12 Mathieu Bastareaud - 120 kg
13 Manu Tuilagi - 110 kg
14 Alesana Tuilagi - 117 kg
15 Jamie Roberts - 112 kg

Forward pack: 1,048 kg
Backline: 799 kg
Total: 1,847 kg

Last edited:
i would do a scotland one but im not sure as the team aren't known for creating big players but i'll give it a go and see how we get on.

1.) Gordon Reid 120 kg
2.) Ross Ford 115 kg
3.) Moray Low 124 kg
4.) Richie Gray 128 kg
5.) Jim Hamilton 124 kg
6.) Alasdair Strokosch 110 kg
7.) Kelly Brown 111 kg
8.) David Denton 114 kg
9.) Grayson Hart 95 kg
10.) Duncan Weir 91 kg
11.) Sean Lamont 105 kg
12.) Graeme Morrison 105 kg
13.) Richie Vernon 102 kg
14.) Nikki Walker 107 kg
15.) Rory Lamont 100 kg

possibly alot off changes could be made that that doesn't look that bad a team apart from weir and ford

So in terms of pure carrying before I start pack sould be easy but backs are a bit harder in terms of running through people as we don't really do that with our centres. Anyway:

If you wanted to go with size with no real concern over established quality, a McCloskey-Farrell centre partnership would be pretty dang big. Frees Henshaw to usurp Kearney as well.

If you wanted to go with size with no real concern over established quality, a McCloskey-Farrell centre partnership would be pretty dang big. Frees Henshaw to usurp Kearney as well.

I was kind of going by the criteria of being hardest to put down which seems to have been kind of lost with the ***le and all. However I should probably put one of those two ahead of Marshall. Not to sure about whether one should be ahead of Henshaw.

I was kind of going by the criteria of being hardest to put down which seems to have been kind of lost with the ***le and all. However I should probably put one of those two ahead of Marshall. Not to sure about whether one should be ahead of Henshaw.

Eh, not sure I would, Marshall's not as heavy as them but he's absurdly big and strong for a man of his size, like a prop in miniature just with far better feet, at least when he hasn't had his bell rung... oh... right...

Also, it's not them ahead of Henshaw, it's them ahead of Kearney, as no harm to him but he's not mega-difficult to put down... not more so than Henshaw anyway. Plenty of other big backs around, just a shame it's not sure if any of them are good enough...

Eh, not sure I would, Marshall's not as heavy as them but he's absurdly big and strong for a man of his size, like a prop in miniature just with far better feet, at least when he hasn't had his bell rung... oh... right...

Also, it's not them ahead of Henshaw, it's them ahead of Kearney, as no harm to him but he's not mega-difficult to put down... not more so than Henshaw anyway. Plenty of other big backs around, just a shame it's not sure if any of them are good enough...

Yeah, probably right about Marshall.

Tbh I'd still have Kearney, the amount of times I've seen him put props on their ass'.

Mako Vunipola. Sheridan is both French and retired now. And Sam Burgess isn't/won't be a winger, nor is he part of England officially yet (is he) ?!

Foden at SH...well SH is the hardest position to fill up on this thread. Luckily we have Doussain, who really should be a Tighthead prop. The Welsh have Phillips, but for other teams this'll be tough to pick someone credible.

Erm, since when was Sheridan french??

No place for the legend that is Norm Hadley?
Brian Lima?
Frank Bunce
Or are they just hard as nailz...not massive. Well Norm was MASSIVE.

Can we include this guy just for being rediculous!

A favourite son of Rhodesian rugby was undoubtedly Andy Macdonald, who made international headlines when he emerged victorious from a brawl with a fully-grown lion in 1966.

Though born in South Africa, Macdonald grew up in Bulawayo and always regarded himself as Rhodesian - for whom he played in the Currie Cup and also against international touring sides.

He was selected for the 1965 Springboks' tour of Australasia, playing in 5 of the 6 tests. All Blacks legend Colin Meads described Macdonald as the most imposing physical specimen he ever encountered on the rugby field.

