• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League

T

toup

To all you unlucky guys that don't have it yet, thought I'd hit you with a bit of info on the world league. (There's already enough people saying how damn good this game is so thought I'd be more specific - after 10 hours or so I am convinced this is a RC 2006 beater, but going to give it more time still)

Basically, you can start World League as any team in their imaginary '3rd Division' which comprises basically the worst club teams in the game (the likes of worcester and bristol from the GP, and the two new S14 franchises). You are then given a few of the Club's real life players (on a seemingly random basis) and the likes of Heffler etc from the last game.

You then proceed to take part in both the League and knoclout cup, winning money for victories, tries scored and an attendance bonus when you're at home. There are set transfer windows which open throughout the season and you can buy new players. I'm still undecided how well implemented this is. For a start, you still have to exchange a current player when you buy a new one, and you get a kind of 'part exchange' deduction from the price of your new player, plus your team's end of season salary bill is raised or lowered accordingly - it's fairly close to last year's system just with money instead of points! The number of transfers isn't limited however (or as far as I can see) so you could potentially trade in some players to buy one more expensive one. What is new is that you can't just pick anyone - only players interested in your club, which means that lower clubs can't attract massive stars. I suppose it's realistic and it does make the game a bit harder - you can still buy game changing players for the level you're in.

Other than that it's fairly close to last year, I THINK players age but forgot to check this out properly. The AI does buy and sell players which is cool, and it really is a challenge, especially when you get better clubs in the Cup etc - it can really be an education for your team. Sorry it's a bit random but just writing things as i remember them! Injuries do occur and you are told roughly what it is and how long they will be out which beats last year's guessing game!

That's all I can think of for now but will be on and off all day between playing this and watching the 6N (great day of rugby!) so feel free to ask questions!

PS this game is absolutely awesome, but trying to keep an objective stance and not get blown away by the graphics etc... but it does play exceptional, varied rugby... dammit, off topic in my own thread...

EDIT: Just seen a question in another thread - yes you do get offers from other clubs - pretty tough decisions when you've spent time bringing in good players to your existing club!

Toup thanks for taking the time and yup gives a pretty good idea of World league so big up to you!!! :bravo:

and you can get fired as well??? Great sounds good - wait but can you play international matches?

Originally posted by Jacko@Feb 11 2006, 08:39 PM
and you can get fired as well??? Great sounds good - wait but can you play international matches?
You get a season objective such as promotion etc, I guess if you don't get it then your job is on the line...

There's a job security meter as well so assume if that gets too low you'd better start looking elsewhere!

It's only club matches, you don't play Internationals. It's very much just a jazzed up version of last year's world league, but it's good fun.

aye thanks for the info world league was something i was wanting info on. It sounds pretty good very much like rl 2 so I know i will like it

If you get promoted or something do you have the choice to join another team or not?

Originally posted by Air Ben@Feb 11 2006, 10:17 PM
If you get promoted or something do you have the choice to join another team or not?
Well I got promoted in my first season and didn't get any new offers, but I did get a nice bonus for being with the club a year, which I have invested in some new players... reckon it'll be a tough season, but I'm hoping to go up again!

Does it record the stats of individual players of other teams? (for example, you can see who is the leading Point Scorer, Try scorer and what not for the division.).

Do the A.I buy players off you? And what determines the money you make from the Admission? If you play with a team with a larger stadium would you get more? and if your on a winning/losing streaking do you get more/less?

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 12 2006, 12:54 AM
Does it record the stats of individual players of other teams? (for example, you can see who is the leading Point Scorer, Try scorer and what not for the division.).

Yeah, there is a chart, but it has some really weird stats. One guy was scoring 33 penalties per match...

But it includes stuff like top points, try, penalty taker for each division. And you can look at individual teams, and who has scored what.

Sounds good shold keep us going till next year and that is the most I am hoping for is a rugby game that i stop playing after a week.

Originally posted by tigre0392@Feb 12 2006, 08:06 AM
rugby 2006 is it a good game ?

please harisson
It is hard to answer as people have different opinions.

Rugby 2006 is better than Rugby 2005, definitely. I think it is a good game aswell, and if you liked 05, then I would recomend buying it.

However, if you hated 05, rent it first.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 12 2006, 11:36 PM
Is there player progression in world league mode?
Nope... can't think of anything longer to answer so it's a very short post! Think they may age but certainly haven't noticed any stat changes...

Latest posts