TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
22912.2.jpg

Willie Ripia has resigned from the Western Force with immediate effect, the Super Rugby franchise has announced.

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2012/rugby/story/157281.html

Well the Hurricanes could do with another Fly-Half...

Sounds like a curious incident though, any Australian members heard rumours about what may (or may not) have happened?

Sounds like a curious incident though, any Australian members heard rumours about what may (or may not) have happened?

I'm sure the Hurricanes won't want him back: Barrett and Pisi are much better players, and I'd even take Dan Kirkpatrick over him.

What a strange world. A Kiwi goes to Australia and becomes a criminal... The irony

Irony.png

No thankyou.

I wonder whether the ARU will step in to keep him in the country seen as he is eligible for the Wallabies soon. I can understand him having to leave the Force as things would be pretty awkward in the dressing room, but he could probably slot in at the Rebels. It would be really handy to have a more reliable 'boring' type player on the bench incase Cipriani is going headless chicken on them and they have to settle down.

No thankyou.

I wonder whether the ARU will step in to keep him in the country seen as he is eligible for the Wallabies soon. I can understand him having to leave the Force as things would be pretty awkward in the dressing room, but he could probably slot in at the Rebels. It would be really handy to have a more reliable 'boring' type player on the bench incase Cipriani is going headless chicken on them and they have to settle down.

Doubt anyone wants a players who steals on their books. He's also pretty unlikely to play much for Australia anyway, seeing as there are a handful of better 1st 5/8ths.

Spending too much time with Beale and Cooper...

Doubt anyone wants a players who steals on their books. He's also pretty unlikely to play much for Australia anyway, seeing as there are a handful of better 1st 5/8ths.

Spending too much time with Beale and Cooper...

He's gone native, the IRB should rule him eligble without waiting for the 3.

i wouldn't be overly disappointed if i was a force fan, he wasn't much chop. i prefer james stanard in the 10 jersey. the force do lack depth in that position (and have since giteau bailed) though which is concerning as injury happens (they found that out the hard way with andre pretorius)

Question: Why isn't he in jail????

Because obviously his team mates haven't pressed charges, therefore he hasn't gone to court and been found guilty.

His resignation is probably enough in the eyes of his teammates and the franchise. Besides, the fourth estate can deal out just as much punishment than going through the courts.

Latest posts