• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby U20 Championship

Depends whether it was intentional or incidental.

Thankfully, it looks like we'll have at least one good scrummager next year, in Seville.

That is a real, bona fide, dyed-in-the-wool dicking.

This shows what can happen when the NZRU finally wakes up and decides to resourse the Under 20s properly.

A couple of mitigating factors for England:

1. As discussed we were missing a LOT of our best players. The 5 who were with the senior squad, plus Will Evans and Shilcock who were injured pre tournamnet, Joe Morris our best tighthead, and then all the injuries during; Brophy-Clews, Morris, Crossdale...Our best team would have 10/11 changes to the 23 that featured in the final. This really is one of our best ever age groups, just ravaged by injuries and senior call ups. They've done brilliantly to reach the final all things considered.

2. The England team that got beat up in the final is, across the board, younger than that Kiwi team. I think about 15 or so should be back next year. Jacob Umaga, for example, who was getting some stick earlier in this thread has 2 more years at this level. For context a lot of the New Zealand team that have just won played last year and got dumped out of their group by Ireland finishing 5th overall. Aumua and Walker-Leawere, who have both been utterly dominant this year, were also-rans last time round. A year at this age is huge for development.

Last edited:
I've also just seen the red card from the Wales Italy game... what the ****?!

2. The England team that got beat up in the final is, across the board, younger than that Kiwi team. I think about 15 or so should be back next year. Jacob Umaga, for example, who was getting some stick earlier in this thread has 2 more years at this level. For context a lot of the New Zealand team that have just won played last year and got dumped out of their group by Ireland finishing 5th overall. Aumua and Walker-Leawere, who have both been utterly dominant this year, were also-rans last time round. A year at this age is huge for development.

Technically Umaga has 1 year I believe,

Latest posts