• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Champions: PC / Steam - 2023 Rosters

ama1

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
Rugby fans, I have created new rosters & competition modes for this game.

2023 Rugby World Cup
2023 Tier 1 International Championship
2023-24 European Champions Cup
2023-24 Top 14
2023-24 English Premiership
2023-24 United Rugby Championship
2023 Six Nations
2023 Super Rugby
2023 The Rugby Championship
2023-24 World League (Top clubs from NH & SH in one tournament)
2023 Tier 2 International Championship
2023 Bunnings NPC

2021 Japan Rugby League One
2021 Major League Rugby (USA)
2021 British & Irish Lions Tour of SA, NZ & AUS

To use this mod, unzip the file to your rugby champions 'initgames' folder.
Usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby Champions\custdata\initgames

Download here

Attachments

• Rugby Champions 2023 Roster Mods.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 23
I have tweaked the rosters a bit to try and get the team ratings a bit. Hopefully a bit more realistic now. The AI's turnover rate is still a tad overpowered.

Attachments

11.3 MB · Views: 24
I have tweaked the rosters a bit to try and get the team ratings a bit. Hopefully a bit more realistic now. The AI's turnover rate is still a tad overpowered.

Hi mate: Any game started in the World Cup mode (didn't try other competitions yet) makes the game save as New Zealand by default.
Even if you start with a different team. I mean I have massive respect for the AB but I'd like to continue the competition as the team I started with : )

Do you think it's you DB file or something wrong in the tournament file or so?

Thanks

I found the problem. Under 'coaches', isusercoach was set to 1 for NZ. I have changed this back to 0 and added a few custom competitions (Top 14 and RWC formats with AI generated names)

Attachments

12.9 MB · Views: 61
I found the problem. Under 'coaches', isusercoach was set to 1 for NZ. I have changed this back to 0 and added a few custom competitions (Top 14 and RWC formats with AI generated names)
It's fixed indeed. Thank you. This game is so cool, it's great to keep it updated a bit. Happy to help by the way

I'm having a great time with your edits, your new ratings work quite well actually!
I was wondering: the Top14 merges Top14+ProD2 mixing teams and calendars as one.
Is there a way according to you to split these 2 competitions in two folders so they're playable individually?

Bonjour AMA, le jeu est bloqué lorsque vous choisissez la Coupe des Champions d'Europe en indiquant "génération de parties bath/ulster environ 1 minutes restantes" et il ne progresse pas, voyez-vous ce qui ne va pas, MERCI ?

hey i cant download the rosters for some reason. also i had a problem with the super rugby roster. i played the whole season got to the quarter final. but i cant advance past the quarter finals because one team doesnt have a team to play and it wont sim to next round. im going to try another season with a different team and see if it does it again.

hey i cant download the rosters for some reason. also i had a problem with the super rugby roster. i played the whole season got to the quarter final. but i cant advance past the quarter finals because one team doesnt have a team to play and it wont sim to next round. im going to try another season with a different team and see if it does it again.
yep cant advance past quarters. due to one team not having a team to play so it cant sim past it

yep cant advance past quarters. due to one team not having a team to play so it cant sim past it
sorry to keep asking but can you have a look into this please. no rush but can you let me know when you can. thanks

Rugby fans, I have created new rosters & competition modes for this game.

2023 Rugby World Cup
2023 Tier 1 International Championship
2023-24 European Champions Cup
2023-24 Top 14
2023-24 English Premiership
2023-24 United Rugby Championship
2023 Six Nations
2023 Super Rugby
2023 The Rugby Championship
2023-24 World League (Top clubs from NH & SH in one tournament)
2023 Tier 2 International Championship
2023 Bunnings NPC

2021 Japan Rugby League One
2021 Major League Rugby (USA)
2021 British & Irish Lions Tour of SA, NZ & AUS

To use this mod, unzip the file to your rugby champions 'initgames' folder.
Usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rugby Champions\custdata\initgames

Download here
can u at least tell me how to change the team names and put in images so i can fix it my self.

Hey @ama1 great work with the mod. I've finally got around to playing this game and its good fun. I seem to have issues getting further than one game in most leagues though. Once i have to advance or sim it just doesn't go any further. Do i literally have to wait an age and eventually it will progress or is this some sort of bug? It happens with the main leagues. I'm currently playing the MLR because that seems to be one of the only ones which doesnt have this issue.

Hey @ama1 great work with the mod. I've finally got around to playing this game and its good fun. I seem to have issues getting further than one game in most leagues though. Once i have to advance or sim it just doesn't go any further. Do i literally have to wait an age and eventually it will progress or is this some sort of bug? It happens with the main leagues. I'm currently playing the MLR because that seems to be one of the only ones which doesnt have this issue.
it wont progress i had the same problem with the super rugby roster i cant sim past quarter finals. ive been asking this guy to fix it for a while but he is to lazy

I have updated and tested the rosters - simming through several games now.

I realised what was causing the crash - the match schedule wasn't correct.
I have re-uploaded with the changes made.

Apologies for the late reply....I realised I am now old and have been modding rugby games for 16 years. Oftentimes my wife, kids & busy job get in the way of my 'modding hobby'.

Enjoy..

Any further crashes let me know

can u at least tell me how to change the team names and put in images so i can fix it my self.
Hi mate, sorry for the late reply.
You will need 2 x apps to edit the roster

Download sqlite browser to open the GameDB file.

You will also need microsoft Excel to edit the .csv file

1.) Open the GameDB file with sqlite browser.

2.) Go to 'File', then 'Export' then 'Table as csv file'

3.) Save the .csv file to a folder

4.) Edit the .csv file in Excel. (names can't have characters such as ', however you can use the ` character)

5.) Once you have made the necessary changes, save the .csv and then reopen the GameDB file in sqlitebrowser.

6.) Go to 'File', then 'Import' then 'Table from .csv file

7.) 'Write Changes' to save the database

Things to note:

I just figured out that the competitions were not set up properly in my last uploads.

The Competition Structure can be edited in sqlitebrowser under the 'leaguedetails' table

As far as I know...(so far)

compstructure 4 is a league structure with QF's / SF's / Final Most Competitions

compstructure 5 is a promotion relegation structure with QF's / SF's / Final Pro D2

compstructure 6 is a 16 team / 4 Pools structure with QF's / SF's / Final RWC 1995

compstructure 9 is a 20 team / 4 Pools structure with QF's / SF's / Final RWC

compstructure 10 is a 15 team / 3 Pools structure with QF's / SF's / Final Super Rugby SANZAR

compstructure 11 is a 14 team / 2 Pools structure with QF's / SF's / Final Pro 14

it wont progress i had the same problem with the super rugby roster i cant sim past quarter finals. ive been asking this guy to fix it for a while but he is to lazy
I have fixed this now. The compstructure was changed to 4 and I managed to sim through to winning the competition.

Latest posts