• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League: Elite or Pro?

T

Titan

I've had numerous abortive attempts to start a World League campaign on Elite level, but have only managed 3 wins the entire time (by a combined total of 5 points - I kid you not). The question is, how much of a drop down is Pro level? Will the AI still give me a decent game as I (hopefully) work my way through the league?

yeah they will give u a fair game if u r struggling that much, but when u gett to higher up divisions ull get bored. my advise is practise on other game modes at elite level.

Do not make the misake of starting a world league on pro. Like everyone else who did, you will just hav to start again. I lost my first season on pro, buy a few players and get ready for season 2.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 27 2006, 07:49 AM
Do not make the misake of starting a world league on pro. Like everyone else who did, you will just hav to start again. I lost my first season on pro, buy a few players and get ready for season 2.
CeeJay - sorry, do you mean you lost your first season on Pro or Elite?

sorry! I meant Elite! on pro you might lose a few games but then it gets so easy its not funny.

Yeah, thought as much. Shame you can't change the difficulty midway through a campaign.

i havn't even played a game in pro

and found elite pretty challenging at the start.

winning super 14 on elite, and 1/2 way on the table on elite WL, was a bit of a challenge to start with but yeah you will get there. if you are winning games its not that bad ;)

Am i the only one who can play this game? I didnt lose a game of my first world league on elite! I think this game is too easwy again. Just started 2nd season... 1st game against Auckland (should be good right? oh yeah they have joe van niekerk aswell) I win 32-0... 6 tries (yeah i know i cant kick goals worth a damn) Defending is too easy. Especially against smokin joe he should easily be able to beat nawali one on one.

This game is to easy, everyone will realise this after a couple of weeks, its just still so much damn fun. Ive taken on the rule i used last year. When defending i select a player at the ruck, and whatever player im given, thats the only one i control until the next phase. Its like a self imposed defensive player lock. It makes it a good challenge as you hav to now rely on the same dodgy defence as the ai. It gets them scoring tries again, and is actually quite fun.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 27 2006, 01:42 PM
This game is to easy, everyone will realise this after a couple of weeks, its just still so much damn fun. Ive taken on the rule i used last year. When defending i select a player at the ruck, and whatever player im given, thats the only one i control until the next phase. Its like a self imposed defensive player lock. It makes it a good challenge as you hav to now rely on the same dodgy defence as the ai. It gets them scoring tries again, and is actually quite fun.
yes i have self imposed rules aswell

i have too

my backline:

FB Rogers
WG Robinson*
WG Tiquiri
CT Umaga*
CT BOD*
FH Henson*
SH Whittaker

now i impose myself to hit dive tackle atleast once

i might try this Ceejay tactic aswell..........seems like fun.

***an play on elite,if you play on pro, you'll get into div 1 and you'll be pounding every one by 90 points then it wont be much fun anymore

they really need to include sliders into the 2007 game, so once your to good for elite, you can edit the gameplay using the sliders..

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 27 2006, 02:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Feb 27 2006, 01:42 PM
yes i have self imposed rules aswell

i have too

my backline:

FB Rogers
WG Robinson*
WG Tiquiri
CT Umaga*
CT BOD*
FH Henson*
SH Whittaker

now i impose myself to hit dive tackle atleast once

i might try this Ceejay tactic aswell..........seems like fun. [/b]
It is, imagine that you select a forward at the ruck(you hav to stick with th first guy it gives, sometimes a forwrd, sometimes a back) only to hav their winger break the line, you try to get across and cover but you get smoked and watch the rest of the play unfold helplessly. It just evens things up a bit, and you still get all the attacking fun.

ak47,

That is a pretty awsome back-line. I wouldn't imagine that you would have any trouble smashing any team that you come up against. You could add Gregan, Montgomery, and Habana and go for all seven stars.

But then having all those annoying star icons flying around would be annoying. (Yes yes, I know that you can turn them off but where is the fun in that.)

And in addition the non-star players are pretty good anyway so what's the point of getting anymore.

I think that there should be a limit on how many star players you can have in the same squad. I think that three, okay maybe 4, should be the maximum.

Originally posted by BigTen@Feb 27 2006, 08:17 PM
ak47,

That is a pretty awsome back-line.  I wouldn't imagine that you would have any trouble smashing any team that you come up against.  You could add Gregan, Montgomery, and Habana and go for all seven stars.

But then having all those annoying star icons flying around would be annoying.  (Yes yes, I know that you can turn them off but where is the fun in that.)

And in addition the non-star players are pretty good anyway so what's the point of getting anymore.

I think that there should be a limit on how many star players you can have in the same squad.  I think that three, okay maybe 4, should be the maximum.
Ur not wrong bigten

Last night I played 3 games and won 40 something to nil in 5 min halves

Its getting rather monotonous with winning

But I want habana, and cau cau so the dream isn’t over

But after playing those 3 games in WL, I loaded up my debut S14 season

Now what a wake up call

After taking for granted my superstar team, I learnt a lesson in s14 with standard rosters

I won 1st game â€" 14-7

But I lost to the stormers in round 2…………..21-14,

And I am coming 4th in the season….played 7 games, and was like “just one more match†before bed, coz it was soo competitive and fun

So the spark is back…………..this game rocks ***s when ur not playing world league

I think for the future version they should have a star difficulty system like PES, and u can only win in 5 or 6 stars with a superstar team…like pes…and so u can change the difficulty only in the offseason……….this would make the WL last longer……….make it so its near impossible to win in 5 stars with a standard roster…………..so that WL gets more value out of it

I know when I play the tri-nations on elite it will be a great competitive series.

Its as though they made the difficulty suited to normal comps, but when u juice up ur WL team the elite difficulty just doesn’t cut it

edit - forgot to mention, that i am in deep deep debt with this backline....its only my 5th or 6th season, and i am at 1,400,000 in kitty but my team is 2,100,000.

i need 700,000 grand before the end of the yr, and i suppose this present a challenge of trying to win by 30pts each match.....but again gets rathers boring in the 80mins whilst doing it.........but some of the tries u would never see in real life.....air fisting stuff.

:bravo:

Latest posts