POOL D
France
Ireland
Argentina
Georgia
Namibia

Ireland (W)
Argentina (RU)

Pool D is the only one I'm pretty uncertain of, France could easily replace Argentina. England are in a shambles at the moment and unless a new Coach is appointed quickly and given some extra leeway with player availability etc... I can't see them making the quarter finals.

Pool A:

SA
England
Samoa
USA
Tonga

Pool B:

Wales
Australia
Canada
Fiji
Japan

Pool C:

NZ
Scotland
Italy
Romania
Uruguay

Pool D:

Argentina
Ireland
France
Namibia
Georgia

I see the final stages of the world cup going as so:

WALES
versus
ENGLAND ------- WALES
--------------------versus
NZ----------------IRELAND
versus
IRELAND-----------------------------WALES
---------------------------------------versus----------WINNER: WALES!!! :champion:
SA------------------------------------ARGENTINA
versus
AUSTRALIA-------AUSTRALIA
---------------------versus
ARGENTINA-------ARGENTINA
versus
SCOTLAND

Hey, a man can dream! :wub:

well if we can't top our pool then we're not going to have much chance against the All Blacks in the quarters.

DanCarterite - Mate that is a big call on England not making it through the group stages - I can see how South Africa might top the group (they should be strong but always struggle away from home) but I can't see Samoa beating England.

Samoa has the talent but will struggle to get all of their players early enough to develop into a good enough team and as bad as England are at the moment I don't think that they will be as bad come next year.

Although your call that France won't make it through the group phase is an even bigger call - I mean come on surely the host nation will make it through, right?!

Samoa don't seem to have made any strides forward since the last world cup so that wouldn't exactly fill me with the confidence that they could beat England, granted England have been no great shakes and that's putting it mildly but to think they'd lose to Samoa, I just can't see it happening.

The draw has been so kind to England that a semi-final place wouldn't be that surprising imo.

well if we can't top our pool then we're not going to have much chance against the All Blacks in the quarters.
[/b]
Aha, what will happen is that Ireland play a second string team against Argentina, not wanting to injure their top players before the quarter finals and knowing that the only way to beat NZ is to face them early in the competition before they run out of stamina. They lose the Argentina game and face NZ with their team at full strength and win, but their squad is left in tatters (a nasty tackle means BO'D is out for the rest of the tournament) and they are swept aside by Wales in the Semis. :p

well then if we're talking about fantasy rugby here then Italy will top their group with New Zealand sucumbing to the pressure in Murrayfield and not even make the quarter finals. :p

just thought id post the pools so far for the world cup next year:

POOL A
England
South Africa
Samoa
USA

POOL B
Australia
Wales
Fiji
Canada
Japan

POOL C
New Zealand
Scotland
Italy
Romania

POOL D
France
Ireland
Argentina
Georgia
Namibia
[/b]

Pool A: South Africa to take it, not just cause of sentiment but simply because the other teams in the pool aren't good enough. England second...but not without a bit of a scare from Samoa. :blink:

Pool B: Wales tops. Aus second. Canada is improving by the year. Will put up a fight.

Pool C: Will they choke? ummm. Don't think so yet. NZ to breeze through the pool stages, like they always do, it's the sterner stuff that catches them later. Will put my neck on this and say Italy for second spot.

Pool D: Purely on home ground advantage i'd say France to take this one....but on a points difference. Ireland to take second. I think the Irish will struggle to beat the French in their own back yard.
Argentina will beat France due to sheer passion and probably lose to Ireland due to sheer lack of skill.

Pool A- SA as winners, England as runners-up, as the Manu Samoa may have the skills, but no tight forwards.
Pool B- Australia as winners, they always leave their best rugby for Northern Hemisphere world cups, with Wales running a close second.
Pool C- New Zealand as group winners, Italy to surprise friend and foe and grab 2nd from Scotland.
Pool D- the "group of death"- any 2 of France, Ireland or Argies to go through- the French have the unpredictability, flair and home-ground advantage, Ireland have the current form and are possibly the most improved team in 2006, and the Argies seem to have France`s number, with 4 wins and a 1-point defeat in their last 5 meetings. Anyone`s call really.

I hadn't realised France are up against Argentina in the very first game! Argentina could steal that one, what with French nerves and all. :wacko:

Actually, is it me or do Argentina always seem to play the very first game? 1999, 2003 and 2007! Is there some historical precedent for this, or just luck?

I don't seriously expect England to fail in the pool stages, but on current evidence it is a bit of a big ask of them to make the Semi's, quarters yeah probably but any further than that is doubtfull. Manu Samoa have an outside chance of making it through, admitedly it is a pretty slight one, but they can trouble any opposition. A lot depends on where England go from here, there are good players in the side (and good players not being picked/injured) but the whole set-up is at sixes and sevens at the moment. England needs to do some seriously hard work in the next 10 months.

I'm actually fairly serious about France not making it through to the quarters. If Ireland beat them convincingly in the 6 nations I'll firm that opinion up somewhat. The draw with them playing Argentina first up is what makes me doubt France, the Argies have a great record against France recently and the first run out in the world cup... well lets just say that I think France are facing a rather big struggle to make the quarters.

England South Africa is always going to be a close game but England certainly won't fear South Africa and have proven even under Andy Robinson that they're capable of beating the Boks. So if they win the pool they're most likely to play Wales who again can blow hot and cold, yet the great grand slam team only beat a poor England team by only 2 points so a world cup quarter final with them again isn't that daunting a prospect. So I don't see it as that big an ask.

For mine...

POOL A - South Africa
POOL B - Australia
POOL C - New Zealand
POOL D - Ireland

And the final... Australia vs New Zealand

For mine...

POOL A - South Africa
POOL B - Australia
POOL C - New Zealand
POOL D - Ireland

And the final... Australia vs New Zealand
[/b]

If both OZ and NZ win their pools they'll meet in the Semis..... i'm sure you cant wait for that.

For mine, the Semis will be...

South Africa v France

Australia v New Zealand

As it should be

going by truths predictions..if it is that..i wud love allblacks to meet australia and france in the finals...

all the more merrier it will be for us to win and beat the two teams that outplayed us in 99 and 03...

it doesnt matter really...over prediction

ALL BLACKS...WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS...2007..AND 2011

wales will win there group

and one of the most successfull irish sides only beat england by a few points, and tht try never should of stood, its a good job england aint gunna meet ireland cos im sure theyd be ******** themselves

bit of a difference though, we've beaten them twice at Twickenham, I don't have to remind you what happened in February now.

Latest posts