• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your most hated common internet user phrases

Like by being a 90s kid is considered an elite status these days...

Facebook is pretty bad with the self absorbed content. Why do people actually post their trivial crap on that site I'll never know.. I've seen people write out full on long birthday messages meant for their loved ones as their status. Or even just how much so and so loves and appreciates so and so. Just send it privately to them! Everything on Facebook feels like a cry for attention or approval and it's done so subtly, which is the most annoying part.

I've a chick on my Facebook who writes on her statuses about her day plan in a way that promotes it, like it's so kickass. And she'll use technical terms to show she knows her shiit, like some recipe with all these brand new things you never heard about before, like "ooh, she's so into organic, authentic foods".

I shouldn't be doing this, but wtfff it's too delicious not to share it. Lemme just clear that name out...ok good:

anna maria dog 1 anon.png

I'm not making fun of the fact she feels hurt and her dog's dead, but the way she's....she's....oh God, I need to punch something. Are you FKNG KIDDING ME that looks like a sermon for some brave soldier who passed.

News sites comment sections in general. Don't know why News organisations even bother having them. Once in a blue moon someone notices an error in the article which is useful and even rarer is a compelling respons to the article but 99.99% of the time they are absolute tripe to downright abusive.

Remember back in the 90s, where you got these emails containing the following:

"Please forward this to 10 people or you will not find true love later on in life" or something similar... ;)

YouTube was responsible for bringing those back a few years back. Things are cyclical!

I'm not making fun of the fact she feels hurt and her dog's dead, but the way she's....she's....oh God, I need to punch something. Are you FKNG KIDDING ME that looks like a sermon for some brave soldier who passed.

It sounds like she has had a conveyor belt of now dead dogs.

If we're *****ing about Facebook then I need to unload. Firstly, since when did it basically become 4Chan? Like I check out my wall and there are 10,000 meme related videos that start when I don't ask them to.

Secondly the criteria people like **** with. Cat falls down a slide: 1 trillion likes. A guy on my wall posted something along the lines of "thanks for all the well wishes, father out of hospital now and starting to make a recovery" - a nice general message thanking people who wished his family well while his father was going through a stoke. What cheapened it perhaps a bit, is the 50 odd likes that message got - paled in comparison to the 150 odd likes the next story on my page gets of "some hot chick changed her profile picture". It's like yay, she takes another selfie, this time in Sepia tone filter, and boom - what an amazing human being. 20 odd posts of 'that's beautiful hun xoxox'.

Then there are people who post what ever they happened to be doing. Like an idiot with no human filter. "Am hungry - should eat sandwich". GO EAT THE F*CKING THING THEN, WHY DO I WANT TO KNOW? My favorite ones of these, as anyone in Wellington will know, is when there is one of a fairly regular earthquake. People rush to facebook to post "did anyone else feel that?!" Yes, it's an earthquake. Yet my page gets littered with that ****, often while the earthquake is ongoing. I like to occasionally see statuses like "trapped under computer desk, need help" just to feel there is justice.

Then there is my absolute least favorite thing that you touched on Ewis. The self-important pretentious status, designed to project oneself as clever and deep. I have a dude who is does classical studies at university. He just got his honors degree...but the whole world must know he is passionate about classics. He needs to apply it to everyday life through long winded, self-congratulating posts.

Last edited:
I've a chick on my Facebook who writes on her statuses about her day plan in a way that promotes it, like it's so kickass. And she'll use technical terms to show she knows her shiit, like some recipe with all these brand new things you never heard about before, like "ooh, she's so into organic, authentic foods".

I shouldn't be doing this, but wtfff it's too delicious not to share it. Lemme just clear that name out...ok good:

View attachment 3514

RIP Snowball #blessed #loved.. Yeah I don't get it. There's a guy on mine who thinks he's doing every one a favour by posting music videos. Not just one or two. A whole playlist of youtube thumbnails. My news feed will be flooded with them that he trails through the comments of the original post. I wish there was a dislike button for the self important crap that goes on.

It sounds like she has had a conveyor belt of now dead dogs.

If we're *****ing about Facebook then I need to unload. Firstly, since when did it basically become 4Chan? Like I check out my wall and there are 10,000 meme related videos that start when I don't ask them to.

Secondly the criteria people like **** with. Cat falls down a slide: 1 trillion likes. A guy on my wall posted something along the lines of "thanks for all the well wishes, father out of hospital now and starting to make a recovery" - a nice general message thanking people who wished his family well while his father was going through a stoke. What cheapened it perhaps a bit, is the 50 odd likes that message got - paled in comparison to the 150 odd likes the next story on my page gets of "some hot chick changed her profile picture". It's like yay, she takes another selfie, this time in Sepia tone filter, and boom - what an amazing human being. 20 odd posts of 'that's beautiful hun xoxox'.

Then there are people who post what ever they happened to be doing. Like an idiot with no human filter. "Am hungry - should eat sandwich". GO EAT THE F*CKING THING THEN, WHY DO I WANT TO KNOW? My favorite ones of these, as anyone in Wellington will know, is when there is one of a fairly regular earthquake. People rush to facebook to post "did anyone else feel that?!" Yes, it's an earthquake. Yet my page gets littered with that ****, often while the earthquake is ongoing. I like to occasionally see statuses like "trapped under computer desk, need help" just to feel there is justice.

Then there is my absolute least favorite thing that you touched on Ewis. The self-important pretentious status, designed to project oneself as clever and deep. I have a dude who is does classical studies at university. He just got his honors degree...but the whole world must know he is passionate about classics. He needs to apply it to everyday life through long winded, self-congratulating posts.

You've pretty much nailed it!

Facebook isn't bad in itself. It was just another medium through which people could showcase just how profound their stupidity, self-importance and emptiness was, displaying a variety of symptoms and completely unaware of it, thinking they're doing good.

Well, my main peeve is people on the net that can't distinguish between a difference of opinion and a personal attack

that's your "80 people dislike this video because erp derp doo doo hoo hoo" type phrases on YouTube, that sort of annoying recurring template phrases people have overused to the point of mental retardation throughout the years.

I particularly want to physically inflict pain upon the people who write: "Greetings from *country x*." Who giiiiiives a fk maaaan, I'm French, I'm going to write "durrr greetings from Frinss" on a fkng music video ?...Like it's relevant at all..
Close to this, people who write on bands' walls, through whatever website: "Come to *country X* !!". Like that's going to change anything as to their carefully crafted schedule and rigid plans, reading 3 assholes asking them to come to Peru, it's so fkng redundant as shiit and so self-centered. Nobody gives a shhhiit about what you want and where you live man, shaaat aaapp widdeh youreh maaawth.

Internet phrases, memes, the stuff that pis$es you the fk off these days with this internet subculture.

ihatelolz.jpg

Probably my two biggest online peeves are when people misuse memes and when people get called trolls when really they're just bullies or idiots (the media do this all the time).

Well, my main peeve is people on the net that can't distinguish between a difference of opinion and a personal attack

I don't think that's that bad, and I don't see why you'd direct that at me.

Probably my two biggest online peeves are when people misuse memes and when people get called trolls when really they're just bullies or idiots (the media do this all the time).

Absolutely. The media have completely misappropriated and debased a well established term.

Trolling =/= sending death threats/harassing.

I don't think that's that bad, and I don't see why you'd direct that at me.

It wasn't meant to.be directed at anyone ... I was just replying to the thread from my tablet. Did my comment attach to one of yours, if so, I apologise, it wasn't intentional

Latest posts