• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

I'm 50/50 on this. Usyk is a superb fighter who knows how to win rounds and has a phenomenal work rate. Fury doesn't have the same work rate but is bigger and knows how to use his size to win.

Fury has apparently lost a load of weight which Im not sure is a good or bad thing. Usyk's weight is pretty consistent in his last 3 fights.

Really looking forward to it and hopefully both fighters with give it a go. Just don't want any controversy regarding decisions etc.

I've followed Usyk quite closely since he KO'd Tony Bellew. His footwork is insane and he has a hell of an engine on him. He's also very likeable and has a quirky/joker sort of character. Can't see him stopping Fury but he has a very high ring IQ and so if it goes the distance then who knows although they might cop out and award a draw so that neither champion loses their belts. I just hope there isn't any controversy from the judges.

Fury's head movement is insane for such a big man. I don't like how he has conducted himself when blaming AJ and Usyk for not getting fights agreed. I hope that cut he got in sparring a few months ago was genuine and not just a ruse for him to buy himself more time to get in shape. I know Fury is a Brit but I hope Usyk does the business.

Good move by Fury, got Usyk thinking a little bit.

What else was Usyk supposed to do other than keep his eyes locked on Fury? Usyk is a cool customer and I doubt that would have 'got him thinking'. If anything Fury looked like a twat.

Hope I'm wrong but I just have a hunch Fury will prevail. Usyk was pretty lucky against Dubois with that low blow call which looked borderline. Can imagine Fury will be going for body shots and I just think his size will be the difference.

Yep, Fury 18.5 stone and Usyk a touch under 16.5 stone. Still, 2 stone weight difference.
Fury's longer reach should tell over 12 rounds but Usyk is fast and being the smaller man needs to closer in to evade Fury's jab. He's quick enough but will that extra weight slow him down?

Would make a great story if Usyk can do
It especially as symbolic for Ukraine. But I suspect Fury will prevail on points.

Yep, Fury 18.5 stone and Usyk a touch under 16.5 stone. Still, 2 stone weight difference.
Fury's longer reach should tell over 12 rounds but Usyk is fast and being the smaller man needs to closer in to evade Fury's jab. He's quick enough but will that extra weight slow him down?

Would make a great story if Usyk can do
It especially as symbolic for Ukraine. But I suspect Fury will prevail on points.

Can't afford the £25 to watch this and not gonna find an illegal stream. So likely listen to it on the radio (1930s style) and read comments on this instead. Should be a cracking fight. Will await the free live YouTube fight next week.

Edit: bugger it's not even on the radio.

Last edited:
Can't afford the £25 to watch this and not gonna find an illegal stream. So likely listen to it on the radio (1930s style) and read comments on this instead. Should be a cracking fight. Will await the free live YouTube fight next week.

Edit: bugger it's not even on the radio.
Going to do a watch along with Gman boxing on YouTube

It's an incredible story. Many said he was too small and would get smashed by all the big guns when he moved up to heavyweight. That 9th round was incredible - the precision of Usyk's shots when he was going for the jugular. Think he would have got the KO if there had been another 20 seconds in that round. Credit to Fury for recovering and finishing the fight.

Last edited:
I think a lot of peeps are pleased that Usyk did it especially the symbolism it represents for Ukraine atm, plus there is no real love for Fury, despite him being British. Need to watch the full fight when TNT put it on YT. Couldn't justify forking out the £25, so followed Gman's commentary (thanks @McTallshort) . Great to see a smaller man win the undisputed heavyweight championship and overcome all the disadvantages.

All set for the rematch then.

Gman? you follow rectangle head?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Fury's war comment is spot on. Anyway Usyk won he got the decision and hopefully we get the rematch in October. Team Fury need to make lots of changes.

Latest posts