• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World in Union 2015

On this topic, does anyone know if there is a link to the SA opening ceremony, where 'World in Union' was first used? I have memories of it being one of the greatest opening ceremonies I've seen (the adding of lyrics to Jupiter by Holst was a fantastic idea)

I love the song, I get shivers when I hear it and particularly like the fact that it's redone every 4 years in the flavour of the host nation.

The 1995 and 1999 versions are my favourite.

i liked the one from 1995 ITV used for that world cup, i remember that one

On this topic, does anyone know if there is a link to the SA opening ceremony, where 'World in Union' was first used? I have memories of it being one of the greatest opening ceremonies I've seen (the adding of lyrics to Jupiter by Holst was a fantastic idea)
Just to point the first one was in 1991 not '95 although that remains my favourite version.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_in_Union

[video=youtube_share;f-PP0aC3opA]http://youtu.be/f-PP0aC3opA[/video]
Don't know if this is a frapp or someone has actually got a Leak on the song..

I love the song, I get shivers when I hear it and particularly like the fact that it's redone every 4 years in the flavour of the host nation.

The 1995 and 1999 versions are my favourite.

Agreed. My personal favourite is Hayley Westenra's version 4 years ago, but then I do like her voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to find it on Youtube, but no luck. I think the song was written and first used for the 1991 RWC though.

No. Not this again. This is turning more and more into a Band Aid thing.

are they not using the old world in union song? i love that track

The Amazon page has been updated and will release on September 25th, track listing

Paloma Faith oh dear god no......

- - - Updated - - -

Just seen it from another source.....dear god the rest of the rugby world will laugh at us so hard. Luckily unlike the Olympics nobody else will care.

My God Paloma has butchered this song. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I adore Paloma but hate this interpretation!

I wonder who had the stupidity to try and do this classic different to how it has been done for years?

Was it ITV or is it being ruined like this everywhere?

Latest posts