• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Favourite View

Q

QKXV

I am sure there is quite a wide range of playing styles out there, and because it's only a game there is no defenite wrong or rights in how you win your games/tournaments etc. Because of this wide variety of styles I also believe there's no right or wrong view. I also find that changing the view brings different aspects to gameplay, difficulty etc, so if you've mastered the game you could always try another view

What I would like to find out is what your favourite view is and why is it? What's the pro's and con's of your favourite view(s) and what are the pro's and con's of your least favourite views, which tips are view specific?. Any suggestions for more views that can hopefully be added to 2006?

I play on side camera, though is it way to far away sometimes. Broadcast is good but its too close: A new idea for 2006 would be to create a camera angle that incorporate the best elements of the two.

I've always played on side, although I switch occasionally to Classic when I'm looking for a drop goal.

When I started I played classic 2. Probably because of my years of Madden, NHL etc which all use that view. However I found that sideview was much more realistic with better representation of pace. Kicking is a bit trickier but fine once you practice a bit.

Sideview takes it!

Originally posted by abes58@Apr 27 2005, 01:28 PM
When I started I played classic 2. Probably because of my years of Madden, NHL etc which all use that view. However I found that sideview was much more realistic with better representation of pace. Kicking is a bit trickier but fine once you practice a bit.

Sideview takes it!
Nice to see someone who played the other way realise this....
<

Not all people are afraid of a little evolution!!!

Thank God for that...lol!

Yes side view is only view.

Kicking once trained can be landed on a goddamn fifty cent coin - seriously. That is just not an excuse.

Contemponi - you are naughty!! Drop goals on up and down (as they can't miss) are just unrealistic in my books.
<

if side view gets too far away it is only at the extremities of the other touchline and there is a fairly good cure.....

a bigger telly...

I almost didn't post....I can imagine a lott of side viewers just shake their heads and skip on - It's honestly that obvious.

<
Lol! I knew this thread will elicit a response from you Los Lover and i am glad you did post, I have to admit that last night I started playing a lions tour in OZ on side view, this in itself was quite a feat for me as I have been playing on the classic type views since I can remember, I managed to scrape away with a victory of 14-12 over the Reds after trailing 12 -0 at half time. It was a nailbiting game that put the exitement right back in rugby 2005.
<
It's almost like bringing a different game home, I will defenitely begin to have multiple campaigns on the go with their own view. Might be a good idea for those who are bored with the gameplay to use a view they are not used to.

the good thing about different views is that it gives you a new challenge. on 2**4 i gave the fixed camera a go. it was still shite but at least it was fresh shite for a while

Originally posted by abes58@Apr 27 2005, 12:28 PM

Sideview takes it!
I have given side view a good go after playing classic and I have to stay it doesn't compare! Yes there are some elements in side view which are better than classic i.e faster pace. But the thing I really hate about it is the passing! It just feels so awkward and looks so unnatural and unrealistic. The fly half is standing about a mile behind the scrum half for a start, and when you pass it down the line the movement of the ball looks very strange. In a funny way it actually reminds me of the jerkyness and clipping we had to put up with in rugby 2004.

I'm not being biased here. I truelly gave it a really good go and have played many hours on side view to get used to it. I then went back to classic and I just think overall its a better view. It feels better, the perspective is more user friendly, you can see the gaps, you can judge kicks better, tackling is more intuative, the passing is clean and realistic etc etc.

Anyway we all have our opininos, and I'm not trying to preach to anyone as I do see merits in the side view, but on close analysis of both, classic wins hands down

Originally posted by abes58@Apr 27 2005, 12:28 PM

Sideview takes it!
my story too.

just suited my style of play.

Broadcast. Almost same as side cept its more zoomed in and it feels more like watching a game. The angle is so tiny that it hardly matters.

Latest posts