SEMI FINALS
Winner QF1 (South Africa) v (All Blacks) Winner QF2
Winner QF3 (Ireland) v (England) Winner QF4

Bronze Final
Loser SF1 (South Africa) v (England) Loser SF2

FINAL
Winner SF1 (All Blacks) v (Ireland) Winner SF2

Champ: All Blacks

I'm not sure where Ireland fit into all of this if any northern hemisphere teams are there at the end it will be England or France. All Blacks will be the team to beat.

don't actually know why people rate Samoa higher then Scotland now a days. Samoa only beaten us once in 9 games.

don't actually know why people rate Samoa higher then Scotland now a days. Samoa only beaten us once in 9 games.

Because Scotland are unbelievably ****. And the island nations are always better at the world cup.

Nice prediction, however you have incorrectly calculated the quarter finals from pools A and B. Group winners are playing each other as are the runners up.
Australia not to qualify from Group A is my outside bet :) (biased obviously)

Okay for me I reckon

Pool A
Aus
England

Pool B
S.A.
Samoa

Pool C
New Zealand
Argentina

Pool D (Ha D)
Ireland
France

So Quarter Finals
QF1:pool B winner v Pool A runner up
South Africa v England

QF2:pool C winner V Pool D runner up
New Zealand V France

QF3:pool D Winner V Pool C runner up
Ireland v Argentina

QF4:pool A Winner v Pool B Runner up
Australia V Samoa

Semi Finals
QF1 Winner V QF2 Winner
South Africa V All Blacks

QF3 Winner V QF4 Winner
Ireland v Australia

3rd place
Ireland V All Blacks
Winner AB

Final
South Africa V Australia

World Cup winner
South Africa.

World Cup winner
South Africa.

Increasingly I'm beginning to think SA will be up against winning this RWC. Too many injuries to key experienced leaders like Vermeulen, Alberts, De Villiers, Du Preez, Matfield who will have not have a lot of time to get back and play enough rugby before RWC begins; that and their Super rugby teams were very poor this year. Players like De Jager, Cotzee, Pollard, De Allande, Kriel are still pretty inexperienced.

- - - Updated - - -

Pool A

QUARTER FINALS
Winner Pool B (South Africa) v (Australia) Runner-up Pool A
Winner Pool C (All Blakcs) v (France) Runner -up Pool D
Winner Pool D (Ireland) v (Argentina) Runner-up Pool C
Winner Pool A (England) v (Samoa) Runner-up Pool B

SEMI FINALS
Winner QF1 (South Africa) v (All Blacks) Winner QF2
Winner QF3 (Ireland) v (England) Winner QF4

Bronze Final
Loser SF1 (South Africa) v (England) Loser SF2

FINAL
Winner SF1 (All Blacks) v (Ireland) Winner SF2

Champ: All Blacks

On paper yes, but there are always a few twists and turns at RWC and it never pans out that way. Pool A is just too close to call, runner's up spot in Pool B is between Samoa and Scotland, pool D, well my money is still on Ireland to top it and France to finish runner's up, but still France do have the players to win pool D and then it changes the dynamics of the QFs.

I will never forget 2007 when everyone expected NZ to play Argentina in the QF, but then Argentina topped the group ahead of the hosts France, who then finished runner's up and played that Cardiff QF with a certain English ref. And then everyone expected Australia to beat England in the other QF, but forgot how bad the Wallaby front row would be and how they underestimated an England team still containing a lot of experienced players from the 2003 RWC. So history tells us that RWC never runs according to plan.

Increasingly I'm beginning to think SA will be up against winning this RWC. Too many injuries to key experienced leaders like Vermeulen, Alberts, De Villiers, Du Preez, Matfield who will have not have a lot of time to get back and play enough rugby before RWC begins; that and their Super rugby teams were very poor this year. Players like De Jager, Cotzee, Pollard, De Allande, Kriel are still pretty inexperienced.

- - - Updated - - -

On paper yes, but there are always a few twists and turns at RWC and it never pans out that way. Pool A is just too close to call, runner's up spot in Pool B is between Samoa and Scotland, pool D, well my money is still on Ireland to top it and France to finish runner's up, but still France do have the players to win pool D and then it changes the dynamics of the QFs.

I will never forget 2007 when everyone expected NZ to play Argentina in the QF, but then Argentina topped the group ahead of the hosts France, who then finished runner's up and played that Cardiff QF with a certain English ref. And then everyone expected Australia to beat England in the other QF, but forgot how bad the Wallaby front row would be and how they underestimated an England team still containing a lot of experienced players from the 2003 RWC. So history tells us that RWC never runs according to plan.

Typical arrogant Englishman.

Okay for me I reckon

Pool A
Aus
England

Pool B
S.A.
Samoa

Pool C
New Zealand
Argentina

Pool D (Ha D)
Ireland
France

So Quarter Finals
South Africa v England

New Zealand V France

Ireland v Argentina

Australia V Samoa

Semi Finals
QF1 Winner V QF2 Winner

QF3 Winner V QF4 Winner
Ireland v Australia

3rd place
Ireland V All Blacks
Winner AB

Final
South Africa V Australia

World Cup winner
South Africa.

