• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will EA release 2 Rugby Games...

G

gjohn85

Guest
The World Cup is in 2007 so will EA release 2 games next year like they done with this year with FIFA games.

It will be brilliant if they done 'Rugby: Road to World Cup' & 'Rugby World Cup' games.

What do you guys think of this idea, will EA go ahead with it or will it just be 1 world cup game?


.......Discuss.
 
G

Gay-Guy

Guest
Doubt if they have a big enough budget or marrket for this. Football is so big they could have released 4 games and still people would be wanting another. Rugby on the other hand does not produce that big a turnover in the world gaming market.
 
C

CeeJay

Guest
Better that they dont anyway, Id rather hav one good game than two half arsed ones.
 
E

edinburgh_gunner

Guest
Well, the EA World Cup game is just the same as the normal one. They just update the teams, remove the clubs, correct the shirts and add the stadiums and then charge the punter 30 quid. Which is exactly why I never play EA's football games. Pro Evo all the way.
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
Well, lets say they had enough money to do this, which I'm guessing they don't (EA's Rugby Developers), and if they also put enough effort into the venture. It'd be great !!!

The problem is thats counting on too many unlikely events. :D
 
B

Bullitt

Guest
They'll be more likely to put extra money into Fifa Street, being as that always sells bucket loads more.

Even if it does suck balls.
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 25 2006, 08:16 AM
They'll be more likely to put extra money into Fifa Street, being as that always sells bucket loads more.

Even if it does suck balls.
True enough. Was posting live from wishful thinking land. :p
 
B

BigTen

Guest
EA Rugby - Road to the World Cup would be pretty lame. There just isn't enough decent teams out there and I would rather that EA concentrate on putting out just one good rugby game rather than dividing up their resources into two games.

Unless of course they put out a decent rugby management game. That would be rad!
 
T

TheBokke

Guest
No chance!! The gutting thing is that the game is going to be released to coincide with the world cup so we will have to wait longer for it this time. :angry:
 
G

Gay-Guy

Guest
Originally posted by TheBokke@Aug 2 2006, 03:10 AM
No chance!! The gutting thing is that the game is going to be released to coincide with the world cup so we will have to wait longer for it this time. :angry:
I don't mind waiting till the RWC......it will take that long just to master the intricacies of the current version.........very easy to pick up and play.....bloody couple of years to master......
 
B

Bullitt

Guest
This years version? You must be joking!

I picked up my copy for the first time in 3 months when I posted that try video; I was still hammering all the opponents by 50.
 
C

CeeJay

Guest
As always, I think GG is refering to multiplayer. In sp his game is one of the easiest sports games to master, the ai is just sooo bad. Hopefully this is their main focus for the next game, especially if its comming on the 360.
 
W

woosaah

Guest
yeah, i will love it if the ai is harder to beat. they dont seam to have separate scripts for each player, just set scripts for the whole team. this works fine but i think they need to get away from that a bit.

but that would also create a whole new set of problems as well, though i for one would love to be on that team trying to work it out. working out exactly what a flanker would do per situation, what a fly half would do, not what a team would do etc. i think that would make a huge difference to the game as well.

it might be impossible to do, but i think it would make a huge change

maybe this needs to be in 07 wish list...
 
G

Gay-Guy

Guest
Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 2 2006, 10:47 AM
yeah, i will love it if the ai is harder to beat. they dont seam to have separate scripts for each player, just set scripts for the whole team. this works fine but i think they need to get away from that a bit.

but that would also create a whole new set of problems as well, though i for one would love to be on that team trying to work it out. working out exactly what a flanker would do per situation, what a fly half would do, not what a team would do etc. i think that would make a huge difference to the game as well.

it might be impossible to do, but i think it would make a huge change

maybe this needs to be in 07 wish list...
So hard to emulate a multiplayer type AI in a rugby game.........

They would have to program the random factor, where certain players on the feild defend at Legend level at times and at novice level at others....also on attack the AI would have to get tricky with what they did rather than the same old rubbish set play things.
 
W

woosaah

Guest
well i would think what they have now would be good for the first 3 levels, then legend level, each player has their own work done on it.

getting in pocket and having flankers try charge ball down, having the no8 hang back every now and again in certain situations. even the first five hanging back would be good as well.

there is alot of stuff missed, that i have only just recently thought about. how is the madden done? it is pretty much done scripted as well i guess, depening on the play called. rugby is not as simple or scripted which this game seams to be.

i can see it as a huge challenge, but if hb read these boards, give me a call!!! i would love to be involved
 
R

Ripper

Guest
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jul 24 2006, 10:44 PM
Doubt if they have a big enough budget or marrket for this. Football is so big they could have released 4 games and still people would be wanting another. Rugby on the other hand does not produce that big a turnover in the world gaming market.
Exactly... coupled with the fact every team in the FIFA in the World Cup has to qualify while in Rugby the Top 8 from 2003 all got spots automatically didn't they?

And I EA don't even have the World Cup rights from memory (they lost it just before Rugby 2004 came out from memory, causing a delay)
 
G

gjohn85

Guest
Ea is the only Rugby Union game makers left, surely they can get all the licences for the World Cup?
 
Top