• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League Player Efficiency Thread

B

BOKean

we had a really usefull thread like this last year so i thought i would make a nother one for the new game.

i havent played the game so if world league player hiring system is completely different this year then mods can feel free to remove the thread.

Who have you found to be cheap and effective in improving your team?
not after superstars, just value for money players

in the first season, you have a very limited pool of players to purchase, especially in the backs for some reason.

first things tho. get rid of nawali, he costs loads, is fast but has 28 handling and drops everything!

he was first out

Originally posted by davidson@Feb 15 2006, 09:55 AM
first things tho. get rid of nawali, he costs loads, is fast but has 28 handling and drops everything!

he was first out
But as a default player, doesn't he cost nothing in salary?

no, you pay all your players a salary now, trading players can actually save you money.

On my game, only the players who are at the club in real life, but are in the WL are paid salary. I'm quite sure that the default players like Heffler have no salary, only a value.

Originally posted by davidson@Feb 15 2006, 09:55 AM
in the first season, you have a very limited pool of players to purchase, especially in the backs for some reason.

he was first out
I play Nawali on Wing (ELITE)...He's lightning and leading Division 3 top try scorer with 9 tries....

For my first couple of matches (before transfer) I moved Heffler to fullback coz I needed to keep him in the team (goalkicker) I moved Berti to Flyhalf coz he's a good tactical kicker out of hand, which is what you need in the first matches pre transfer window. Heffler's not bad on fullback, now and again he can't get to the ball....too slow

I wanted to get a better kicker so I bought T.Hayes (or something to that effect), he only had something like 80 kicking stats but was probably the best goal kicker interested in my squad at the first transfer window, he's got a overall rating of 60/68, I just took the chance and bought the guy. He's good enough to get the points on kicks, but he'll probably go at the next window.

whats damms kicking like? still 68? i would rather have him on the wing, and heffer right out of the picture, and have berti at fh.

oh and it was my idea last year, i want credit dammit!

Only real players from the club start off being paid a salary, but you get money back from the value (so not salary) of any players you sell. Does make the trade element more tactical as you can sell a good player for a worse one and actually make money.

It is very difficult to buy a decent 10, and in the end I agreed to a move to Sale Sharks so that I could develop a team around Hodgson. That said, as you move up the leagues better players are interested in joining you. My best buy so far has been Hylton from Worcester (you get him by default if you start as them). Good cheap but effective winger for the lower leagues and a bit beyond!

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 20 2006, 10:56 AM
tota vida - is a good buy for d4
Yeah, he's a very good buy, very quick and I think can play a number of positions.

Had the chance to buy Michelak (or Mallack as I think he appears) - he is on as a scrum half which is good because 10s are very hard to sign. He can obviously play there though, and although expensive, really does get your backs going.

Yeah the Fijian centre Tota Vida is a good buy. He is a bit old though and I presume that he will retire soon or his stats will start going south.

do rookie players (made up - ala madden) come after a few years with players retiring?

last year i got habana with my first pick... this was before he was as well known as he is now, and a steal for something like 27 points... i bet costs a butload now

I dont think players retire, and there is no progression or regression so he should be fine.

Latest posts