• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who takes kicks for New Zealand?

I

Ihsaan

Guess this shows my little knowledge about Rugby. Just wondering who'll take kicks for them when he isn't playing. I'm guessing he'll have a lot of kicking duty to do with the opposition.

NZ Kicking Depth Chart:

1. Daniel Carter
2. Nick Evans
3. Luke McCalister
4. Leon MacDonald
5. Aaron Mauger

NZ Kicking Depth Chart:

1. Daniel Carter
2. Nick Evans
3. Luke McCalister
4. Leon MacDonald
5. Aaron Mauger [/b]

I'd put Toeava ahead of Mauger. Mauger is horrendous at goal kicking.

lolza, Aaron Mauger at 2, not likely after the last time he took shots at goal in 2005 when he missed a crapload of conversions out in front against Fiji.

I think its Dan Carter...isnt it or is he resting?

I remember Aaron Mauger's missed kicks in the last wC....shocking!!

What about weepu??

I believe that Ali Williams has been putting the hard yards in and is preparing to take over the goal kicking for the ABs. He is most definitely in consideration for a spot in the drop kicking lineup if they require a shootout!

I believe that Ali Williams has been putting the hard yards in and is preparing to take over the goal kicking for the ABs. He is most definitely in consideration for a spot in the drop kicking lineup if they require a shootout! [/b]

that's awesome, it's not often you see a forward take on the kicking role. john eales comes to mind

Nick Evans definitely kicked in the last game.

Is that stuff about Ali Williams true? Because that would be awesome.

I believe that Ali Williams has been putting the hard yards in and is preparing to take over the goal kicking for the ABs. He is most definitely in consideration for a spot in the drop kicking lineup if they require a shootout! [/b]

Are you bullshitting or what? It'd be nice to see Ali kicking, kinda like Eales. But can't see a 6 foot 7 tall timber kicking for goals tho.

There's been rumours going around for years that Ali Williams is a handy enough kicker.

Kind of like Zinzan Brooke, who apparently always had his eye on the AB Kicking Job.

i wouldn't be surprised. the auckland ANC and super14 team train at unitec, and ive seen them train couple times.

they had kick off practice this one day, nacewa and so forth... anyhu, they were all missing the mark ay, ali steps up and does these perfectly placed drop kicks! i was pretty shocked, he's got some skills!

kinda like the kick he did for doug howlett in the tri nations

i wouldn't be surprised. the auckland ANC and super14 team train at unitec, and ive seen them train couple times.

they had kick off practice this one day, nacewa and so forth... anyhu, they were all missing the mark ay, ali steps up and does these perfectly placed drop kicks! i was pretty shocked, he's got some skills!

kinda like the kick he did for doug howlett in the tri nations [/b]

Yeah you're right and wasn't that a beauty he set up for Howlett but to be serious, Evans and McAllister to take over the kicking duties in the absence of Carter.

Latest posts