• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I find it very hard to put "talented" and "pop star" in the same sentence. It's music that is made for children and imbeciles so when one comes along that actually writes their own music and people go "wow look at her she writes her own lyrics" I'm just like, yeah but listen to it, it's ****. lol. Each to their own obviously.
There are exceptions though! My favourite singer writes her own lyrics and it's amazing. She writes in french and it made me learning french when I was 10 y.o., to understand her lyrics better (but her lyrics is more about "adult things" so I was a bit shocked at the beginning :D, but anyway it's VERY good and deep, in my opinion)
And her shows are much more impressive than those of some American "stars" (I can give examples)

True detective season 1 is up there with the best.
I can recommend also "Mindhunter" series,I watched it recently and it reminded me True detective a lot . I think I finally liked Mindhunter even more than the first season of TD 🤔

I find it very hard to put "talented" and "pop star" in the same sentence. It's music that is made for children and imbeciles so when one comes along that actually writes their own music and people go "wow look at her she writes her own lyrics" I'm just like, yeah but listen to it, it's ****. lol. Each to their own obviously.
I think classifying Swift as a popstar is doing her a great disservice. Like she starred off in country before transitioning to pop then more indie folk her latest was synth pop. Seriously taking r albums Fearless, 1989, folklore and midnight's you'd probably not guess they were the same artist.

I also think anyone who's made themselves billionaire through their music is doing something right.

Anyway my reccomendation for any middle aged man is to start with later albums. Specifically her lockdown ones folklore and Evermore.

I think classifying Swift as a popstar is doing her a great disservice. Like she starred off in country before transitioning to pop then more indie folk her latest was synth pop. Seriously taking r albums Fearless, 1989, folklore and midnight's you'd probably not guess they were the same artist.

I also think anyone who's made themselves billionaire through their music is doing something right.

Anyway my reccomendation for any middle aged man is to start with later albums. Specifically her lockdown ones folklore and Evermore.
Come on. She's a pop star. There's nothing wrong with liking pop stars (there is really especially if you're a grown man) but she's a pop star. One of the biggest in the world it would seem.

I definitely wouldn't associate the popularity of any art with how good it is but then people (when I say people I mean predominately 8 year old girls) seem to really like her so good for them.

Come on. She's a pop star. There's nothing wrong with liking pop stars (there is really especially if you're a grown man) but she's a pop star. One of the biggest in the world it would seem.

I definitely wouldn't associate the popularity of any art with how good it is but then people (when I say people I mean predominately 8 year old girls) seem to really like her so good for them.
Hmmm don't think you want to be reasoned with here. Some of her music is 100% pop and I enjoy it (I in general don't really care for pop music) but having listened to what she's done a fair bit I think anyone dismissing her really is in the "I've formulated my opinion from hearing shake it off one too many times and I'm a crochety old man.

I'll point out the rest of vinyl collection is old rock (Pink Floyd, Santana, Fleetwood Mac etc.), Daft Punk and some "mordern" rock like Florence + The Machine.

Hmmm don't think you want to be reasoned with here. Some of her music is 100% pop and I enjoy it (I in general don't really care for pop music) but having listened to what she's done a fair bit I think anyone dismissing her really is in the "I've formulated my opinion from hearing shake it off one too many times and I'm a crochety old man.

I'll point out the rest of vinyl collection is old rock (Pink Floyd, Santana, Fleetwood Mac etc.), Daft Punk and some "mordern" rock like Florence + The Machine.
There's nothing to reason with. Its art, it's all subjective.

I've never listened to her apart from I must've heard some of her songs in the background here and there (I couldn't name a single song of hers and probably couldn't identify her if she came on the radio or something) But I cannot imagine ever liking something as generic and marketed towards children as her but as I say, each to their own. Its art at the end of the day (debatable whether you can use the term art to describe her music but I would begrudgingly still call it that, just)

"I've never heard it, but it's bad because people like it"
As I said I must've heard at least 2 or 3 of her songs (probably more but haven't realised coz they all sound the same) and that was more than enough for me. If I can be arsed I'll Google her top 5 most popular songs and just read the lyrics as there might be something half decent maybe

As I said I must've heard at least 2 or 3 of her songs (probably more but haven't realised coz they all sound the same) and that was more than enough for me. If I can be arsed I'll Google her top 5 most popular songs and just read the lyrics as there might be something half decent maybe
Quick Google suggests this isn't nessarially the best of ideas. Although Anti-Hero is pretty good.

But her pop songs and albums are the most popular and back in he country days where she was definitely catering for little girls. And back when things like the charts mattered.

Blank Space though I was introduced to it through this.

"I've never heard it, but it's bad because people like it"
Yes.

Swift is from the same metro area as me so I've been hearing "I don't like her but she is talented" forever. I always took it as code for tall, blonde, and skinny. I think this is just WE lashing out at the Chiefs though.

It's weird though cause usually people describe music they don't like as talentless.

Rappers, punk rockers, disco, etc.

Edit: also you have no idea how much pretending to like t-swift I have to do just in my day to day life.

Just watched the first episode of the "Ted" series

Thought the films were OK but really enjoyed this - think the format works a lot better in a 45min show rather than a 120min movie

I think next up for me is 3 body problem, looks wierd which I like. And Halo season 2. And need to finally watch House of Dragon.

Been watching Outlander which is a decent show on prime.

Been watching Outlander which is a decent show on prime.
Outlander is fine but after about the 20th time someone gets raped to motivate the plot its well too much and everyone I've known has given up due to it being too much and diffrent points

Latest posts