• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WORLD CUP FINAL REMATCH

B

BOKean

Imagine the final being France v Argentina or England v South Africa!

pool games rematch would be epic!
do you think its possible?

Nah. It will be France vs South Africa with you guys ******** all over them.

I am expecting a South Africa v France final so a pool rematch probably won't happen.

Although as Saturday has shown, you shouldnt expect anything in this world cup, so who knows?

I hope it isnt a rematch though, as it makes it a little less interesting imo.

As a Saffa I am risking being shot or necklaced, but I would not be too upset if Arg beat SA in the Semi's as long as ithey then go on to win the cup.

The both could quite be possible, especially France vs Argentina

From what I have seen from SA this afternoon, if they make the same kind of errors and approximations, they will pay it much more than they had to Fidji....

As a Saffa I am risking being shot or necklaced, but I would not be too upset if Arg beat SA in the Semi's as long as ithey then go on to win the cup.
[/b]

Hmm... I think we, argentinians, would not be too upset if SA beats us, as long as they up winning it all, too.

Has nothing to do with the "SH brotherhood", or anything that stupid (Pff, Arg does not need to beg them for a tourney or anything, only wait til the rugby viewers world-wide are tired of always the same three teams)

Anyway, back to point, of all fellow country-men I spoke, like 90% want prefer SA over France or England... Still, we`ll try to give SA a run for their money.

Anyway, back to point, of all fellow country-men I spoke, like 90% want prefer SA over France or England... Still, we`ll try to give SA a run for their money.[/b]

I'm one of those 90%, us or SA.

[/b]

Well considering how nervvy SA and Argentina were against their respective opponents, would you chaps agree that this Semi Final between SA and Argentina could go down to extra time?

And I reckon I`m one of the 99.99999% of South Africans who would also like us to win- obviously QK`s the exception here.

But if the Argies beat us in the semi, I`ll definately be supporting them for the final. Once again, nothing to do with a SH brotherhood, but more because of the respect we have for the Argies. Porta in the 80`s, winning a game for the rebel Jaguars- an Argie side in all but name- right here in SA. I reckon it`s because we`ve got a bit of a history in rugby hey.

How do you think the actual game will go though Bok?

All I've heard about the up and coming match from either Argentine or Bok fans is either "its really nice" and "I'm really nervous" but no definitive pre match anaylisis or match ups such as Hernandez/Conteponi vs Steyn/Montgomery or Borges vs Habana?

I want tension! I want people to tell me what they think!

I'd say it will either be equal at half-time, with a 50% chance of either team leading by 3. This trend should continue till the 60-minute mark, and my guess is that SA would win by 7 to 10 points.

One thing is certain though, SA will HAVE to work on the mistakes we made today if we want to have a shot at beating Argentina. If we play Argentina the same way we did today, there's just no way in hell. I would've loved to hear Jake White's halftime and end-time speeches in the changing-rooms. If today's performance by SA was some kind of tactic, it sure was a bizarre one.

Having said that, if Argentina does beat us in the semi's, I'll also support them in the final.

I'll support whoever wins out of SA and the Argies just like a lot of Welsh and Irish supporters here jumped on the England bandwagon especially since saturday.

Actually, to go back on my previous post:

If the final is:

SA vs France, I'll support SA (obviously)
SA vs England, ditto.
Argentina vs France, I'll support Argentina.
Argentina vs England, I'll support England.

i believe south africa and england will be in the final [/b]

I certainly haven't 'jumped on the England Bandwagon'

I'm supporting:

Argentina
France
South Africa

England.

It'll be hell here if England won it again, fu**ing media.

And I reckon I`m one of the 99.99999% of South Africans who would also like us to win- obviously QK`s the exception here.

But if the Argies beat us in the semi, I`ll definately be supporting them for the final. Once again, nothing to do with a SH brotherhood, but more because of the respect we have for the Argies. Porta in the 80`s, winning a game for the rebel Jaguars- an Argie side in all but name- right here in SA. I reckon it`s because we`ve got a bit of a history in rugby hey.
[/b]

O no mate, lol, I think you're miss understanding and understanding me at the same time, a sort of quantum state of understanding if you will.....

I want the Boks to win more than anything in the world. I recognize the possibilty that it might be the last time we might be competitive in a RWC and this could be the last stand for the Springbok to show it's worth, it is not only to win the world cup for us, it's about winning the Springbok's right to survival.

However, for me there is no nation in the world I'd rather loose the world cup to than Argentina, for that there is the history you mention above and then the impression I get that this particular Puma side carries the passion, the spirit, brotherhood, and mystical aura that I've seen in a few teams before...95 Boks, 2003 Poms - and while my eyes become teary and my head begins to hurt when I think of the Bok not winning the Cup, I know I would find some solace in losing to a side with destiny in it's flanks, conversely, there would be no better side and nation in defeat than these Puma's, if we beat them you can be damn sure no one will call them chokers.

I want the Boks to win more than anything in the world. I recognize the possibilty that it might be the last time we might be competitive in a RWC
[/b]

Sadly, I suspect this is true :( It would be absolutely great to go out with a bang one last time.

If South Africa play like they did against England, Argentina have no chance. I reckon France will beat England as England has shown a real lack of try-scoring capability against the tougher teams. :cheers:

I doubt they can win on just kicks.