• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Basketball Championships

T

The TRUTH

I for one love International B-ball and this years World Basketball Championships are now underway.

discuss.....

Originally posted by DC@Aug 20 2006, 06:27 AM
usa goes undefeated

melo,bron,wade,heinrich c'mon..
Bosh is the reason why the US wins it all.

Spain comes second due to the play of Jose Calederon and Pau Gasol

Originally posted by DC@Aug 20 2006, 02:55 AM
nah brazil mark my words

lol bosh he's a beast
Brazil just got owned by an Australia

It's pretty impressive considering we are without 5 of our first team players including arguably our two best and most experianced players Anstey and Neilson.

DC, your bloody Cavs made a silly move in not signing CJ Bruton earlier this year....

CJ > Barbosa

Originally posted by The TRUTH+Aug 20 2006, 07:25 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DC
@Aug 20 2006, 02:55 AM
nah brazil mark my words

lol bosh he's a beast
Brazil just got owned by an Australia

It's pretty impressive considering we are without 5 of our first team players including arguably our two best and most experianced players Anstey and Neilson.

DC, your bloody Cavs made a silly move in not signing CJ Bruton earlier this year....

CJ > Barbosa [/b]
i donno about that.. i mean the cavs are lookin pretty strong just resigning gooden so we'll have to see B)

Boomers blew a 14 point lead to lose to Turkey in there second match.... once CJ and Smith fouled out we had no chance.

We only get the Boomers games over here (which sux) ... so heres a few of the other results so far...

DAY 1

GER vs JPN 81-70
VEN vs LIB 72-82
BRA vs AUS 77-83
PUR vs USA 100-111
ANG vs PAN 83-70
SCG vs NGR 75-82
GRE vs QAT 84-64
SLO vs SEN 96-79
ARG vs FRA 80-70
ESP vs NZL 86-70
CHN vs ITA 69-84
TUR vs LTU 76-74

DAY 2

NGR vs VEN 77-84
JPN vs ANG 62-87
QAT vs BRA 66-97
SEN vs PUR 79-88
NZL vs GER 56-80
LIB vs ARG 72-107
ITA vs SLO 80-76
AUS vs TUR 68-76
PAN vs ESP 57-101
FRA vs SCG 65-61
LTU vs GRE 76-81
USA vs CHN 121-90

sooooo how is this shaping up? has it finished yet? must be getting close to the final at least

US basketballers power on to set up Greek clash
31 August 2006

SAITAMA: The United States nonchalantly swept aside Germany to set up a semifinal showdown with Greece at the world basketball championship on Wednesday.

A high-energy third quarter sparked the US to an 85-65 victory over Germany after a mis-firing first half in which the Americans' shooting touch completely deserted them.

The red-hot tournament favourites move on to play Greece in Friday's last four after the European champions eased past France 73-56 earlier on Wednesday.

Olympic champions Argentina take on Spain in the other semi-final.

Carmelo Anthony led the US with 19 points and fellow co-captain LeBron James added 13 as the US matched Argentina by making it seven wins out of seven in Japan.

However, the US flirted with disaster in the first half against Germany and took a narrow 40-39 lead into halftime after making just 14 of 44 shots from the floor.

"We missed some easy shots we're capable of making," James told reporters.

"But we never got down on ourselves and the same shots we missed in the first half we made in the second."

Anthony, meanwhile, expressed supreme confidence that the US would end their six-year world and Olympic ***le drought in Japan.

"We control our own destiny," shrugged the Denver Nuggets forward.

"We go and play good, the sky's the limit."

Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki had 15 points for Germany but spent much of the game in foul trouble after picking up his third personal with three minutes and four seconds left in the second quarter.

"In the second half they turned up the heat and it became increasingly difficult to execute our offence," said German coach Dirk Bauermann.

"Some of our guys got on each other on the court and you can't have that."

Big men Antonis Fotsis and Lazaros Papadopoulos led unbeaten Greece with 14 points apiece but the Greeks will hardly have sent a shiver down the spines of the US team.

Greece shaded a scrappy first two quarters, Dimitris Diamantidis providing a rare highlight with an off-balance three at the buzzer to give his team a 34-24 halftime lead.

"We will be playing against the best players in the world," said Diamantidis, attempting to shift pressure on to the American team.

"We don't need to be nervous. It's easy for us."

Greek coach Panagiotis Yannakis was similarly upbeat.

"We showed we can control games," he said.

"The players have put aside their egos for the team. I hope there is more happiness for us in the next few days."

France also fell to Greece with team leader Tony Parker among their ranks in last year's European semifinals.

Parker broke a finger in the run-up to the tournament and France lacked any sort of penetration against a physical Greek defence without the San Antonio Spurs guard.

"We were nervous. We were undisciplined and we were scared," French coach Claude Bergeaud fumed.

"I was very surprised."

[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3782296a1823,00.html

put money on the usa then :p and its greece in the semis

semi-final
greece 101 - usa 95

with this dry spell we've undergone in world championships, i'm beginning to understand what it's like to be an all black supporter.

Goes to show there is such a thing called competition and that US and the ABs for that matter should not show too much arrogance in trying to reclaim the world ***le like its ours by right.

DC i laughed my ass off when i saw the result on sportscenter. I just love it every time the us(that's right you don't even deserve capitals after that effort) loses. It's better when the media hypes them up as they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe they should have played bosh, he could have taken that fat lardy guy to school. Pull him him out 15 feet from the basket and drain some nice jump shots, then when he comes out you go baseline and dunk it down on his fat, Crispy Cream ass. Instead you've got Melo jacking it up for 27 points thinking he's king cheese out there. And from his press conference after the game i now know why he left the NCAA for NBA...He was too f***ing stupid to pass the gimme tests they hand out. I was expecting the next words to come out of his mouth to be "****a, bling, playa" ect. I wonder if he is going to appear in a sequel to that underground video about selling crack, like he did in the original. Oh wait that's right according to all the "experts" he's matured in the past year. Bullshit he's the same illiterate dick who can't play defence. The us still refuses to bring role players to these tournaments and when they do they don't get playing time. Greece did nothing special and the us could not stop them. Maybe playing defensive stoppers like Battier and Bowen for longer might have shut down the greek attack, but instead they played egotistical players who refuse to play a backup team oriented game. It's not all about the number 1 option in international basketball. To say the least they deserved this loss. Maybe and that's a huge maybe, they learned their lesson and will play these games like it's game 7 of the NBA finals and everyone will buy into the team concept. But i doubt that. These players have millions and "*****es and hos" to go back to and if a bronze medal at the olympics doesn't wake them up, this certainly won't.

problem with the USA basketball team is that they dont play as a team

5 individuals is not how you win a game

egos are way to big.. go back to using college kids..

Latest posts