• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will be the RWC 2011 Top Try Scorer, drop kicker and overall top points scorer?

SavageLez

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Western Province

Pool A imo is the weakest so I think the top try scorer will come from NZ and most of the tries will probably be scored against Japan (dejavu 1995 RWC, 145-17, Ellis scored 6 tries).

Top try scorer should be Corey Jane, tipping him to have a go at Ellis's record if selected against Japan. Watch out for Digby Ioane when Australia play USA & Russia.

Most drop kicks should come from Morne Steyn coz the SA group of death will be a lot more physical in defense. Johnny may suprise again especially if England are successful in the knockout stages of the compo.

Top points scorer could be Colin Slade after the Japan game, that is if he has his kicking boots with him. I do think that Johnny Wilkinson may surprise us all with a bag of points. Tip him to be the England's White Knight in shining armour come this WC!

Last edited:
Try Scorer: Drew Mitchell
Drop Goals: Jonny Wilkinson
Point Scorer: Dan Carter

Points: Japan are a lot better than they were in 1995 - I'd expect the AB's to win easily, but I don't think it will be the highest scoring match in the tournament (I'm picking Australia vs Russia). It will possibly be Colin Slade's only start of the tournament, so I don't think he will be near the top point scorer overall. I'm picking Dan Carter to be the top point scorer as he will probably get quite a few points vs Tonga and Canada, and hopefully New Zealand will go a wee way in the tournament. My second choice is James O'Connor as he looks to be Australia's primary goal-kicker (and they have a few easy games e.g Russia/USA) and he is sure to score a few tries too.

Tries: I'm again going for someone from the AB's/Wallabies. Guildford is an option, though after his recent performance he may only get to start vs Japan (but could score a few tries in that game)! I think Jane would be a good bet, as would Toeava, Dagg, Muliaina, or Nonu. I'm going to pick Toeava, but it will really depend on who the AB's decide are their 1st choice wings. For Australia I think Ioane is a good pick (as you suggest) or James O'Connor.

DG's: I agree with Morne Steyn.

Try scorer: Digby Ioane
Drop Goals: Morne Steyn (Because its the only thing he can do)

Who do you guys think will have most tackles and running meters? And what about yellow cards?

Meters: Kurtley Beale
Tackles: (Don't know about this one, just know it's not Cooper)
Yellow cards: Has to be Bakkies

Hard to say - I imagine top tackles could be in some of the lower-vs-higher nations matches
For example one of the Tongan backrows might put in a ton of tackles vs NZ if NZ have a lot of possession, whereas Richie McCaw would put in very few as there's no one to tackle
Yellows - Sisa Koyamaibole, gets yellowed everytime he's on a pitch for not releasing or hands in the ruck etc.
Metres - Beale/Muliainamm

Top try scorer: Ioane
Drop goals: Cooper

Most yellow cards will go to a South African or an Englishman.

Most fake tan worn?

Most fake tan worn?
Take your pick:
james-hook_1112327c.jpg

article-0-080F9D8E000005DC-266_306x423.jpg

mike-phillips_1245663c.jpg

402702_33_preview.jpg

Top try scorer: Ioane
Drop goals: Cooper

Most yellow cards will go to a South African or an Englishman.

Most fake tan worn?
Tindall. He's worried about 'Samoans'takin'r'jobs' so he's dyeing himself to masquerade as Tiulagi.

Mike-Tindall-powerade1-Sky-Sports_2522810.jpg
mike-tindall-001.jpg
Mike+Tindall+Stephen+Jones+Wales+v+England+JVoAshYlu_Gl.jpg

:p

I just wanted to give the Welsh lads a win!

Team with most O' Surnames
I know this one:
Ireland

Last edited:
Drop goals is a three way between: Trinh-Duc, Wilkinson and Steyn for me. I've got to say that Wilkinson is my favourite though.

Tries... Very tough. It's got to be between NZ and Australia though so I would say O'Connor or Jane. Ashton could always have a blinder I guess.

Points scored: Carter almost without a doubt. Maybe Wilkinson if England overperform massively.

I quite fancy Alesana Tuilagi for top try scorer at 80-1, if he socres a hat full V Namibia, he's pretty much done cos he'll score against Wales and Fiji, or BOD at a more conservative 40-1

I quite fancy Alesana Tuilagi for top try scorer at 80-1, if he socres a hat full V Namibia, he's pretty much done cos he'll score against Wales and Fiji, or BOD at a more conservative 40-1
mouthwatering betting options. Mmmm. More!

Most tries; Ioane
Most points; O'Connor
Most DG's; a 3way tie between Steyn, Wilkinson and Trin-Duc
Most yellow cards; someone from Tonga
Most m's gained; Beale
Most tackles; Rohan Kitshoff (at least up until the end of the pool stages)

Most tries; Ioane
Most points; O'Connor
Most DG's; a 3way tie between Steyn, Wilkinson and Trin-Duc
Most yellow cards; someone from Tonga
Most m's gained; Beale
Most tackles; Rohan Kitshoff (at least up until the end of the pool stages)

If Wilkinson gets the most DG's again, he deserves to have a statue in his likeness.

tries - ioane
dg's - steyn (morne)
points - carter

meters - erm...duno
tackles - brussouw/pocock/mccaw (imagine playing against those three as a back row, you wont dare to get tackled)
yellow cards - bakkies "rock dumb" (although i wont say it to his face) botha

if they build a statue of Jonny Wilkinson how will we know which 1 is which ? :D Parks is a decent should for most DG's cos he really hates to pass or run or tackle or really do anything except kick the ball away !!

Latest posts