• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your dream team.

M

Mr. Laxative

In squad management u can select a team. Tell me what team u edit and which players u use inluding their country and club if any. I will tell u tomorrow probly cos i gotta go think about it. 'Member u can use created players in your team.

do you work as those guys who go around surveying ppl?

your a good surveyer
<

lol

U know i could look into that as a career. BTW who here watches the memphis trouers half hour with roy and hg. Only in US and Oz.

Originally posted by Jacko@Apr 12 2005, 11:37 PM
In squad management u can select a team. Tell me what team u edit and which players u use inluding their country and club if any. I will tell u tomorrow probly cos i gotta go think about it. 'Member u can use created players in your team.
ok slow down....

what are you talking about?

there is no create a team is there?

No, but u can put any players in a club team and replace the former players in that team. e.g. u could hav your best 30 players in the game in the Blues, Wasps, Calvisano etc. squad.

yeh but it sucks that you cant put international players like Jason Robinson and Caucau in ur club team since they dont play for any clubs in the game

Let's be honest, the game is a joke. EA's incompetence and lack of knowledge is bad enough, look at the stats! They could have at least given us full editing functions like in Pro Evolution Soccer for example to correct their bloody mistakes!

Originally posted by wr50l@Apr 14 2005, 07:57 PM
Let's be honest, the game is a joke. EA's incompetence and lack of knowledge is bad enough, look at the stats! They could have at least given us full editing functions like in Pro Evolution Soccer for example to correct their bloody mistakes!
That's kinda harsh. I mean it was their first go at it. 90% of sports game don't let you change the stats of players. I mean is it just me or is this game really fun to play? It's all well and good to criticize and yes the game isn't perfect but it is by far the best rugby game to date and a great platform from which to improve in the upcoming years.

First go was it? Not remember last year's version then?

Yes it's the best rugby game about but it's hardly a great game. Like FIFA, it is littered with bugs, and bad graphics, and ousts opponents simply because of it's ad campaigns and gimmicks.

Originally posted by wr50l@Apr 14 2005, 09:18 PM
First go was it? Not remember last year's version then?

Yes it's the best rugby game about but it's hardly a great game. Like FIFA, it is littered with bugs, and bad graphics, and ousts opponents simply because of it's ad campaigns and gimmicks.
The lads who produced this, the same guys that did Fifa are doing a rugby game for the first time. Just cause EA release it doesn't mean they make it.

I'm pretty sure the production company is based out of Montreal.

Because the game is nothing like last year's mess I do consider this to be a first effot. They'll only get better so next year's game should be something to look forward to. In the meantime I standby my assertion that this game is great to play and an all around good sports ***le.

Originally posted by abes58+Apr 15 2005, 02:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (abes58 @ Apr 15 2005, 02:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wr50l
@Apr 14 2005, 09:18 PM
First go was it?  Not remember last year's version then?

Yes it's the best rugby game about but it's hardly a great game.  Like FIFA, it is littered with bugs, and bad graphics, and ousts opponents simply because of it's ad campaigns and gimmicks.
The lads who produced this, the same guys that did Fifa are doing a rugby game for the first time. Just cause EA release it doesn't mean they make it.

I'm pretty sure the production company is based out of Montreal.

Because the game is nothing like last year's mess I do consider this to be a first effot. They'll only get better so next year's game should be something to look forward to. In the meantime I standby my assertion that this game is great to play and an all around good sports ***le. [/b]
Hear! hear!

I agree.

Got sick of 95% of games a lot quicker...

game gets better as you do....then you squad manage any weaknesses in super 12 teams that are good etc and the challenge remains....(on hard)....have to able to call all defense and attack plays....to be able to use r3 button on attack and efense...have to learn to rake off 50 metres even with bad kickers (65 stats etc still kick 50 metres and beat fb on bounce etc) if can learn properly what to do and study/experiment with the game.

multiplayer very intense and random and awesome as well - have started having games against brother - wicked games!

28-26 scorelines etc......

