• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Our new game is coming soon:- "Rugby Champions"

Please do check out this review of "Rugby Champions "!

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Rugby Champions has now been updated so that the AI v AI quick sims produce more realistic results. This means you can expect much tougher games in the playoffs in general, because poorer teams are less likely to qualify.

It still remains possible for poorer teams to win, but just less likely.

So in theory, the All Blacks could get knocked out in the quarter finals, the Springboks could lose to Japan, and England could fail to make it out of their pool.

Of course none of those things would ever happen in real life ;)

Just had to put the springboks losing to Japan in there hey !!!! Evil person !! XD

Rugby Champions has now been updated so that the AI v AI quick sims produce more realistic results. This means you can expect much tougher games in the playoffs in general, because poorer teams are less likely to qualify.

It still remains possible for poorer teams to win, but just less likely.

So in theory, the All Blacks could get knocked out in the quarter finals, the Springboks could lose to Japan, and England could fail to make it out of their pool.

Of course none of those things would ever happen in real life ;)

Gaming seems to be booming here in Cape Town. Do market it here if you can. I reckon you will be amazed by the potential market for a rugby game in South Africa. I have not yet bought the game. Off to Kruger on Friday so will do so when I return.

Gaming seems to be booming here in Cape Town. Do market it here if you can. I reckon you will be amazed by the potential market for a rugby game in South Africa. I have not yet bought the game. Off to Kruger on Friday so will do so when I return.
Thanks. It also helps that SA public are very knowledgeable when it comes to rugby, also the game is great value for money and I know you guys in SA get a rough deal on exchange rate.

Out of interest how important is having Afrikaans translation?

Thanks. It also helps that SA public are very knowledgeable when it comes to rugby, also the game is great value for money and I know you guys in SA get a rough deal on exchange rate.

Any game in Afrikaans would be just weird for me haha I prefer my games in English and my first language is Afrikaans XD

Just to let you know we plan to update Rugby Champions in October with the following competition additions,

1996 Super Rugby format
2019 Super Rugby format

We plan to add others in the future, but these will be the initial additions. Thanks for all your suggestions and support so far.

Just to let you know we plan to update Rugby Champions in October with the following competition additions,

1996 Super Rugby format
2019 Super Rugby format

We plan to add others in the future, but these will be the initial additions. Thanks for all your suggestions and support so far.

Great news! Fingers crossed for early October.

1996 Super Rugby format
2019 Super Rugby format

Awesome !! can't wait , squad size ? or have you not thought about that yet ? on another note, tackling in game, how does the game decide when a player is taken to ground straight away ? I see that most players are "held up" I just wonder how it would be if all players were taken down straight away each time, just my little experiment.

Yeah a game in Afrikaans would be weird and is not necessary as 99% people are Bilingual in SA.

If you want to cater for South Africans then Super Rugby and Currie Cup is a must, but other than that we enjoy the normal tournaments that is found in most games.

Awesome !! can't wait , squad size ? or have you not thought about that yet ? on another note, tackling in game, how does the game decide when a player is taken to ground straight away ? I see that most players are "held up" I just wonder how it would be if all players were taken down straight away each time, just my little experiment.
The squad sizes will be the same as they were in real life.

The amount of time a player stays up in the tackle is mostly determined by his strength (strong big players more likely to stay up and drive, but can still be taken straight to ground, it's just less likely). You can take players straight to ground using the active tackle button, but it is more of a risk as these tackles are easier to miss.

Are you talking about making players go straight to ground all the time over the try line?

No just in general most tackles it just feels in my games that most of the time they stay up I would prefer them rather going down most of the time

The squad sizes will be the same as they were in real life.

The amount of time a player stays up in the tackle is mostly determined by his strength (strong big players more likely to stay up and drive, but can still be taken straight to ground, it's just less likely). You can take players straight to ground using the active tackle button, but it is more of a risk as these tackles are easier to miss.

Are you talking about making players go straight to ground all the time over the try line?

Maybe add wind to the game ? ... kicking is a bit easy

And for anyone interested I've uploaded a database with 2nd tier nations stats adjusted. Suggestions are welcome on what the stats must be.

Moderators can we please get a stickied thread for the game such as with rugby challenge series etc.

How difficult is it to implement a line depth option? Either flat, deep, medium?
Not that difficult as this is already in the game, just not accessible in the UI in any way at the moment so teams just use default settings. I assume you are wanting to set this at the ruck during the game through the controller?

Not that difficult as this is already in the game, just not accessible in the UI in any way at the moment so teams just use default settings. I assume you are wanting to set this at the ruck during the game through the controller?
Yes, that's the idea to have the width and depth set at ruck through the controller. DPAD.

It would be nice if the "management' aspect, maybe next to the squad tab, had a strategy section where you can configure the defaults for your team. Pods, line depth and width on certain aspects of the field.

Latest posts