• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

10 Wed,Ireland vs Samoa

Q

QLD

Can the Irish led by the inspirational Wayne Kerr pull off an upset here against Samoa?

Wednesday 5th November, 6pm AEST Parramatta Stadium.

This should be a really good game because everything rides on it - Ireland have the potential to give them a good game but you can only see the Samoans winning.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 3 2008, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This should be a really good game because everything rides on it - Ireland have the potential to give them a good game but you can only see the Samoans winning.[/b]
I think the Samoans will come charging out of the blocks, but discipline and fitness will keep Ireland in the later stages of the match. Toa Samoa by 10 points.

Another shock upset here and unbelievably Ireland top group 3!

Ireland won 34-16 against Samoa needed at least a 5 point win to top the group.. Winger Pat Richards gets 22 points, 3 tries and 5 goals, 4 of those penalties.

Go Ireland!

Wow thats a major upset i reckon! did not expect that, underestimated the irish maybe? damn lol So samoa are out? damn lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Nov 5 2008, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow thats a major upset i reckon! did not expect that, underestimated the irish maybe? damn lol So samoa are out? damn lol[/b]

Yeah they're out, never would have predicted the Irish to win the group though at all. Amazing thing about this world cup is you only get two games (for group B and C teams) to make an impact and make an impression, like France losing to Fiji is astonishing they're gone after just two games.

Ow, didn't see this one coming, Samoa played a very strong game vs Tonga.

Well at least the better team won

I no f*** all about rugby league but it was obvious to me that Ireland played with more passion and pride and just wanted the win more than the Samoans. Some of the tackling on their own line was superb. I haven't seen the Fiji match but they only one narrowly so hopefully Ireland will be in the semis B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 6 2008, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I no f*** all about rugby league but it was obvious to me that Ireland played with more passion and pride and just wanted the win more than the Samoans. Some of the tackling on their own line was superb. I haven't seen the Fiji match but they only one narrowly so hopefully Ireland will be in the semis B)[/b]

bitterly dissapointed, I honestly had a bad feeling about this game. Hats of to the irish though, their defence was outstanding especially on their own line. I honestly think pool b and c needs to add another team to their pool to avoid situations like this where each team gets one win one loss yet only one team qualifies through (even if Samoa won this game I would think the same). Howsabout the name of that Irish player WAYNE KERR :eek: :D :D :D what was his parents thinking when they decided on a name for their son knowing full well their last name is Kerr.

an amazing game and well done to the irish. their defence espeically on their own line was just incredible and really frustrated the samoans. huge upset and great for international rugby league

EPIC FAIL by the Samoans.

I had a sneaky bet on Ireland reaching the semi final, I think they have some good players and above all, as someone mentioned, they played with pride and passion. Fair play to them, I hope they beat Fiji and make it into the semi finals.

*jumps on bandwagon* :p :D

go ireland! i always knew we had it in us what with our props and such

we could put more efforts into our scrums however... :rolleyes:

Brilliant match. They played with heart and determination. That first onslaught by the Samoans was impressive, but even more impressive was the Irish Defense. I don't quite understand what happens next, but I'm glued. The RLWC has deepend my like of League as I'm sure Dan will be proud to hear.

C'Mon Ireland!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ws4life @ Nov 6 2008, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Howsabout the name of that Irish player WAYNE KERR :eek: :D :D :D what was his parents thinking when they decided on a name for their son knowing full well their last name is Kerr.[/b]
Took me a second ... but I got there in the end!

Islanders have their Fatty Loafers, but that one is hard to beat.

In basketball there is a:

Randy Duck, Gregor f***a and also a John Thomas. I kid you not. I remember in Euro96 i think Germany had Stefan Kuntz.. whatever way you say it, it still sounds really bad on tv.