World Basketball Championships

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by The TRUTH, Aug 19, 2006.

1. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

I for one love International B-ball and this years World Basketball Championships are now underway.

discuss.....

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. DC

DC Guest

usa goes undefeated

melo,bron,wade,heinrich c'mon..

4. fcukernaut

fcukernaut Guest

Bosh is the reason why the US wins it all.

Spain comes second due to the play of Jose Calederon and Pau Gasol

5. DC

DC Guest

nah brazil mark my words

lol bosh he's a beast

6. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Brazil just got owned by an Australia

It's pretty impressive considering we are without 5 of our first team players including arguably our two best and most experianced players Anstey and Neilson.

DC, your bloody Cavs made a silly move in not signing CJ Bruton earlier this year....

CJ > Barbosa

7. DC

DC Guest

i donno about that.. i mean the cavs are lookin pretty strong just resigning gooden so we'll have to see B)

8. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Boomers blew a 14 point lead to lose to Turkey in there second match.... once CJ and Smith fouled out we had no chance.

We only get the Boomers games over here (which sux) ... so heres a few of the other results so far...

DAY 1

GER vs JPN 81-70
    VEN vs LIB 72-82
    BRA vs AUS 77-83
    PUR vs USA 100-111
    ANG vs PAN 83-70
    SCG vs NGR 75-82
    GRE vs QAT 84-64
    SLO vs SEN 96-79
    ARG vs FRA 80-70
    ESP vs NZL 86-70
    CHN vs ITA 69-84
    TUR vs LTU 76-74

DAY 2

NGR vs VEN 77-84
    JPN vs ANG 62-87
    QAT vs BRA 66-97
    SEN vs PUR 79-88
    NZL vs GER 56-80
    LIB vs ARG 72-107
    ITA vs SLO 80-76
    AUS vs TUR 68-76
    PAN vs ESP 57-101
    FRA vs SCG 65-61
    LTU vs GRE 76-81
    USA vs CHN 121-90

9. esoj

esoj Guest

we are getting the tall blacks live plus one other game a night live.

10. DC

DC Guest

tall blacks lol i love that name

might as well call the states that as well.

11. woosaah

woosaah Guest

sooooo how is this shaping up? has it finished yet? must be getting close to the final at least

12. fcukernaut

fcukernaut Guest

They're in the semi's i think. The US is playing Dirk today or tommorow.

13. woosaah

woosaah Guest

i think they are playing greece in the finals. can anyone confirm/deny this?

14. DC

DC Guest

nah usa is playin germany

lets face the facts... the usa is going to win it all

15. woosaah

woosaah Guest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3782296a1823,00.html

put money on the usa then :p and its greece in the semis

16. semi-final
    greece 101 - usa 95

with this dry spell we've undergone in world championships, i'm beginning to understand what it's like to be an all black supporter.

17. DC

DC Guest

embarassing to say the least..

18. cwans

cwans Guest

Goes to show there is such a thing called competition and that US and the ABs for that matter should not show too much arrogance in trying to reclaim the world title like its ours by right.

19. fcukernaut

fcukernaut Guest

DC i laughed my ass off when i saw the result on sportscenter. I just love it every time the us(that's right you don't even deserve capitals after that effort) loses. It's better when the media hypes them up as they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe they should have played bosh, he could have taken that fat lardy guy to school. Pull him him out 15 feet from the basket and drain some nice jump shots, then when he comes out you go baseline and dunk it down on his fat, Crispy Cream ass. Instead you've got Melo jacking it up for 27 points thinking he's king cheese out there. And from his press conference after the game i now know why he left the NCAA for NBA...He was too f***ing stupid to pass the gimme tests they hand out. I was expecting the next words to come out of his mouth to be "nigga, bling, playa" ect. I wonder if he is going to appear in a sequel to that underground video about selling crack, like he did in the original. Oh wait that's right according to all the "experts" he's matured in the past year. Bullshit he's the same illiterate dick who can't play defence. The us still refuses to bring role players to these tournaments and when they do they don't get playing time. Greece did nothing special and the us could not stop them. Maybe playing defensive stoppers like Battier and Bowen for longer might have shut down the greek attack, but instead they played egotistical players who refuse to play a backup team oriented game. It's not all about the number 1 option in international basketball. To say the least they deserved this loss. Maybe and that's a huge maybe, they learned their lesson and will play these games like it's game 7 of the NBA finals and everyone will buy into the team concept. But i doubt that. These players have millions and "bitches and hos" to go back to and if a bronze medal at the olympics doesn't wake them up, this certainly won't.

20. DC

DC Guest

problem with the USA basketball team is that they dont play as a team

5 individuals is not how you win a game

egos are way to big.. go back to using college kids..

21. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Yeah, and College Kids are always so modest.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!