• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Basketball Championships

Yeah, and College Kids are always so modest.
[/b]

yea but in college they preach teamwork and playing as a team... im sure if duke, the regular duke team, went over to a championship and played they would beat the **** out of any team they played..

Although I usually don't like basketball I watched the final and it was quite interesting, spaniards and greeks are definitively good at basketball!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

im sure if duke, the regular duke team, went over to a championship and played they would beat the **** out of any team they played..
[/b][/quote]

No chance

Have you seen Spain play?

They thrashed the Greeks (who dominated the US) and they did it without Gasol and a couple of other starters.

NBA team... maybe, but not a college team... not these days.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

im sure if duke, the regular duke team, went over to a championship and played they would beat the **** out of any team they played..
[/b][/quote]

No chance

They thrashed the Greeks (who dominated the US) and they did it without Gasol and a couple of other starters.

[/b][/quote]

yea but those teams i.e. spain and greece play as a team something thats long since been forgotten here except in the college game

one of the best teams in duke has great teamplay and that is why they are consistently up towards the top of the college basketball rankings

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

No chance

[/b][/quote]

yea but those teams i.e. spain and greece play as a team something thats long since been forgotten here except in the college game

one of the best teams in duke has great teamplay and that is why they are consistently up towards the top of the college basketball rankings
[/b][/quote]

As much as i like to watch Duke play(not a fan, but damn coach K is brilliant), there's no way that Duke would win. There is a slight chance that they would make out of pool play let alone win it all. Even though NCAA Basketball is a more team oriented game they still play the same american way. Go to your number 1 option. That's how it is, even at duke. Also the US were inept at defence. That's not changing with college players. In fact it probably get's worse. The US got dicked around with simple pick and rolls and high screen and roll. They also had trouble figuring out zone defence. It cuts off the lane which stop all of the layups and dunks. Which means that jump shots and 3-pointers are in order. The international 3-pt line may be closer whch would be more beneficial to the college players but there aren't many consistent 3-pt shooters in the NCAA. As well jumpshots are far from polished when it comes to 4th and 5th year nba players let alone NCAA. It seems that jumpshots aren't cool anymore so all the kids can dunk and make layups but with the game on the line they can't make a jumpshot.(though duke has a fair amount of white boys=better jumpshooters)

Latest posts