• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wide fit boys boots?

riggse

Academy Player
Can anyone advise where to buy very wide fitting rugby boots for a child? (Approx size 1.5 H+) Thanks

Can anyone advise where to buy very wide fitting rugby boots for a child? (Approx size 1.5 H+) Thanks

All about trying them on, personally found Adidas boots the best for this, also Under Armour are good for wide feet too. I have this issue with my feet also, but it is all about trying them on and seeing if they are comfortable.

I've always had a problem with most shoes and the width of my feet. So I bought this handy gadget at a local shoe store that you insert inside the shoe and then you crank it open and it stretches the shoe from inside. What also helps, is to put the shoe with this crank inside the freezer, and let the cold help the stretching process.

As long as my toes and heels fit properly in the shoe, the gadget will do the rest for me, and I never have to worry about struggling to find shoes that fit me.

As for rugby shoes, the ones that worked the best for me was Gilbert and Puma.

I use to work in a sport shop a lifetime ago and New Balance were always good for multiple widths on their shoes/boots

The other advice would be a good leather as it can stretch/mold to the foot for a bit more width

The new fancy materials might be just as good but the old/cheaper one just never had the same give as a good leather

Latest posts