• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Why sponsor logos are not allowed in the World Cup?

I don't understand why you want jerseys to have sponsers on them? They are much nicer without, jerseys shouldn't been seen as billboards, they're are what represents a nation and by having sponsors on them I feel as some one said earlier they lose integrity.

Well, Stade Français style jerseys are good without any sponsor logos. But simple design jerseys looks like normal shirts, not sport jerseys.
By the way, I think that Tennis/Golf/Snooker/Darts wears should be like motorsports.

Well, Stade Français style jerseys are good without any sponsor logos. But simple design jerseys looks like normal shirts, not sport jerseys.
By the way, I think that Tennis/Golf/Snooker/Darts wears should be like motorsports.

Wait, what?

Darts players wearing helmets and flame resistant Nomex romper suits?

You post some tripe but that is the tripe-iest.

Sponsors add nothing to jerseys except money, you sound like the epitome of consumerism "I don't like my teams new jersey because it doesn't have enough sponsors"

you sound like the epitome of consumerism "I don't like my teams new jersey because it doesn't have enough sponsors"

obama_laugh.jpg

I think you're massively underestimating the global penetration of the All Blacks brand... even people who know nothing about rugby have heard of them in a lot of places. They're one of the most iconic brands in sport and Adidas have fought tooth and nail to remain their kit supplier over the years, happily jettisoning their hallmark 3 lines in order to adhere to All Black requirements.

So it's not so much a question of the All Blacks being better off going with another supplier if they don't like the 3 line design, but rather Adidas bending over backwards to do anything the NZRU want to remain their provider. Your post makes it sound like it's adidas with the power, and I can assure you they are not.

Could you tell me why Aotearoa/NZ's 7s jersey has Adidas 3-line design?

Ah, but they aren't "The" All Blacks. There's a world difference between the branding of the 15 man game with the Mickey Mouse 7s variant.

I've felt that way myself. The whole 7 players for 7 minutes thing seems like a gimmick that must've come in back in the days of the original Hong Kong 7's or a few years before. Whenever it was, it wasn't a great idea. Maybe it was because they couldn't find enough players to play in shorter versions of the game back then, but in any case, it's one of the things I feel that Rugby League has got right.

Dropping 15 players down to 7 in a game originally requiring multiple guys to commit to rucks and a far more tactical, on-going possession approach?
Dropping 13 players down to 9 in a game originally requiring one guy to get as far up field as he can before he's tackled and the ball is recycled for only 6 tackles. At least League evolved and dropped the number of tackles down to 4.

Short form Rugby would've been much better off with that kind of 9 men, 9 minutes thing.

I've felt that way myself. The whole 7 players for 7 minutes thing seems like a gimmick that must've come in back in the days of the original Hong Kong 7's or a few years before. Whenever it was, it wasn't a great idea. Maybe it was because they couldn't find enough players to play in shorter versions of the game back then, but in any case, it's one of the things I feel that Rugby League has got right.

Dropping 15 players down to 7 in a game originally requiring multiple guys to commit to rucks and a far more tactical, on-going possession approach?
Dropping 13 players down to 9 in a game originally requiring one guy to get as far up field as he can before he's tackled and the ball is recycled for only 6 tackles. At least League evolved and dropped the number of tackles down to 4.

Short form Rugby would've been much better off with that kind of 9 men, 9 minutes thing.

Why there is no thread about Cobra 10s?

Latest posts