• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World League

I also had to reach the quarter finals with Bristol, lost in second round as well and at the end of the season got told I did not meet expectations but I was allowed to keep the job

Originally posted by sambad5@Feb 24 2006, 10:29 AM
how often do you get offers from other clubs?
Seems to vary quite a lot. If you're doing well you'll get 'better' offers although I sometimes switch clubs just for a new challenge. The advantage to switching is you often get a better 10 than you can buy normally.

What I like about world league is that the players you can buy are limited so it forces you to try new things. On the old game I would invariably end up with the same lineup after a few seasons.

Originally posted by toup+Feb 25 2006, 09:36 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Feb 24 2006, 10:29 AM
Seems to vary quite a lot. If you're doing well you'll get 'better' offers although I sometimes switch clubs just for a new challenge. The advantage to switching is you often get a better 10 than you can buy normally.

What I like about world league is that the players you can buy are limited so it forces you to try new things. On the old game I would invariably end up with the same lineup after a few seasons. [/b]
ok, so are we talking 1 offer ever 2 seasons, or once your in the elte league? do they offer you them at the end of season? is it obvious when you get a offer?

and so does it reset, sort of, your carrer, and end up with the generic wl boys again?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 22 2006, 09:22 AM
If a player is greyed out, it means he is not interested in joining your team.
oh, and why would he be listed in the first place if hes not intrested?

The chiefs are pretty decent. Foward pack is pretty solid, missing only a quality number 8. The backline is a mixed affair, their wingers are ok- Masaga is good but is far too expensive for his stats- you can usually score if they get enough space, first five is ok from a general play standpoint but cannot kick goals, centres are pretty weak and fullback is average at best (but has the best goal kicking stats in the team at 67 that redeems him a bit)

If you buy a reasonable centre and decent first five that can kick goals they are quite good for a div 3 team.

First season on pro i lost in the quarters of knockout, and lost only one reg. season game. Unfortunately i ended up drawing my last two regular season matches which put me third on points differential, so i didnt make it up to div two :angry:

although i didnt make the semis of knockout i kept my job luckily for me.

It was frustrating, but i racked up enough cash to build a good team by the end of the season so i should win this year hopefully.

Originally posted by sambad5+Mar 5 2006, 09:17 AM-->
Originally posted by toup@Feb 25 2006, 09:36 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Feb 24 2006, 10:29 AM

What I like about world league is that the players you can buy are limited so it forces you to try new things. On the old game I would invariably end up with the same lineup after a few seasons.
ok, so are we talking 1 offer ever 2 seasons, or once your in the elte league? do they offer you them at the end of season? is it obvious when you get a offer?

and so does it reset, sort of, your carrer, and end up with the generic wl boys again? [/b]
No, you get the new team's current squad... sometimes they've made a few trades which can be a good or a bad thing. Sometimes you'll get two offers at once - it seems to be at start of transfer windows for some reason. You get a little box with the offer showing the new team's financial situation and league position and if they're still in the cup. No chance to look at the squad sadly.

It's good just for a bit of a change so you're not always playing with the same team from the beginning. I personally try to switch every couple of seasons - can be quite nasty coming up agains one of your old teams who you have filled with stars!

Latest posts