• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online offering - a big missed opportunity

jovialjonny

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Munster
So I've kept from weighing in on all thats been said about the game, but the short version from me is I like it - on the field.

I enjoy the gameplay, I've scored many classy tries that wouldnt have been possible in rugby 08 using the new features, and I've found hard mode to be a proper challenge.

And I've also enjoyed the online gaming, you cant beat player V player and I've had some fun matchups.

The killer to me is how poorly they executed the online opportunity.

The world cup is still on and already I have it happen very often that I cant find an online opponent to play against.

When you do get one, invariably french, and are beating them they quit on you and there is no punishment for doing so.

Without any ranking score or any sense of progression, and no sense of accountability for quitting the online is a massively detached experience.

Even the fact you cant replay your current opponent. There are a dearth of good players out there and when I finally found one the game ended and that was it. We had a cracking match, which I one, and I knew he'd be gunning for a rematch but nope, no way for us to replay so we are both thrown back into the ether.

Last but not least, why in the name of god spend so much effort digitising twickenham, millennium stadium and landsdowne road if you never get to play there in the game except in single test matches?

Why not show off all the work those graphical artists did? Why not have selectable stadiums instead of being stuck in auckland (seemingly always in the rain) in online mode.

It makes absolutely no sense to me to secure a license for these stadia and then under utilise them so magnificently. I played one game in the aviva and all the rest has been world cups or online so I've literally not even seen the other stadia as I couldnt be bothered.

Last but not least, I get that they may have been sensitive that some of the player models weren't up to scratch, but what genius thought up never showing the players faces as a solution? I accidentally caught a glimpse of paul o connell and BOD in an unusual occurence of a side/frontish cut scene the other day and it just struck me that again guys have worked hard to incorporate these likenesses only for the player to never see them! bonkers.

Here endeth the rant, I get the constraints this game operated under, and I appreciate the fun gameplay it has given, I just think really bad decisions were taken on what and where to cut based on budget constraints.

To have done the hard work in some areas and then not show it off by overly restrictive options simply baffles me.

because this is a p*ss poor game which is just a cash in, look how HB have gone quiet in the glitch thread, listen to us...my a**e

I bought this looking forward to a rugby game, but for quality and value for money...no way, I feel ripped off.

Latest posts