I give the game:

84% - which is a good score....being home teams in Lions tours alone would have been easy to do and would have given it 88% for sure.....need pop balls to get 90+ - even if good centres like BOD can do simultaneous semi-pop balls......

<

game gets better as you do....then you squad manage any weaknesses in super 12 teams that are good etc and the challenge remains....(on hard)....have to able to call all defense and attack plays....to be able to use r3 button on attack and efense...have to learn to rake off 50 metres even with bad kickers (65 stats etc still kick 50 metres and beat fb on bounce etc) if can learn properly what to do and study/experiment with the game.

]
<
wow, how do u kick 50m+ with crap kickers? do u kick away from the fullback and bounce 50m or over the fullback?

Originally posted by Padz@Apr 14 2005, 10:45 PM
yeh but it sucks that you cant put international players like Jason Robinson and Caucau in ur club team since they dont play for any clubs in the game
um yes you can. just choose to replace one of your team members for caucau etc

and as for this game being better, hell yeah.
i traded R***Y 2**4 in three days after i bought it, the randomness of the turnovers just killed it for me.
sure this years game has that same thing sometimes but its nowhere near as bad.
only thing i have trouble with is normal is too easy and hard is a little too hard and unforgiving.

for me if on normal the ai played a little smarter then the games would be a lot more fun, for me the turnover rate on normal its just right(dunno how everyone else finds it)
if i'm isolated i turn it over, if i have a full pack near me i keep it usually. on hard it just turns over every second ruck pretty much no matter where your support players are or how much momentum you have.

but thats just me but it must be a little fun because ive had it since release and play it everyday

Originally posted by Padz@Apr 14 2005, 09:45 PM
You can i use these players in my brumbies team.

Originally posted by Jacko+Apr 15 2005, 06:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Apr 15 2005, 06:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Padz
@Apr 14 2005, 09:45 PM
You can i use these players in my brumbies team. [/b]
you guys arent talking about world league are ya?

The point is, they're going to use this current outline as the basic starting point for Rugby 2006, or whatever it's called. So in that way, it is the first attempt as Rugby 2004 was never going to be used to model Rugby 2005 on. They have a worthwhile game out now, and all they need to do for next year is to iron out the mistakes, and listen to what the fans want.

It's great to hear positive feedback about this game!!! A tendency develops to be overly critical while failing to praise the game. Good on everyone for their positive feedback regarding this game.

If you and your mates can't have fun playing this with a couple of brews you must not like rugby and/or video games.

I love the game, as you'll be able to see from my long winded World League report in one of the other threads ( first of many!) It's just great to have a rugby game that's really playable. Any comments I make that seem like criticism are meant in every way to be constructive, so that when the next game comes around it'll be even better, which is the whole point of bringing around a new game isn't it? This game on its own is a real success and one that I'll hopefully be playing for a long time. One real huge boost for the next game would be online play, as then we would be able to see all the 'keyboard warriors' ( come on there must be some!!!!!) come out and do their talking on the pitch.

Long live rugby 05!

]
<
wow, how do u kick 50m+ with crap kickers? do u kick away from the fullback and bounce 50m or over the fullback?
with bad kickers must bounce past - but can do consistently on side view....trick is to aim player first and also to go almost directly down on analogue stick almost till the last second - too long and you will find touch, which is not necessarily a bad result.

I have hit their 22 from inside my in-goal once - but was laughably flukey!!

I like the kicking...

TIP - a strong grubber from a decent winger who can chase it through can net you 40-50 metres plus if you chase hard and make the tackle - good for field position and can produce turnovers.....

also - why? oh why? do people by forwards first....!!? Must be a NH thing.......just get good backs and you can win with not a foreard to speak of.

<
<

Depends what strategy you play under.

If you want to concentrate on a kicking game all you really need is a good stand off and a solid 2nd row (I prefer Chris Jack) who can steal a lot of line outs.

Then all you need is kick inside 22... steal lineout... get them to collapse maul... kick to 5... another collapse and penalty try.

I find this boring. I like throwing it around the backs. Get some solid backs like CauCau, Howlett, BoD, etc and go for the glory.

But to each their own.

Latest posts