• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Worst injury I've ever heard of....

• Thread starter edinburgh_gunner
  • Start date
Worst i ever saw was a broken leg, not very exciting....but i dont think id really like to see some of those injuries you guys described i wouldnt wanna take any big hits for a while.

My dad played in a game where after a nasty scrum collapse, the hooker had dislocated both his shoulders and broken his neck. Was in hospital for a week and unfortunately died. it was a schools game too, they were only 15..

That is tragic but I have to declare you the winner of worst injury known. Death, well done :bana: :bana:

A guy ruptured his spleen after being knee`d in the back in a match I played in years ago and almost died. Also does anyone remember the old american football program on channel 4 used to show some poor bloke having his leg snapped during the intro, that always made me wince. [/b]

I'm going to assume it's the Lawrence Taylor hit on Joe Theisman. It ended the mans career, and he's since blossomed into the worst commentator on TV. He's just arrogant and spiteful that he got fired. Thank god.

<div class='quotemain'> A guy ruptured his spleen after being knee`d in the back in a match I played in years ago and almost died. Also does anyone remember the old american football program on channel 4 used to show some poor bloke having his leg snapped during the intro, that always made me wince. [/b]

I'm going to assume it's the Lawrence Taylor hit on Joe Theisman. It ended the mans career, and he's since blossomed into the worst commentator on TV. He's just arrogant and spiteful that he got fired. Thank god.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for that one! Didnt Theisman play for the Redskins. Also do you know what damage was done? I always thought it was strange to show such a horrific injury to start a sports show.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> A guy ruptured his spleen after being knee`d in the back in a match I played in years ago and almost died. Also does anyone remember the old american football program on channel 4 used to show some poor bloke having his leg snapped during the intro, that always made me wince. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Thanks for that one! Didnt Theisman play for the Redskins. Also do you know what damage was done? I always thought it was strange to show such a horrific injury to start a sports show. [/b][/quote]

Yeah he won a superbowl with the Redskins and a Grey Cup with the Argonaughts of the CFL. He just broke his leg in 3 or 4 places I believe. I've never seen the show so I can't comment, but that is just one of the most infamous injuries in NFL history.

Running down the wing to score in one of my Daventry All Blacks matches, and next thing i know smash. I collided with a girl from the opposition.

She shattered all the bones in her knee, and calf. Dislocated her ankle. And shattered her pelvis. I felt so guilty.

paul deacon (in rugby league) getting smashed up by nigel vagana
about 8 fractures in his whole body

worst i wasnt actually in rugby twas the adults 2nd team in hurling chap had his knee struck in mid jump nd landed akwardly pretty sure altoghter it was a dislocated kneecap, twisted knee,dropped foot, and some fairly serious cruciate ligament damage. that was a year and a half ago and the chap is still on crutches

<div class='quotemain'> Have you heard of Jean-François Phliponeau? [/b]
The fellow who got struck by lightening?
[/b][/quote]

Yes what can injury can be worst than the one that kills you?

Otherwise there's the Brito case if you remember the RWC 95.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Have you heard of Jean-François Phliponeau? [/b]
The fellow who got struck by lightening?
[/b][/quote]

Yes what can injury can be worst than the one that kills you?

Otherwise there's the Brito case if you remember the RWC 95.
[/b][/quote]
Max Brito who was part of the team from the Ivory Coast and whilst playing against Tonga in the pool stages, became the first ever person to be paralysed in a Test match, im presuming?

Instead of getting me to explain the injuries that you put a simple name to, how about you give us some info :p

Ok, so here's the story.

Last Monday night back trainign with u18 side having been playing with the senior XV for the past couple weeks. Doing 7s training so we're playing a game of 7s. I take a crash ball with a nice tasty angle and completley boomed one of our centres who was trying to tackle me. Off I go and score, then he doesn't get up and he's clutching his balls. Natrually, I thought I'd just caught him and he'd just caught a knee one in the sack and it was a bit sore. About half an hour later when the session ends he's still in a lot of pain and he's not got back up. So, he goes to the hospital after the session. Next day, the manager phones me up and says that Robbie, the guy who took a sore one, got rushed to the main hospital in Edinburgh. He had an emergency operation overnight to get one of his testicles removed from up near his kidney. Turns out that the force of the bosh and sent it back up there, and he had a ruptured kidney and internal bleeding and he's lost a third of one of his tecticles as a result....

This is definatley the worst injur i've heard of. Thankfully he's on the mend, and should be playing again in 8 weeks but still. It's a horrific injury, and I'm just amazed at how it happened and the fact that it did! It was a freak accident but I do feel bad for the guy, he's a mate after all.

Have any of you heard of horrific injuries like that happening?
[/b]

OUCH!!! dam that would suck

Latest posts