- Apr 25, 2016
- Reaction score
- Country Flag
- Club or Nation
Thanks guys, will check it out!!! when can we expect Rugby Champions 2Rugby Champions has been updated.
This update focuses on gameplay and features the following,
- New offload animations which allow for more rapid and realistic offloading. This includes blocking of offloads on angles where a defender in the tackle is preventing this.
- New mauls which combined with the new offloads allow for more dynamic phase play. Press ‘B’ on attack to improve your chances of holding up the tackle and forming a maul. This also improves your chances of being able to offload and also opens up the possibility of popping the ball the halfback (press ‘X’)
- Kick pressure and charge downs. Approaching the kicker on the angle at which he is trying to kick now places pressure on him which can result in a charge down or him having to alter the trajectory of his kick and potentially losing distance on the kick. When attacking take care to place your own kicks away from pressuring defenders to avoid charge downs.
- New tackle animations and less players committed to the tackle area.
- New break tackle animations and break tackle system which allows you to pre-program break tackles before contact. This makes the game very much more combative like real rugby where every tackle is a battle. Be sure to try and break tackles when going into most contact situations. The AI will do this and it makes them lethal from close range, so be careful turning the ball over in your own end.
- Expect to get busted of more often when trying to make a tackle. You can improve your chances by diving into the tackler rather than just running into him, but at the risk of messing up the timing leading to a potential break.
- Improved support play at rucks which allows you to hold onto the ball for long periods. But beware, the AI can do the same.
- Lineout mini game featuring a timing meter. Lock the meter with ‘Y’ to pass the ball off the top of the lineout, or with ‘B’ to hold it in and drive. The more you middle the meter the better your chances of winning the lineout.
- Scrum mini game featuring a timing meter. Press ‘Y’ and try and lock the meter in the middle to improve your chances of a powerful drive.
- New No. 8 runs from the scrum. Press ‘B’ to initiate these once the ball is won and be sure to hold the direction you want to run before the No. 8 picks up the ball.
- Driving in a tackle on defence now requires that you have a player in the tackle
- The AI will now sometimes bail out of kicks if there is too much pressure and look to launch an attack instead.
- There are now less intercepts. If players are unsure of the intercept they will instead look to rush up and put in a strong tackle.
- In game statistics are now viewable at any time during the match.
As always, don’t forget to sprint when you need to (hold ‘A’) and add a player or two to the ruck (tap ‘Y’)
Thanks for your support, and we look forward to hearing you feedback and ideas for improvement. Future updates of Rugby Champions will look to incorporate your feedback to get the gameplay base as good as it can be. Other features like new competitions, game modes, and improved graphics will be reserved for Rugby Champions 2