• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your England Team v Samoa?!

Do you think the one against SA was Robinson´s last game? Its amazing, but if It was, I think but he managed to give a great attitude/courage image even though England played a real poor game. I wish he could recover from his injury and play at least one more game in this RWC! [/b]

He is an excellent player and a complete proffesional. Simple. hope he recovers.

The back row selections for england defy belief. England's problem against South Africa: lack of quick ball caused by slow forwards. Solution: Bring in more slow forwards.

Seriously, what is Ashton thinking? It's as if the guy wants England to lose. [/b]

He must be wanting stronger tacklers and more mauls. I think that's the wrong approach but who knows.

The backrow still looks WAY to slow. Wilkinson, Barkly, Tait looks a little more threatening midfield. But if England plan to progress through the tounament they'll need to beat Australia. The only way they have chance is if Jonny kicks well and they suffocate Australia by dominating field position, set pieces and kicking points. Basically playing old school ten man England rugby.

1) Brian Ashton

2) Clive Woodward

3) ndy Robinson

Just put them on the field to get bashed around. They deserve it.

Manu team for poms

1.Tani Fuga 2.Fosi Pala'amo 3.Census Jonstone 4.Kane Thompson 5.Daniel Leo 6.Joe Tekori 7.Sititi 8.Henry Tuilagi

9.Junior Polu 10.Eliot Fuimaono Sapolu 11.Alesana Tuilagi 12.Mapusua 13.Brian Lima 14.David Lemi 15.Lolo Lui

16.Alfie Vaeluaga 17.Justin Purdie 18.Steve So'oialo 19.Elvis Seveali'i 20.Lome Fa'atau 21.Jerry Meafou 22.Leo Lafaiali'i

Apart from the positions i can't see anyone else that's in better form to beat England bar injuries. A lot of injuries(8) have hit Samoa and this team should be able to make something out of it.

Go Blue Go Manu Go Samoa

Now that Wilkinskin and Barkley are back this will make a victory even more tantilising but the odds of this happening are dwindling, Samoa on their day can do something big .. I know it.

better form? didnt you concede more than 50 against SA and then lose to Tonga?

Good to see Mapusua back to 12 where he is really at his best and with Lima outside, should be interesting.

Is Schwalger injured??? and good to see Lolo Lui get a start.

Well, hopefully someone will kill that horrible little c***, Daniel Leo. This may be the only time I wish Grewcock was available to go against him in the Boiler room.

In other news, it's good to see the Samoan backline is just as old and decrepid as our own.

England team to face Samoa:
Lewsey; Sackey, Tait, Barkley, Cueto; Wilkinson, Gomarsall;
Sheridan, Chuter, Stevens, Shaw, Kay, Corry (capt), Worsley, Easter.

Replacements: Regan, Freshwater, Borthwick, Moody, Richards, Farrell, Hipkiss.

Ok, so there's the actual team, thoughts?
[/b]

Perfect team accept for Corry must not be there and Robinson must be there at 14 but he is injured.

Good to see Mapusua back to 12 where he is really at his best and with Lima outside, should be interesting.

Is Schwalger injured??? and good to see Lolo Lui get a start.

[/b]

Sorry Fijian I shouldve stated this is "my team"

Schwalger is injured so is the replacement hooker which is another huge blow, coupled with Gavin Williams who is injured .. we will see a whole new Samoa combination, i have my doubts but i also have hope.

Updated Selection of My Manu

1.Fuga 2.Silao 3.Jonstone 4.Kane 5.Leo 6.Tekori 7.Sititi 8.Henry 9.Polu 10.Lolo Lui 11.Alesana 12.Mapusua 13.Fuimaono 14.Fa'atau 15.Lemi

Replacements

Lima, Pala'amo, Vaeluaga, Ulia, So'oialo, Tagicakibau, Chricton

Tomorrow the squad is announced, i can't see a different team front up after all the injuries this is basically the only team we have left.

i put $10 on this game for our work betting sindicate. its paying $5 for a samoa win!!!

