• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Yeh against Finland. Now Bale has retired not sure who is your talisman. I think it's a 2 legged affair.
Yeah it's very doubtful Wales will ever produce a talent like Bale ever again. There's a few alright younger players with potential like Brennan Johnson but yeah can't see us pulling up any trees anytime soon.

Scotland managed to get to the Euros so not beyond Wales to do it, albeit the hard way. And they were very ordinary v England. But they finished ahead of Haaland's Norway.

It's a semi and then if Wales get through Final v Poland/Estonia.

Shame. But not surprised. He's done a fantastic job but like at Borussia 7/8 years seems to be his limit at a club.

There are murmurings of Alonso could take over after what he has done with BL. Stevie G has just signed an extension in SA, but I am not sure he is ready or good enough manager ala Lampard, Neville, Rooney.

Shame. But not surprised. He's done a fantastic job but like at Borussia 7/8 years seems to be his limit at a club.

There are murmurings of Alonso could take over after what he has done with BL. Stevie G has just signed an extension in SA, but I am not sure he is ready or good enough manager ala Lampard, Neville, Rooney.
7/8 years is very impressive in this day and age.

You'd have to be smoking crack to appoint Gerrard. Dont get me wrong, I'd love it if you did as you'd be mid table quicker than you can say Stevie G but you're not that silly. Especially when there's an actually good young manager doing an amazing job at Leverkusen you could appoint. I'd be amazed if you didn't appoint him. Still a bit of a risk obviously but he does seem like the real deal and what a player he was in his day as well.

As you know I really don't like Klopp on a personal level (though he's probably a decent bloke outside of football) but no doubt he's an amazing manager and done a crazy job at Liverpool. Fair play to him.

thank you for bringing this to my attention. Good distraction from the cyclocross and Daytona 24.

Not into football that much, but there's this great podcast I listen to called: The Price of Football.

It's basically people talking about the financial side of the sport and how it really isn't as stable as many might think.

Bottle Klopp job
He's been in the job 9 years once he goes. At least he's honest that he doesn't have the energy to continue.

Better to leave at the top - look at how long Wenger was at Arsenal past his peak. No manager is bigger than the club and every manager leaves and Klopp is going on his terms.

Got to love penalty shootouts when your team's not taking part.

I think there would be uproar if they did. No way the richest club in Britain should get public money towards a new stadium.

If it did go ahead they'd probably try to argue that it's part of levelling up. A Wembley for the north where England would play now and again not to mention the money to be made from concerts and other sporting events. There was plenty uproar when West Ham got a cheap deal to use the Olympic stadium which was being built anyway.

In West Ham's case they are leasing the Olympic stadium though and it's still operating under a loss.

Yeah not West Ham's fault at all. Sullivan took advantage of the situation and negotiated a good deal even though many fans didn't like the move from Upton Park.

Latest posts