TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
The the bottom two performing, the top four not, what's your team of the weekend?

It's hard to pick due to no-one really standing out in the majority of positions:

1. Marconnet
2. Best
3. ??? Castro, maybe
4. Paul O'Connell
5. Gray
6. Zanni
7. Warburton
8. Parisse
9. Semenzato
10. Hook
11. Evans
12. Lamont
13. Ansbro
14. Bowe
15. Masi

Rees, James, Del Fava, Croft, Care, Jackson, Paterson

First XV (full 22):

England: 0 (2)
France: 1 (1)
Scotland: 4 (7)
Wales: 2 (3)
Ireland: 3 (3)
Italy: 5 (6)

1. Corbisiero
2. S. Lawson (hit some crucial lineouts when he came on)
3. Castrogiovanni
4. O' Callaghan
5. Gray
6. Zanni
7. Warburton
8. Parrise
9. Phillips
10. Burton (actually looked to get play going)
11. Evans
12. Lamont
13. Canale
14. Bergamasco (just for the kicking)
15. Masi

01 Marconnet. I have never seen Castro destroyed at scrum time in such a way.
02 Matthew Rees. One of Wales' standout players. One of his best games of recent times.
03 Mas? No tighthead really stood out. Castro had a poor scrummaging display. Paul James did well after switching to the tight. Ross went ok.
04 Del Fava. I thought he had a good game, especially in defense. Knocked French runners back time and again.
05 Richie Grey. Another great performance.
06 Zanni.
07 Sam Warburton. Been up there as the best openside in each and every round. Player of the tournament for me so far.
08 Parrise. Always excellent. No player more deserving of getting a big win against France.

09 Semenzato. Excellent box kicking. Didn't panic for Italy's try. Good all round performance. Phillips played better, but is still too slow passing the ball.
10 James Hook. Standout of a bad bunch really. Hook prooved some of his doubters wrong, and controlled the match well. Not an all round great display though.
11 Evans. The piece of skill for his try was great. Bergamasco was close, but he didn't really show up much in the game. Kicked some important goals, which for him was impressive, but most other kickers would have got them with ease.
12 Sean Lamont. Again, not many centres shined this weekend. He had a solid game.
13 Canale. See above.
14 Tommy Bowe. Standout Irish player. Was everywhere, created Ireland first try and threatened all game.
15 Masi. Great try scoring display from him.

After watching only ITA-FRA and WAL-IRE, and looking at p-r.com XV

15 - Masi
14 - Ashton
13 - Canale
12 - Hape
11 - Bergamasco
10 - Hook
9 - Semenzato
8 - Parisse
7 - Haskell
6 - Barbieri
5 - Alun-Wyn Jones
4 - Richie Gray
3 - Castrogiovanni
2 - Rees
1 - Corbisiero

I don't want to talk about English and Scottish players, 'cause I haven't already watched the match, but

Masi played magnificently!
Canale is not one of my favourite Italian players, it seems that with Italy he doesn't play with the same intensity of TOP14 matches, surely due to less quality balls, but these last 2 matches he was one of the best Italian backs! He deserved it, credit to him!
Barbieri... no.
With a lot of respect for him, but Zanni outplayed any other backrows on the field saturday, Parisse too! Zanni is amazing! Also... I don't understand why pick Barbieri at 6, when he played 7, and left out Zanni who was the true blindside! o_O

Maybe Paul O'Connell ahead of A-W Jones... he was maybe the only one to shine for Ireland.

Ashton shouldn't be anywhere near a team of the round after the Scotland match!
Was his worst in an England shirt

It's reliutive. Ashton didn't do anything wrong. But didn't do much right. Mostly because he didn't do much full stop.

The whole backline was stifled with Ben Youngs ******* everything up.

I dunno, he gave away a few penalties at the rucks joining from the side (gave Scotland their first 3 points for example)

Aye, begs the question where were the loose forwards when that was happening though.

Still agree he shouldn't have been in the TOTW though.

Latest posts