• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 12

Is this Newcastle team the worst of all time in the premiership? Trying to remember a team being this bad. I doubt they win a game this season at this rate.

And even watching Newcastle highlights against any other team is dire and boring unfortunately.

Steve Diamond has just done a press conference to BBC Look North, ITV Tyne Tees, BBC Radio Newcastle, The Times, RugbyPass, The Rugby Paper, Press Association news wire, Ruck and the Falcons website and social media.

So it will be interesting to see what his thoughts are....

Is this Newcastle team the worst of all time in the premiership? Trying to remember a team being this bad. I doubt they win a game this season at this rate.

And even watching Newcastle highlights against any other team is dire and boring unfortunately.
We will. We just need to sort out...

Playing for 80 mins not 40-45
Stopping the stupid mistakes..dropping the ball etc
Fix the Lineout...

Once we dot that...watch out top 4 🤣

Diamond interview is great ...says he wants a real tough Newcastle team...with as much "legal violence" on the pitch as possible 😆😆

I'm interested to see how well diamonds scouting is now that the Pro D2 and even the 3rd league scout the same places he does and prob have bigger budgets than Falcons

I'm interested to see how well diamonds scouting is now that the Pro D2 and even the 3rd league scout the same places he does and prob have bigger budgets than Falcons
Well he said a good honest interview, that will certainly appeal to the Falcons fans.

Said we'll finish bottom but we need to start picking up some losing bonus points and just be horrid for other teams to play. Pretty obvious I guess

Then win the relegation play off....

We shall see....

we will see I just don't see where the horrible players will come from.
Pepper is the only forward with a bit of violence about him really.

Blamire and chick are good but again just don't see the aggression certainly compared to other players in the league

Morozov and Neild will arrive within weeks

Jokes aside I could definitely see Diamond bringing in some of the Sale players he brought through that haven't really kicked on - Neild, Morozov, Will Griff John, Postlethwaite, Gourlay, maybe even Kieran Wilkinson to replace Louie Johnson if Sarries come knocking and Tigers aren't fussed about keeping him
He did that at both clubs he went to post Sale

Also feel like there's quite a few decent players in the championship that might be able to make the step up, but haven't had the opportunity as there were so many LI/Wasps/Wuss players available at lower prices

Last edited:

Latest posts