Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
ADB2314D-AB10-42D8-8845-EF398DA62496.jpeg

Four home wins and two glasses of milk please. ✌️

Doesn't really matter if this is the end of the road, 3 of the last 8 is a great effort considering financial disparity
Yes it is an achievement without a doubt when all is considered, it's just a bit of a stretch to say English rugby and the prem isn't struggling because they have a nice representation in the quarters (assuming that's where is ends) what does that tell us we don't have any team capable of competing at the very top ie finalists/quarter finalists but have a good repetition best of the rest?

Not everyone can win everything every year
3/8 is good going considering what everyone was saying about the Prem going into Europe - and what people say about the Prem every international period (that weird train of thought that it doesn't produce international quality players, but specifically just for England - all the other internationals in the Prem we brush under the carpet)

No one is saying the premiership is a dominant force in Europe, all I'm saying is it's good to see a solid representation in the knockouts

Not everyone can win everything every year
3/8 is good going considering what everyone was saying about the Prem going into Europe - and what people say about the Prem every international period (that weird train of thought that it doesn't produce international quality players, but specifically just for England - all the other internationals in the Prem we brush under the carpet)

No one is saying the premiership is a dominant force in Europe, all I'm saying is it's good to see a solid representation in the knockouts

I think we went through a period where some teams were just chucking the ball about without bothering too much about defence - the criticism was valid.

Saints are a case in point - this year they've tightened their defence without losing their attacking verve and look a much better team for it. They'd probably have lost that Munster game in years past. Shame they're going to have to build a new pack. BTW Sleightholme's looking good, did some good stuff in defence and runs aggressively.

3 prem teams, 3 French teams, 1 Irish and 1 South African. I think it's fair to say that the premiership isn't struggling to a fair representation in the top 8 in Europe this season.

I think to say that Exeter have a punchers chance would be being polite. All I can ask for is that it's a defining point for this young team and they get a good chance to bond through adversity and playing the world's best (including arguably the best player of many, many generations). It's not the first time in a cauldron for a few of them considering the atmosphere at last year's semi in Bordeaux but I think it will be something else entirely. Allez les Bleus!

Leinster at -7.5 are second lowest favorites. I don't see Toulouse winning by 21 or Bordeaux winning by 16. Mainly cause those teams don't really play full games and just kind of pour it on in the last 20 minutes it.

Northampton is favorites which I can see. Neither Bulls nor Lyon should have made the knockouts of Europe.

Leinster at -7.5 are second lowest favorites. I don't see Toulouse winning by 21 or Bordeaux winning by 16. Mainly cause those teams don't really play full games and just kind of pour it on in the last 20 minutes it.

Northampton is favorites which I can see. Neither Bulls nor Lyon should have made the knockouts of Europe.
Could see Bordeaux winning 51-31 or something like that so wouldn't bet against the handicap.

LaR and Chiefs handicap with Saints just to win might make decent odds.

In fact. I'm gonna check it out.

I think to say that Exeter have a punchers chance would be being polite. All I can ask for is that it's a defining point for this young team and they get a good chance to bond through adversity and playing the world's best (including arguably the best player of many, many generations). It's not the first time in a cauldron for a few of them considering the atmosphere at last year's semi in Bordeaux but I think it will be something else entirely. Allez les Bleus!
Toulouse have scored more than 30 points in every game this champions cup, id put them as heavy favourites tbh but as you say great it's a experience for the young lads as well as we arnt a weak team, definitely punching above our weight so who knows but ill be shocked if we pull this one off.

When off the ball purposefully rile up the other team Munster twitter turn South African.

When La Rochelle do it:

Garry Ringrose / stand in captain to equalise by wearing a Medusa wig to face Aldritt at the coin toss.

"Do I make eye contact or non monsieur ROG?"

Latest posts