• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who's the IRB trying to BS??

To me the scandals did not take anything away from the tournament. You seem to get that at most big events. The referees weren't that bad in my opinion but my team did win the thing of course. Those things can't be controlled by the host nation. What I am proud of is that my country delivered a passionate world cup and we all got in behind the event. I thought the quality of rugby was better than at previous world cups and we got to see a few upsets which was good. The comments that this was an exceptional world cup were made because of how we hosted it not just becaus of the quality of the rugby or whatever. In the following thread the 2010 FIFA World Cup was criticized at which point South Africans said that what they were being criticized for was not their fault http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?19118-Summary-of-world-cup .

That's probably the right thread to post this video in:

Maybe it's been posted otherwise in which case sorry.

Don't want to stir anything. I think the commentators are right by saying congrats to NZ etc. But it does make me a litle bit angry.

Last edited by a moderator:
so the Poms being twits and Merts being drunk on a late night show means that the RWC hasn't been successful?

the only reason why i didnt enjoy this WC as much as 2007 was because of the fiji team....i dont blame IRB, i blame sam domoni and the FRU. lol

Don't want to stir anything. I think the commentators are right by saying congrats to NZ etc. But it does make me a litle bit angry.

i knew allblacks were gonna win when i saw who the ref was...seriously? having the same ref from the wallabies game...looks a bit iffy there!

i don't agree with at least one of these guys big gripes (i know everyone will just call me bias)

the kaino thing they keep going on about...he's on his feet..gets the ball...falls to his knees/tackled/whatever he's off his feet and he releases the ball onto the French side...i don't see what's wrong with that. He didn't flick it back to the all black side or cut off the ball or anything....i assume they are claiming he was off his feet all along? at most i would say it was subjective and nowhere near the big deal they are making it out to be.

I do however agree the ref got it wrong with the offside coming around the maul, the French shouldn't have been pinged (i believe if they haven't interfered with the play then let it go)
<o:p></o:p>

i don't agree with at least one of these guys big gripes (i know everyone will just call me bias)

the kaino thing they keep going on about...he's on his feet..gets the ball...falls to his knees/tackled/whatever he's off his feet and he releases the ball onto the French side...i don't see what's wrong with that. He didn't flick it back to the all black side or cut off the ball or anything....i assume they are claiming he was off his feet all along? at most i would say it was subjective and nowhere near the big deal they are making it out to be.

I do however agree the ref got it wrong with the offside coming around the maul, the French shouldn't have been pinged (i believe if they haven't interfered with the play then let it go)
<O:p></O:p>

Kaino was not on his feet. I´m a referee and had a two day camp in March specifically about the ruck. Kaino had to be yellow carded.

Most people agree with the Kaino thing.

It would be interesting to hear what they said about the Wallabies vs Springboks match.

of course he goes off his feet...and he releases the ball.

cracking out the old "i'm a ref" line doesn't really change what i can see with my own eyes

Capture.JPG

kaino - standing over the tackled player, hands on ball

Capture 2.JPG

Kaino - cleared out and ball released....french player diving over the top by the way

Last edited:
The pool stages were excellent, but after that, it became a farce controlled by Paddy.

open question, do any of you actually think it was some sort of conspiracy and they deliberately made bad calls so the AB's would win?

or (like me) do you accept people can have bad games...you know...being human and all</SPAN>

open question, do any of you actually think it was some sort of conspiracy and they deliberately made bad calls so the AB's would win?

or (like me) do you accept people can have bad games...you know...being human and all

No

Yes

or (like me) do you accept people can have bad games...you know...being human and all</SPAN>

It'Za c0nspiWwasIEee!!!

I think they gave everyone too much freedom... which in some instances are bad...

if you take last year's Fifa World Cup in South Africa for example... Fifa had strict rules regarding the media and articles posted... the Media weren't allowed to come to the training camps of the teams on certain days, only had predetermined press conferences and so on...

also Fifa had rules for the teams as well regarding celebration parties and so on... there were so many scouts in my little old town finding places where teams could go and where they shouldn't and everyone was happy with that...

Sorry mate, I often agree with you posts but I just can't agree with you here.

FIFA is absolutely the LAST organisation that the IRB should be looking to for guidance.

It is second only to the IOC as the most corrupt sports administration body on the whole planet, run by a bunch of backward thinking, nest-feathering, geriatric luddites who are totally out of touch with modern thinking.

Sorry mate, I often agree with you posts but I just can't agree with you here.

FIFA is absolutely the LAST organisation that the IRB should be looking to for guidance.

It is second only to the IOC as the most corrupt sports administration body on the whole planet, run by a bunch of backward thinking, nest-feathering, geriatric luddites who are totally out of touch with modern thinking.

No I agree with Fifa and the manner they deal with things, and with the corruption within their structures... but, the manner in which they organised media briefings during the World Cup last year, i thought was a good example on how to let everyone focus just at the games at hand, and not at what's happening everywhere else...

South Africa up until now has a very free way of media expression, and what was clear out of the meetings held between Fifa and the media, was that they came to an agreement on how to handle the press as well as prevent unnecessary "sensation" stories... which also showed which newspapers are more credible and which ones are just there to make havoc...

That's the only point I've been trying to make...

That being said, I heard on the tv news this morning that some of the referees are being investigated... dunno what about, does anyone else know??

Not great. About the same level as 2007, with kick and chase being the most effective tactic. And 2007 had an epic match, 2011 didn't.

they could have easily made a highlights package of all the french infringements that weren't penalised but instead they focus on NZ to make it look like the ref was biased