - Except for the Beatles and Johnny Cash - Crap
70's - Awesome
80's - *Shudder*
90's - (At least the Early 90's - although Chili Peppers, the Foos and Pearl Jam helped carry on the magic toward the end)
00's - The Age of Slipknot, 50 cent and Panic at the Disco.

but ripper.. panic at the disco, death cab for cutie, and my chemical romance lyke roxsorz muh soxorz for suhr no0b

ROCK ON GREEN DAY AND YOUR ONLY ALBUM AMERICAN IDIOT

no on my more serious note, the 70's are the best.. not to mention some of my favourite bands did come from early 90's and i do like green day, that being their old stuff i.e. nimrod, american superhits, etc...i was merely mocking their current fanbase for the awful semi new cd they made..

Originally posted by DC13@Aug 3 2006, 12:42 PM
i was merely mocking their current fanbase for the awful semi new cd they made..
lol good.

i would have been quite ****** off if you were serious because Dookie > American Idiot

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 3 2006, 02:00 PM
But Nimrod > Both of them.
my sister has Nimrod but i havent really given it a good listen.

are you recommending that i do, Ripper?

Originally posted by MonoTurd+Aug 3 2006, 02:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 3 2006, 02:00 PM

are you recommending that i do, Ripper? [/b]
That I am.

If Sambad was dead, he would be rolling in his grave hearing us talk about Green Day.

Personally I am going for 2000

I am a rock man deep down at the grass roots

but of late I have been getting into breakbeat/electro

All my parties from now on involve decks, and milk cartons of vinyl

Nothing is greater than mashing an ole rock track with a new millenium breakbeat.

Nobody can do it better than Krafty Kuts..........streamline from UK radio......he has some drop dead killer mixes of ole rock songs with todays beat/thrash.

:bana:

Originally posted by Ripper+Aug 3 2006, 02:53 PM-->
Originally posted by MonoTurd@Aug 3 2006, 02:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 3 2006, 02:00 PM

are you recommending that i do, Ripper?
That I am.

If Sambad was dead, he would be rolling in his grave hearing us talk about Green Day. [/b]
im guessing he doesnt care for Green Day?

Latest posts