• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2023/24 - Round 17

Harsh on Frawley also. Don't think harry has done enough to push him off the bench. Agree with you on JOB v Larmour though. Harsh on Larmour as you say, but I think we need more pace in the team and Lowe isn't going anywhere
As a 10 HB has been consistently better than Frawley in my opinion. My thinking is if Leinster need the 23 to cover 12 and 15 Frawley's the man but if it's Osborne and Jimmy starting I think HB makes more sense.

Some win for us. A strange game.
We were lucky to get pen that helped us get our BP but then TMO gave Edinburgh a try that noone could see.
We deserved it though and we'll to get 5 points here was super.
Again you know you are booming when Scottish teams boo everything and anything. If they put half that energy in to supporting their own teams to win then they might be shocked but oh well.

Just seen above the debate there on Frawley vs H Byrne. Is it not a case of Frawley being rested tomorrow as he is starting 15 if Hugo fails to make it or of Hugo comes through tomorrow ok then Frawley is 23.
Ringrose looks to be out so Osbourne starts.

So far this season he's only been ahead of HB if it's a 6/2. With Jimmy and Osbourne in the starting line up it's less of an issue. He probably still shades it but the option is there.

5/3 it's HB and Larmour / Jimmy on the bench.
Yeah but wouldn't he be in squad tomorrow if that the case.

Like I Osbourne and Robbie have no real cover. Or am I missing it like if Jimmy started I get they all movable but also they all starters. Like say Henshaw or Osbourne went down after 5 mins in final. What way do you play it? Like you don't want too many changes either for 1 switch.
Harry and Ross are 10s or nothing.
Obviously a 5/3 split changes that but and Larmour can cover wing and Jimmy 15 or centre. But it looks likely Leinster will do 6/2

Yeah but wouldn't he be in squad tomorrow if that the case.

Like I Osbourne and Robbie have no real cover. Or am I missing it like if Jimmy started I get they all movable but also they all starters. Like say Henshaw or Osbourne went down after 5 mins in final. What way do you play it? Like you don't want too many changes either for 1 switch.
Harry and Ross are 10s or nothing.
Obviously a 5/3 split changes that but and Larmour can cover wing and Jimmy 15 or centre. But it looks likely Leinster will do 6/2
Don't think the team gives many clues. The front row and backrow, James Ryan, Keenan and likely Jimmy will all be involved next week.

Don't think the team gives many clues. The front row and backrow, James Ryan, Keenan and likely Jimmy will all be involved next week.
No but you would imagine if he was on border or unlikely to be involved next week then Frawley would be in mix tomorrow. Like tomorrow a really vital game too.
Agreed not alot given away and I think Jimmy O'Brien rushed back as pace is needed to balance that back 3 and he has that.

It's a must win game for the Stormers after not quite yet coming good after our horror start of the season and you can see it in the lineup. That is about as strong a side as we can send out apart from injury. Lions back in SA will be tricky. I hope Glasgow put them to the sword to kill off their play off hopes for when we get them.

Great win last night. That's absolutely a fixture we lose and maybe lose badly at the start of the season.

4 BPs on the trot.

Great win last night. That's absolutely a fixture we lose and maybe lose badly at the start of the season.

4 BPs on the trot.
Guaranteed a home qf and we'll possibly in our hands to.earn a home sf based on how today goes

Few strange stats. We can finish dead last of Irish conference and top of league. Strange.

On tonight though Leinster would be delighted that Keenan looked sharp and Ryan got through. Connors put his hand up as did Conan. Harry Byrne might have booked him a seat beside Max Deegan though as Frawley probably benefited from not playing tonight.
You feel though this result has ramped things up massively. Leinster I feel need to win much more than Toulouse next week and if Leinster were to end the season without any trophy it would be seen argubally as a bigger failure than previous years you feel.

It will probably be the most exciting finish to league though.

On Leinster and not really a criticism but can really see traits we had in Munster in with so much box kicking.
I don't think it suits them or their players and could prove costly next week. I hope Leinster do beat Toulouse but can't afford to be loose with box kicking. They have only scored 1 try in last 20 mins of knockout games this year was stat that showed.

Mad that McGrath and HB didn't kick three points. Only half watched the game but to do the same thing twice against the same team costing us too spot is poor. Gunne needs to be put on the fast track because McGrath is past his best and his best wasn't exactly fantastic.

Anyway, no one has won the URC from the top of the league so we can move on, doubles aren't supposed to be easy.

We make things hard for ourselves but if you offered me an ugly win or even a draw I'd have taken it so job done. Incredibly I believe yesterday was our first ever win in Ireland. But the travel is a major factor and context is key. I mean we have yet to lose a match to Leinster but I wouldn't go as far as to think we are close to being on a level with them as a club. Context.

So did the lions smash a bunch of bad teams or did they drop some close games?

Ah man. Now it really looks like our season is over. SFM lasted two games before getting injured again… and then we lost Damian Willemse for four months, who was the key creator in most of our attack. This is in addition to just not having a Jackal player with Deon Fourie out for the rest of the season. Really not an ideal position for the tail end of the season.

Latest posts