• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup 2023 Forum Awards

Drunkest Poster
@Groundhog (no idea why, just everyone else thinks so)

Saltiest Poster
@Dean Cooperfield-West (made me hate the English and I'm English)

Worst Newcomer
@Joe 90 (speaks for itself)

Saddest Poster
@Whore of Shame (the irish deserve to win some thing)

Most Insightful
@Vieux Talonneur (some good stuff)

Most Deluded
@Welsh Exile (on behalf of Wales Online)

Funniest Poster
@saulan (For spectacularly continuing the fallout of SA vs France refereeing decisions)

I reserve every right to change this because if England beat SA i fully expect the SA lads to go full on mental.

Drunkest Poster
@Groundhog - Just because

Saltiest Poster
@Batsumy -Please see the evolution of p.29-45 of the France vs South Africa thread for more information

Worst Newcomer
@andyatkins303 - Great contributions, gone too soon

Saddest Poster
@Whore of Shame - This is a given. What a tough year

Most Insightful
@Bruce_ma gooshvili Always has good perspectives on the broader rugby landscape

Most Deluded
@Stade Rochelais - Not sure if deluded is the right word. Clearly comes here for the winding up fun

Funniest Poster
@Pieter Steph du Teague - No specific post came to mind, just his name came front of mind. The man likes his bantz. Goes well with @TRF_Olyy

Most entertaining poster
@Cruz_del_Sur - Honestly, I get great entertainment out of the threads where you latch onto something someone has said and then argument mode is activated. Never change

I will update later in the week, too tired after work to be editing my OP. I'm a lazy man

The irony nominating me for the saltiest posted. I'm not the ones upset because my team has been eliminated.

When the going gets tough you can always rely on us to be there. That's what we do - fight until the very end.

The other northern hemisphere countries need to take notice of us. You could all learn a thing or two

The irony nominating me for the saltiest posted. I'm not the ones upset because my team has been eliminated.

When the going gets tough you can always rely on us to be there. That's what we do - fight until the very end.

The other northern hemisphere countries need to take notice of us. You could all learn a thing or two
Would you prefer most deluded then?

Felix The Cat GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

The joke is we give most deluded to the most delusional so I'm going to nominate @Zootalaws for his comment about DuPont.
He's never been nominated as player of the year, never led a victorious WC team

His 'glory' has been limited to one 6N and a couple of Top14 championships

He's no Dan Carter

He's never been nominated as player of the year, never led a victorious WC team

His 'glory' has been limited to one 6N and a couple of Top14 championships

He's no Dan Carter
dont get me wrong. DC was an AB great...but he was surrounded by other AB greats so he had things slightly easier i think

dont get me wrong. DC was an AB great...but he was surrounded by other AB greats so he had things slightly easier i think
I think Dupont has some pretty class people around him as well. Time will tell but this French side is still stupidly young for all their talent. Your pretty much looking at the same side in 4 years time when in theory they'll be in thier prime. It's a bloody scary prospect considering how good they are now.

I get AD is a freak, an unbelievable player. But are we really comparing him to DC?

My family is from Swindon. Shrivenham more specifically. Swindon was a dumperoo last time I was there lol. Fun posting every few years lol.

My family is from Swindon. Shrivenham more specifically. Swindon was a dumperoo last time I was there lol. Fun posting every few years lol.
Small world, my dad lives in the next village along (Uffington).

Small world, my dad lives in the next village along (Uffington).
My dad and I are die hard STFC supporters. Was a mascot for them way back in 1996, and my uncle is part of their STFC trust. My dads brother:

My dad left England in his early 20's to come to Africa.

On that note, my father is a full blown Springbok now, but with football, both he and I are England supporters.

You any good at rugby...?

View attachment 18251
Every day I regret not leaving SA to go live there after school. But no, I was bang average lol. Our schoolboy scene is quite insane. To stand out here you have to be 6.4 110kg at 18, or stupidly gifted with skill. I was a ruck inspector who enjoyed the old tackle 😂

I get AD is a freak, an unbelievable player. But are we really comparing him to DC?
He is amazing, but like on a GOAT list people putting him in the top 10 ahead of Joost vdW. Even Fourie du Preez who was phenomenal (and I still hold a grudge he didn't win POTY in 2009...). At 26 I'm not sure it's fair to say he is THAT good yet. But it's scary how good he will become if he keeps it up. He hasn't even peaked yet in all likelihood. Games like this QF is what is gonna make him a great.

Etzebeth was a raging bull loose Canon in the beginning. Look at him now at 31... Peaking and showing a huge rugby brain.

Latest posts