• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Womens World Cup

Well done Black Ferns ... that's the Wallaroos accounted for (32-5), and it looks like they might be through to the semis provided they beat Wales

South Africa beat Wales 15-10, France beat Scotland 17-19, Canada beat Sweden 40-10, Ireland beat USA 22-12

Canada V France should be a great game

England 82 - Kazakhstan 0.

Pretty easy. Moves England up to number 1 seeds with a +30 points advantage over the Black Ferns.

Last edited:
England 82 - Kazakhstan 0.

Pretty easy. Moves England up to number 1 seeds with a +30 points advantage over the Black Ferns.

Ok, so the second seed at the end of pool play, plays the third seed, which will probably be Canada or France (depending on who wins that match) The top seed plays the highest seeded second place getter from all of the pools which could be the loser of the Canada (if they lose to France), Australia, or South Africa

Zero points put past England so far....i'm okay with that :p

Don't think the states will stack up too many against England either :)

Just realised Ireland stand a pretty good chance of grabbing that 4th spot as they're playing Kazakhstan

When are the semis? I'm not really interested in the pool stages as I don't know a lot about who is good or not.

When are the semis? I'm not really interested in the pool stages as I don't know a lot about who is good or not.

Last pool games on 28 August

Semi finals 1 September

Final 5 September

These are the dates they are played in England, so don't forget to adjust for the international date line if you have to :)

You can get details of who's playing who etc, here

http://www.rwcwomens.com/home/fixtures/index.html

I think it's quite unfortunate for the Kazakh women, try fest for the English, well done for em. I wish there would be one more pool.

The whole South African pack scares me...

HEHE ... yes the South African pack are pretty tough ... should be a good match between SA and Australia

The England no 7 is a former IRB player of the year I think, their loose forward are a great unit ... actually their whole team is pretty awesome ... it should be a good final between England and New Zealand (assuming they both get there :) )

I did some training with the Wallaroos a while back, I hope they go well!

Are they still a chance at the final Haysie?...I know they've lost a game.

They need to win by lots ... need the bonus point for the 4 tries, and to put a big score on the board, because, chances are that Ireland are going to finish on 10 points as well, and they will rack up a big score against Kazakhstan

If Canada wins (which I think they will) against France then 4th will come down to Ireland and Australia and the pts differential. Looking at the opposition each will face my money is on going to be on Ireland to go-thru to the semi's as they will put more points on Kazakhstan than Australia will put on SA. Australia has a 4 pt advantage in the differential right now but that will evaporate pretty quickly, I suspect. If, God forbid, France win the last pool game and Canada does not get a BP then Ireland will need to win by 57 less the difference between Canada v. France. If there is a BP loss for Canada then differential won't matter and it is 1. England 2. NZ 3. France 4. Canada

I think :)

If Canada wins (which I think they will) against France then 4th will come down to Ireland and Australia and the pts differential. Looking at the opposition each will face my money is on going to be on Ireland to go-thru to the semi's as they will put more points on Kazakhstan than Australia will put on SA. Australia has a 4 pt advantage in the differential right now but that will evaporate pretty quickly, I suspect. If, God forbid, France win the last pool game and Canada does not get a BP then Ireland will need to win by 57 less the difference between Canada v. France. If there is a BP loss for Canada then differential won't matter and it is 1. England 2. NZ 3. France 4. Canada

I think :)

Canada will win against France and then the Mens side will do the same in pool play at RWC 2011 ... well, at least that's hat i'd like to happen :D

Latest posts