• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will make the finals?

Rugby Rack

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
4th, 5th and 6th place are all tight at the minute.
Gloucester 45pts
Wasps 45pts
Northampton Saints 44pts
With only six remaining games, who will make the top 4 and the finals?

Sarries and Quins nailed on for home semi's by look of it,
Can't see Tiger's having as many cock-ups as last few week's so will be third I think so down to other 3 for last spot all seem abit hit miss at present so I think will be down to last game or 2.
Run in does not appear to favour any of these 3 so form over last six and possible Injury to key players the deciding factor's.

Sarries
Quins
Tigs
Wasps

Glos and Saints slug it out for 5th.

Sarries
Quins
Tigs
Wasps

Glos and Saints slug it out for 5th.
Still thinking Wasps for 4th?

They've messed up badly. They could have been in pole position by now, but lost to Worcester and Irish two weeks in a row. They also gave two cheap points to Glos by letting us sneak a LBP and a TBP in the last few minutes. They now have Saints, Sarries and Tigers three rounds in a row and Exeter to follow. Saints and Glos both have games against Sale and Welsh (the bottom 2 teams), whereas Wasps only play Sale.

I think Saints or Glos will finish 4th, although I don't rule out Wasps or even Bath or Exeter. Wasps haven't capitalised enough on the period without internationals, and I expect Saints/Glos to step up when the internationals are back. They also have nicer run-ins.

I think Glos has the slightly nicer run-in than Saints. We play Quins and Sarries at home, whereas Saints play Tigers at home and Quins away. Glos play Exeter away and Saints play Wasps away. Glos play Welsh at home and Sale away, Saints play Sale at home and Welsh away. However, Glos' set piece has fallen to pieces, and Saints have a slight points advantage so far.

Bookies seem to favour Saints, then Glos, then Wasps. Very tight from 4th to 8th though.

Shows how competitive the league is when it changes that much in such a short period of time.

IMO Bath and Exe are just-about out of touch with the top 4 and are charging on HEC spots.

The run-ins between Saints Glos and Wasps are pretty even, the crucial fixture will be between Wasps and Saints at Adams park - Saints win it and they have an edge, Wasps win and Saints are out of the race.

I can imagine Glos doing both Quins and Sarries, only to trip up against Welsh or Sale (it'd be true to form for them).

Should be a fascinating finale to the season either way.
--------------------------

Ammendum:

Just had more of a think regarding this, based on the remianing run-ins - If results were to go as I think for the remainder of the season (which is a world away from what I want them to be!), I reckon it'll be as follows:

As it stands:
Saints - 49
Glos - 46
Wasps - 46

Wasps
(H) v Saints - 4
(A) v Saracens - 0
(A) v Tigers - 1
(H) v Exeter - 4
(A) v Sale - 4
Total = 13

Gloucester
(H) v Welsh - 4

(H) v Quins - 1
(A) v Sale - 4
(H) v Saracens - 1
(A) v Exeter - 1
Total = 11

Saints
(A) v Wasps - 1
(H) v Tigers - 1
(A) v Welsh - 4
(H) v Sale - 4
(A) v Quins - 0
Total = 11

So that'll be finishing as:

Wasps - 59
Saints - 59

Glos - 57

It'll come down to bonus points IMO, which as things stand will put Wasps through (Wasps currently on 10, Glos on 8 and Saints on 5).

Last edited:
For what its worth I see the below:
Saracens
Quins
Saints
Tigers

I only see the Quins game as a loss for saint. Could be blind optimism to be honest but Wasps seem to have peaked too soon, Welsh and sale should be wins maybe with BPs if we keep improving. Tiggs are tough but its usually the home team winning the derby.

Probably just living in hope of not playing Saracens in a semi.

Latest posts