5 f***ing dollars for a head to head samoa win. thats really unfair on samoa. i would think at most $3. england have been playing like utter dribble and samoa (and tonga) have a very good chance of winning.

well judging on form..we are 7 points better then england who looked like a bunch of down syndrome kids playing rugby!

here here! samoa!!!...cheeehooooooo..if we dont win then im hoping to see lima go out with a bang and knock wilkinson the f*** out...(and please dont injure ya self lima!!!)

well judging on form..we are 7 points better then england who looked like a bunch of down syndrome kids playing rugby!

here here! samoa!!!...cheeehooooooo..if we dont win then im hoping to see lima go out with a bang and knock wilkinson the f*** out...(and please dont injure ya self lima!!!)

[/b]

I have faith in our broz that they will come out all fired up, no doubt, after their loss to Tonga. But their fitness is one thing that's holding them back...too much taro aye :D ...but yeah would love to see Lima deliver those big hits once again.

yup thats one thing..fitness and intensity for the full 80..

if we are going in full steam ahead then theres a chance of us taking alot out of the english early...which would force them to make substitutes late in the game..which could work in our favour

anywho..go samoa! and our other samoan team...the allblacks!!! cheehoo lol

Samoa team:

1 Kas Lealamanua
2 Mahonri Schwalger
3 Census Johnston
4 Joe Tekori
5 Kane Thompson
6 Daniel Leo
7 Semo Sititi ©
8 Henry Tuilagi
9 Junior Polu
10 Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu
11 Alesana Tuilagi
12 Brian Lima
13 Seilala Mapusua
14 David Lemi
15 Loki Crichton

Replacements:

16 Tanielu Fuga
17 Fosi Palaamo
18 Justin Purdie
19 Alfie Vaeluaga
20 Steve So'oialo
21 Jerry Meafou
22 Lolo Lui

I'm expecting a lot of kicking from both sides especially from England. They will target the Manu's back three and give them a horrid time like what South Africa did in the second half.

Samoa team:
I'm expecting a lot of kicking from both sides especially from England. They will target the Manu's back three and give them a horrid time like what South Africa did in the second half. [/b]

Not expecting much kicking from the Samoa team only from deep in their own 22. Samoa's gameplan will be similar to the one they used against SAF, run the ball at every chance. TBH our backrow in Fuimaono Lima and Mapusua looks like it can do some serious damage, if they can link up with David Lemi and he gets a clear path no one will catch him. As for Alesana, he will do his usual and gain a good 10+ metres on each run and if he is left into space with a weak defender up against him, he should bowl them over and get close to the line.

I have no doubts that Samoa's backline can break England's defense rapidly, my only worries lie in the forwards during scrum and ruck time. Nevertheless Junior Polu will be feeding the ball from the pack and he does it very fast, something that So'oialo should take note of.

Im expecting Henry Tuilagi to really smash into their midfielders.

Samoa's Keyplayer for tonight:

Defense: Brian Lima, Mapusua, Fuimaono

Attack: Lemi Alesana Mapusua

I LOVE YOU SAMOA

How many minutes will Wilkenson last this time before he goes off injured?

I mean he's really a OGW (One game wonder) since the 2003 Final he hasn't done jack and become yet another injury prone player almost like Larkham really.

How many minutes will Wilkenson last this time before he goes off injured?[/b]

He didn't.

I mean he's really a OGW (One game wonder)[/b]

He has just had the same game over and over has he?

Since the 2003 Final he hasn't done jack and become yet another injury prone player almost like Larkham really.
[/b]

<div class='quotemain'>
How many minutes will Wilkenson last this time before he goes off injured?[/b]

He didn't.

Well that's a damn surprise.

I mean he's really a OGW (One game wonder)[/b]

Well I wouldn't expect you to know what it meant with your England bias. It means that that has been the only good game he's had every other time he's comeback he's got injured.

Since the 2003 Final he hasn't done jack and become yet another injury prone player almost like Larkham really.
[/b]

.. [/b][/quote]

We have our own injury prone player in Keith Robinson why the hell they even took him over I don't know.

How many minutes will Wilkenson last this time before he goes off injured?

He didn't.

I mean he's really a OGW (One game wonder)

[/quote

Wilkinson did a quite good match, despite his missed kicks. I hope he'll will not be injured again, he does not deserve it...