A year later he was attacked on his farm by wounded lion and managed to kill it, at a cost of 400 stitches and an amputated finger. This wasn't enough to end his rugby career, however. But Macdonald farmed in Zambia and, after its independence, he was pressured by the government of that country to stop representing South Africa.

He was murdered along with his wife in Bulawayo at the age of 52 when his car was set alight in circumstances which remain unsolved..

1. Eifron Lewis-Roberts, if he's still going
2. Richard Hibbard
3. Adam Jones
4. Jake Ball
5. Bradley Davies
6. Andy Powell
7. Sam Warburton
8. Morgan Allen

9. Mike Phillips
10. Dan Biggar?
11. George North
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Jonathan Davies
14. Hanno Dirksen
15. Lee Byrne

Gatball agogo

1. Eifron Lewis-Roberts, if he's still going
2. Richard Hibbard
3. Adam Jones
4. Jake Ball
5. Bradley Davies
6. Andy Powell
7. Sam Warburton
8. Morgan Allen

9. Mike Phillips
10. Dan Biggar?
11. George North
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Jonathan Davies
14. Hanno Dirksen
15. Lee Byrne

Gatball agogo

Cuthbert is 106kg compared to Dirksen's 97kg
Preistland is 95kg compared to Biggar's 89kg
Ian Evans is 116kg compared to Bradley Davies' 115kg

Last edited:
I'd like to reiterate that this thread isn't about XV's with the heaviest possible guys, but rather the XV with the "Most susceptible of carrying strong, hardest to put down".
I just used the word "MASS" as a semantic shortcut if you will.

I'd like to reiterate that this thread isn't about XV's with the heaviest possible guys, but rather the XV with the "Most susceptible of carrying strong, hardest to put down".
I just used the word "MASS" as a semantic shortcut if you will.

you do know that MASS has to do with weight though. So you can't be disappointed in the people for picking a XV's team based on their MASS or weight. That's why I asked it when you started this thread as I knew that this would happen...

Cuthbert is 106kg compared to Dirksen's 97kg
Preistland is 95kg compared to Biggar's 89kg
Ian Evans is 116kg compared to Bradley Davies' 116kg

Hanno's a harder hitter than Cuthbert, hence his inclusion. Considering the difference between their natural frames, that's all the more impressive.
Priestland, fair enough. There's not much in it. I guess Biggar wears pads, so he looks chunkier. I wasn't sure on a 10. I just kinda miss Stephen.
Yeah. There's no difference in their weight, but Davies is a lump, whereas Evans is a beanpole. Charteris is heavier than them both, but he'd never make one of these teams.

Most susceptible of carrying strong, hardest to put down...

FRANCE MASS XV

1 - Vincent Debaty
2 - Chris Tolofua
3 - Luc Ducalcon
4 - Romain Taofifenua
5 - Vahaamahina
6 - Chouly
7 - Burban
8 - Picamoles
9 - Doussain
10 - Talès
11 - Grosso
12 - Lamerat
13 - Bastareaud
14 - Huget
15 - Gaetan Germain

lol the team of monsters. Tackle that, mofos.

There is a player here in Toulouse Edwin Maka (brother of the 2 Maka ex-Toulousains) who is 1.96 cm and 144 Kg. Bigger than Tekori. He is 21. Back row.

North over Cuthbert is harsh, haven't been impressed with North since the Lions. Cuthbert and North both had some shockers in defence v SA, but Alex really turned it around second test.

There is a player here in Toulouse Edwin Maka (brother of the 2 Maka ex-Toulousains) who is 1.96 cm and 144 Kg. Bigger than Tekori. He is 21. Back row.

Just checked him out. Those Pacific Islanders just reach insane weights, it's unbelievable...not French though, and that 140kg monster may not even carry as hard as Burban or Picamoles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked him out. Those Pacific Islanders just reach insane weights, it's unbelievable...not French though, and that 140kg monster may not even carry as hard as Burban or Picamoles:

oh yeah? check out his try as No8 agst SF, looks mobile enough for 140 Kg - from 4:09

qualifies for France end of this season - he is only 21

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts