• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

We confirmed today Yacouba Camara for next season, French International from Toulouse 23 yrs excellent physical player, what another Frenchman signs for Montpellier omg.........

Be great if he could come back in time to get into Lions contention and win a series in NZ. Could be one of the greatest sporting stories of all time. Unlikely, but...

Most recent article and 'interview' with him states he may not return to the UK to play rugby, linked to the US I believe.

James Cannon Wasps--> Connacht

Is Cannon Irish qualified?

I'm a little surprised at Wasps letting him go. I thought he was rated there. Admittedly he has Launchbury, Gaskell, Symons and Myall ahead of him, but I didn't see them letting him go.

Is Cannon Irish qualified?

I'm a little surprised at Wasps letting him go. I thought he was rated there. Admittedly he has Launchbury, Gaskell, Symons and Myall ahead of him, but I didn't see them letting him go.

Normally I'd say you don't need 5 locks but with launchbury and Symons England players you'd have thought they need the cover.

In fact was Symons in the England squad or did I make that up!

Yeah he's Irish qualified apparently. Pretty understandable he wants out of there as from what I here he's better than a fifth choice player. Connacht have a rake of second rows but outside of Dillane who may or may not have to put in a few shifts in the back row they're all fairly average, so he has a good chance of breaking in. Also has the size that Connacht could do with in a row.

He is rated, but behind 4 others, and with Will Rowlands and Ehizode hot on his heels. Could easily have ended up missing out on lower level game time to help with their development.

He is rated, but behind 4 others, and with Will Rowlands and Ehizode hot on his heels. Could easily have ended up missing out on lower level game time to help with their development.

And with England's depth at lock, he'd a lot better chance of test rugby.

I'm not sure he is test calibre, but I don't think Roux is anywhere near that either and Ireland are very light on locks. Donnacha Ryan, McCarthy and Toner are all the wrong side of 30 and James Ryan hasn't yet made the breakthrough at club level to the extent where he's a genuine option. If Henderson's future is at 6, they definitely need some depth from decent locks in their 20s.

Young Madigan at Munster is another young guy we hope will have a breakthrough this year. Very frustrating that so many of our locks are underperforming massively.

And with England's depth at lock, he'd a lot better chance of test rugby.

I'm not sure he is test calibre, but I don't think Roux is anywhere near that either and Ireland are very light on locks. Donnacha Ryan, McCarthy and Toner are all the wrong side of 30 and James Ryan hasn't yet made the breakthrough at club level to the extent where he's a genuine option. If Henderson's future is at 6, they definitely need some depth from decent locks in their 20s.

I'm not sure "lot better" in this context translates to "good" though. He had no chance of test rugby in England and in Ireland I think he's got... next to no chance. Ireland are light on proven options who'll be definitely around for the whole World Cup cycle - Toner, Henderson and Dillane is about it - but there's a lot of young guys who may have it knocking around. Couple of other cusp-ish guys at the age of 28 too in Foley and Browne.

Still, he'll get a run with Connacht some time, up to him to show him what he's got when he gets it, could make his way to a few caps yet.

I think he would suit Premiership rugby fine as a 12, would fit the general attritional style required. Joseph stands in a lot as first receiver anyway to get his hands on the ball and i imagine there would be shifting for different plays

Latest posts