• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

06: ridiculous high tackles

C

casablanca

I just got a player sent off (red) for a high tackle from the very first kick off of a game, my number 14 on their 11 did one of the tackles from the 05 game. The Jerry Collins horizontal in the air, shoulder-to-face style tackle which I've never seen before on 06, is there a specific way to do this or am i just wrong/lucky/unlucky?

My point was that it wasn't the usual high-tackle that happens. It was one athat i haven't seen in this game before but was used on the previous one as a legal but stupid tackle.

Its the blue X button on the xbox to perform a high tackle. Some you get away with, some you dont. Unless I deliberately do them using this method, I cant say I have a problem with high tackles during the game. I actually think they are well balanced from the CPU as well.

I've found that the COM seems to be getting a lot more reds than before, up until last week I hadn't seen one in a year.

I was actually trying to get one by playing Nyanga with the injuries turned off just to see if I could and the COM ended up with one.

I just got a player sent off (red) for a high tackle from the very first kick off of a game, my number 14 on their 11 did one of the tackles from the 05 game. The Jerry Collins horizontal in the air, shoulder-to-face style tackle which I've never seen before on 06, is there a specific way to do this or am i just wrong/lucky/unlucky? [/b]

It is not a glitch but a programmed animation from the "dive" tackle button (not the high tackle) which only works with these variable.

1 -"The player with the ball must be standing still and not move an inch after receiving it from a pass or a kick"

2 - "The tackler must run as fast as they can at him and dive tackle from 2 metres away"

With these two variables at play the dive tackle will not be the usual low tackle animation but instead you will fly directly at the head of the ball carrier and put your shoulder in his face. You will subsequently be penalised for doing it.

This method is best used on a a very good dive tackler opponent who rushes your first five and dives at him. Pass to the first five or the blindside winger from the ruck and stand there. He will be penalised and you will get 3 points over the post. If he smother tackles you then you will simply lose 10 metres and feel like an ass.

Latest posts