• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

1/4 final play-offs

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
STADE TOULOUSE V RACING METRO 92 ko. 21.00 Friday 10TH May....

CASTRES OLYMPIQUE V MONTPELLIER HERAULT RUGBY. ko 14.40 Saturday 11th May.

Toulouse to win the first but they will have to play well as Racing are a form team at the moment.
Montpellier full of confidence after an intense week of preparation will be the surpise of the 1/4's and move on to take on Clermont in the semi's but that is another story. We have never lost a 1/4 final play-off at Castres and after the victory against USAP last weekend the boys are ready to take on the challenge!!!!!!

Well we are diametrically opposite on this..............Racing and Castres to progress!! Going to miss both matches unfortunately so full write up please!!

Montpellier to take the second one. Toulouse-Racing can go either way, even by a very big margin I suppose. This match is impossible to predict in my opinion.

Come on Toulouse! The one true king of France

When it come to play-offs never write off Toulouse, by far the better of the 2 teams on the night, Racing did their best but it was never good enough, MacAllister , Picamoles Jauvion Poitrenaud all play well and the young prop Kakovin did well replacing Steenkamp, they may have not had the best of seasons but they showed true class tonight, better in the ruck and mauls scrums and lineouts and every time the backs got the ball they were difficult to stop, but Racing had no answer for the powerful Toulouse so far 100% prediction now for the 2nd one this afternoon Montpellier to play Clermont in the semis.

Montpellier now on holiday as they did not come up to the mark, indisipline far too many errors and just generally along way from their best, all credit to Castres who played a perfect game never specatular but very efficient and thats why they are in the semis against Clermont but that will be a hurdle too far i think. May as well see if the beer fridge needs emptying

Thanks Gaston for he reports.....am sitting in one of the Premier Inns that Lennie Henry did not visit and admit managed to catch last nights match.....McAllister was inspired and clearly was the MoM but I wonder why you do not see him play like that for the rest of the season....He was a totally different player. Toulouse as a team also played better than I have seen this season and agree they were worthy winners.....Did not see todays game and they will do better next year as yours is a club that is moving forward!

Very good game of Luke McAlister, he hit very strong to Juan Imhoff (Argentina). Another who played a good game was Picamoles, a bull very strong, very hard to stop. Deserved pass Toulouse, is a much more complete team that Racing Metro.

Regards

Latest posts