I do not know whether any or all of that will come true but would be upset by a AB v SA meeting so early in the competition. They are clearly the two best sides in the world and should, or be given the chance to, play each other in the final!

I do not know whether any or all of that will come true but would be upset by a AB v SA meeting so early in the competition. They are clearly the two best sides in the world and should, or be given the chance to, play each other in the final!
That's very unlikely though as it requires one of the top two sides as you say to come second in their group.

Typical arrogant Englishman.

Eh? How was my post arrogant? I said there are bound to be twists and turns at this coming RWC based on past history and it would not go according to plan. So, you typify the humble Englishman do you?

Last edited:
Okay for me I reckon

Pool A
Aus
England

Pool B
S.A.
Samoa

Pool C
New Zealand
Argentina

Pool D (Ha D)
Ireland
France

So Quarter Finals
South Africa v England

New Zealand V France

Ireland v Argentina

Australia V Samoa

Semi Finals
QF1 Winner V QF2 Winner

QF3 Winner V QF4 Winner
Ireland v Australia

3rd place
Ireland V All Blacks
Winner AB

Final
South Africa V Australia

World Cup winner
South Africa.

pool A
Wales
Oz

Pool B
Boks
Samoa

Pool C
NZ
Argentina

Pool D
France
Ireland

1/4 s
Boks v Oz
NZ v Ireland
France v Argentina
Wales v Samoa

Semis
Boks v NZ
Wales v Ireland

Final
Wales v NZ

Easy.

Ireland

- - - Updated - - -

pool A
Wales
Oz

Pool B
Boks
Samoa

Pool C
NZ
Argentina

Pool D
France
Ireland

1/4 s
Boks v Oz
NZ v Ireland
France v Argentina
Wales v Samoa

Semis
Boks v NZ
Wales v Ireland

Final
Wales v NZ

Easy.

Mistake Replace Ireland with France in the semi, final same outcome Wales NZ

I agree with your previous post, and i dont see any arrogance in it.

- - - Updated - - -

pool A
Wales
Oz

Pool B
Boks
Samoa

Pool C
NZ
Argentina

Pool D
France
Ireland

1/4 s
Boks v Oz
NZ v Ireland
France v Argentina
Wales v Samoa

Semis
Boks v NZ
Wales v Ireland

Final
Wales v NZ

Easy.

Ireland

- - - Updated - - -

pool A
Wales
Oz

Pool B
Boks
Samoa

Pool C
NZ
Argentina

Pool D
France
Ireland

1/4 s
Boks v Oz
NZ v Ireland
France v Argentina
Wales v Samoa

Semis
Boks v NZ
Wales v Ireland

Final
Wales v NZ

Easy.

Mistake Replace Ireland with France in the semi, final same outcome Wales NZ

In semis you omiited the winner of the key France vs Argentina, and you put both NZ and Ireland instead.

Eh? How was my post arrogant? I said there are bound to be twists and turns at this coming RWC based on past history and it would not go according to plan. So, you typify the humble Englishman do you?

Ha wouldn't take that post seriously - "typical arrogant englishman" is a running joke for whenever someone posts something positive about England.

Anywho

Some incredibly close groups, hard to call at the moment.
Pool A - any of the 3 big teams could be eliminated easily, plus wouldn't put it past Fiji to throw a spanner in the works (probably at Wales' expense...), so not comfortable to call it just yet.
Pool B - SA to top, 2nd place to be between Samoa and Scotland. Be interesting to see if Japan can make a dent on either of them too, after a couple of big scalps in recent years.
Pool C - NZ, Arg - no contest
Pool D - Ireland top, depending on the French sorting themselves out of course. Wouldn't completely rule out Italy yet either, as poor as they were in the 6 Nations. If they click, and catch France / Ireland on a bad day, then it's not impossible for them to beat either as they have done fairly recently.

Okay for me I reckon

Pool A
Aus
England

Pool B
S.A.
Samoa

Pool C
New Zealand
Argentina

Pool D (Ha D)
Ireland
France

So Quarter Finals
South Africa v England

New Zealand V France

Ireland v Argentina

Australia V Samoa

Semi Finals
QF1 Winner V QF2 Winner

QF3 Winner V QF4 Winner
Ireland v Australia

3rd place
Ireland V All Blacks
Winner AB

Final
South Africa V Australia

World Cup winner
South Africa.

I'm inclined to agree with this hypothesis.
South Africa have the squad to do the damage and the ability to comfortably pull their head in like a tortoise, batten down the hatches and function very well using only the players numbered 1-10.
England can do this too but not as well as the Boks.
I see the AB's leaving this tournament as early as the quarter finals if they don't get it right (and that would hurt a lot as I have tickets to the quarter final in Cardiff)
I do not believe this All Black Squad is as likely to get the results they need in the knockout phase as both England , the Boks and potentially Aussie can.
I sincerely hope we can retain the trophy but I don't see it.
The Boks winning the RWC for a 3rd time... it doesn't bear thinking about...

England vs Wales. Until this match is played, any prediction is a wild guess.

Scotty a lack of perception about Scottish advancement over the last few months . Glasgow posted a positive against over confident Paddies . A lot of talent waiting to show what they can do .

Latest posts