• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Favourite Rugby Game

So what is your favourite rugby game on the market?

• Jonah Lomu Rugby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby 2001

• Rugby 2004

• Rugby 2005

• World Championship Rugby

• Rugby League 1

• Rugby League 2

• Other

• Total voters
Are the people who made the original John Lomu still around, or have they all gone to different companies?

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 26 2005, 10:29 AM
Are the people who made the original John Lomu still around, or have they all gone to different companies?
Think some of the swordfish guys were involved weren't they? I could be wrong but think it's pretty much the same team... all the advertising for WCR said 'from the makers of Jonah Lomu Rugby'

Originally posted by jimmy44@Dec 23 2005, 08:34 PM
I don't think any of those listed where the best - my favorite rugby game of all time was EA Sport Rugby World Cup on the SEGA MEGA drive. I was pretty youing when I played it but I remember playing it to death.
Well there is an 'other' option.

what a stupid thread

just erase all those other games and rename this the jonah lomu thread..i demand you do that and turn this thread into the jonah shrine

all those other games are pathetic they lack balls like buck shelford...

jonah had corny graphics..but the game was smoove azz...the almost limitless options on the field of how to play was genius...

all the other games suk

Originally posted by Wally@Dec 26 2005, 10:29 AM
<

Wally where have you ben the last year
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Dec 26 2005, 05:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Dec 26 2005, 05:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Dec 26 2005, 10:29 AM
<

<
[/b]
He's in Qld... It's like living uder a rock only there's sunshine.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 26 2005, 04:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 26 2005, 04:55 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Dec 26 2005, 05:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

<

<
He's in Qld... It's like living uder a rock only there's sunshine. [/b]
LMAO! AHAAHHAH

THATS COLD
<
<

Originally posted by Jacko+Dec 26 2005, 10:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jacko @ Dec 26 2005, 10:52 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Dec 23 2005, 08:34 PM
I don't think any of those listed where the best - my favorite rugby game of all time was EA Sport Rugby World Cup on the SEGA MEGA drive. I was pretty youing when I played it but I remember playing it to death.
Well there is an 'other' option. [/b]
exactly thats my point - it shouldn't really be classified as 'other'. One of the best rugby games out there.

has to be five nations rugby or world cup rugby (can't remember its name) for the amiga

played that into the ground, literally went through a couple of joysticks

good camera angles,
backline setmoves that truly allowed you to open up the defence
number 8 pickups that worked very well
passing out of the tackle which tore open the defence if you timed it correctly
dummies which flummoxed the opposition
fights!
the ability to pick great running angles and turn the opposition inside by shifting the angle of run ever so slightly, no need for crap ea/sideh side step animation that doesn't even work

ea2001came close but no passing out of the tackle and setmoves were dodgy
jlr also came close but you can't really get much of a running game going on in the backline

amiga rugby it is!

Originally posted by jimmy44+Dec 30 2005, 04:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Dec 30 2005, 04:59 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Jacko@Dec 26 2005, 10:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Dec 23 2005, 08:34 PM

Well there is an 'other' option.
exactly thats my point - it shouldn't really be classified as 'other'. One of the best rugby games out there. [/b]
True true....

What that game gave us excitement wise was more than what a lot of ***les have since.......

.....so the players did not look like the AB's or whatever......but it gave our imagination a lot to imagine and thus we had great games on it.....because there were no other ***les out there at that time.....

.....all this came to an abrupt end with the playstation and JLR.....

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 26 2005, 06:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 26 2005, 06:55 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Dec 26 2005, 05:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

<

<
He's in Qld... It's like living uder a rock only there's sunshine. [/b]
<
<
<

Despite its short comings, I have to go with RL2, as the franchise mode is offering me long term gameplay. Otherwise jonahs, but i never play it coz of the lack of attacking ability up the middle of the field, i always felt this was its one true flaw. In Jonahs you could just about never break it through the middle (unless with jonah himself) and then draw and pass around the full back for a try.

Latest posts