• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Xbox 360 or Wii

H

Hamster

Well I am definetly thinking of buying a new console. I've had my sights on a 360 for a while, but just lately the Wii looks bloody tempting. I've been hearing that this new Mario Kart game is bloody awesome and theres a few other good games as well.

I probably wont be getting a PS3, after getting a ps2 5 years ago (****** seeing how the xbox was way better) I just think 360 would be better cos all my mates and my brother have a 360 and live is meant to be the works.

what should i get

360 is the way to go, Wii is fun but in the end is more of a novelty console. As for ps3 v 360, I don't see how ps3 is worth the price tag over the 360, despite what the ps3 fanboys are sure to say after I post this. :p

As for ps3 v 360, I don't see how ps3 is worth the price tag over the 360, despite what the ps3 fanboys are sure to say after I post this. :p[/b]

Because they are both consoles that have similar qualities ( graphics - wise and a lot of games are on both platforms ) there are a couple of things you need to consider:

360: Mass effect; Alan Wake; Halo 3; Gears of War 2
PS 3: Final Fantasy XIII; Metal Gear Solid 4; Gran Turismo 5; Haze

Then PS3 has Blu - Ray which won the format war against HD DVD. Another thing to consider is that PSN is free, wheras the live service has a fee. So at the end of the day, the ***les are what makes the difference i think. Personally, Final Fantasy is the big one for me. It's just too brilliant to not have imo.

Now, where the Wii is concerned, here is the question you have to ask:

After a night of partying, you wake up, eat, and are just too darn screwed to do anything, so why not fester on the couch with some great gaming. Do you:

A: Rally feel like putting on a couple of games made for 7 year olds, and stand in front of the TV with no energy, and no motivation to look like an idiot by "virtually" swinging your arms around like a masturbating wallrus or;

B: Lay on that comfy couch, put on a serious game (made for gamers, and not babies) and still manage to get a smile out of your droopy hungover face....

So, if you want a serious gaming system to actually play GAMES on, get the 360 (seeing as you dont want a PS3). If you feel like swinging your arms around at graphically challenged baby characters, get a Wii.

there can be arguements either way really. I would not recommend a wii unless you have heaps of friends with one. the game lineup while improving is still fairly crap especially for online games. now would be the time to get one though wiifit mario galaxy mario kart and soon brawl(for us in pal land) all top quality games.

360 is the proven the performer and has a huge library of games and live is very good but something you have to pay for. also the 360 does have a fairly well documented failure rate which just cannot be ignored when purchasing one.

ps3 is definitely picking up steam. built-in blu-ray drive defintiely a bonus and free online play. the games library is not as big as the 360 but it is picking up and in the near future will get more exclusives like haze.

really you can't go wrong with any of them really but since you mentioned most of your friends have 360's I would get one since playing with friends is always better. also it helps with things like trading games or borrowing a controller if you had too or even playing on their console when yours gets the rrod.

Saints Row 2 comes out later this year as well for the 360, basically GTA but with more variability in gameplay and gang related.....

I think the 360 problems have been ironed out in the new consoles....

Plus much easier to do various dodgy things for the 360, but I wouldn't know anythign about that. :rolleyes:

I'd get a 360 if I were you because it has a larger (and far superior) library to the Wii. If only mine didn't break. :mellow: I was so looking forward to Banjo 3! :(

Latest posts