• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your having a f*cking laugh john

R

redunderthebed

I was watching fox sports news and John 'O Neill said the aim was to get all 4 Australian teams into the finals and have a all australian final. :lol: Now John after last years trainwreck of a season getting ONE team into the finals would be great and for queensland not to finish last would be good too.

I mean Ambition is great and i would love for that to happen as much as the next Aussie but lets be realistic and realise that kind of dominance is a helluva long way down the track.Hell Aussie teams winning it and making the finals on a regular basis would be a good place to start.

Discuss!

As much as I hate to say it, I'm predicting 2 NZ teams, 1 AUS and 1 SA team making it to the semis.

I'm hoping for 2 SA teams again, but what with everyone going up north I think things might get jolted again, NZ are probably going to be more competative this year then last (which is scaring me really, as they allmost had 3 teams in the semis last year).

Someone should buy a muzzle for the ****.

Nonetheless he's just trying to inject confidence into the Australian fanbase- sell tickets- make money - later spend it on league converts.

Someone should buy a muzzle for the ****.

Nonetheless he's just trying to inject confidence into the Australian fanbase- sell tickets- make money - later spend it on league converts. [/b]

You summed it up perfectly. :lol:

Lets just hope that O'Neill can do something with Aussie rugby. This year is the centenery of League and Iam sure that when their season gets started you wont be able to turn on a TV in NSW or Qld without being hit with an ad every 5 minutes! Also the A league soccer and the AFL are after the same market.

Rugby in Australia needs heroes not just players but winning teams. We need to improve our player base from the ground up and not just buy big name League players like the last lot! Sailor was a waste of money and a waste of space, Rogers went back to League because he didn't want to be an impact player, Tuqiri I don't think has been good enough over the past few seasons to keep his Wallaby jumper!

The Aussies have some good teams though, so it's not that far fetched, especially with the new rules.

However, the Crusaders, Bulls, Sharks, Blues, and the Hurricanes won't be rolling over easily.

Lets just hope that O'Neill can do something with Aussie rugby. This year is the centenery of League and Iam sure that when their season gets started you wont be able to turn on a TV in NSW or Qld without being hit with an ad every 5 minutes! Also the A league soccer and the AFL are after the same market.

Rugby in Australia needs heroes not just players but winning teams. We need to improve our player base from the ground up and not just buy big name League players like the last lot! Sailor was a waste of money and a waste of space, Rogers went back to League because he didn't want to be an impact player, Tuqiri I don't think has been good enough over the past few seasons to keep his Wallaby jumper! [/b]

You are quite right well put.

The Aussies have some good teams though, so it's not that far fetched, especially with the new rules.

However, the Crusaders, Bulls, Sharks, Blues, and the Hurricanes won't be rolling over easily. [/b]

New rules will be a slight advantage for a short period of time the other teams will pick it up easy.I think 1 or at best 2 teams in the s14 finals would be a great start and a sign of things to come.

I would argue that NOONE will be it has to be one of the most even s14 comps for a long time.

Latest posts