• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2 player Rugby on PC

Yeah I'm picking it up on PC. Which is why I'm interested in setting up some multiplayer. The PS2 adaptor thing might be too hard to track down and the controllers are a bit expensive. Can anyone recommend some decent USB gamepads for PC? Somewhere between 20-40 dollars.

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 14 2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah I'm picking it up on PC. Which is why I'm interested in setting up some multiplayer. The PS2 adaptor thing might be too hard to track down and the controllers are a bit expensive. Can anyone recommend some decent USB gamepads for PC? Somewhere between 20-40 dollars.
Try the Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analogue pad. Not sure how much it is in Aus Dollars, but it is very solid and reliable.

How does a gamepad work if the game hasn't been specifically designed for it? I assume you would choose the controller layout.

Edit : How do you reckon a couple of these would go? Lol, probably not the best around. Do you need an analogue stick to play rugby do you reckon?

DSE

yes for stepping....unless u dont like stepping and juss be playing boring footy...(like the english).......the thing i hate bout getting a game on pc is the waiting wen ya have to install it!....thats why i like console juss put it in and play!
<

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 14 2005, 11:53 AM
Why do you need an analogue stick to step? Meh, these will probably do.
You need the right analogue stick to step apparently. Those pads don't look like they have enough buttons to cope with a rugby game to me. Not if you want to play it properly.

where did you buy that el_tk? i've been looking for a decent controller for pc to play pes4 and madden 2005 amongst others. Was in GAME the other day looking for a ps2 controller adaptor. They didn't have any left. Might go for a proper controller instead. Does it use USB to connect to your pc?

Yeah it's USB. I think I got it out in PC world or the place beside it in Blanchardstown or somewhere like that. It was about 30 euro. It's well worth it.

Originally posted by el_tk@Feb 14 2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah it's USB. I think I got it out in PC world or the place beside it in Blanchardstown or somewhere like that. It was about 30 euro. It's well worth it.
Don't go to PC World, they are so expensive! It's better just to find the one you want and get it off the net.

I'll probably buy one cheapy for two player (saw one at EB today at $15) and a better one with analogue sticks. I saw some of the ones you blokes suggested so I'll take a look at them.

I think I've decided to buy one mad one just for me and then make whoever it is I have over play it on the keyboard. I presume you can play four player on Rugby 2005?

Anyway I think this Logitech pad looks good. Reliable brand, dual shock and is very similar to the PS2. Check it out:

xh3548.jpg

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 20 2005, 05:50 AM
I think I've decided to buy one mad one just for me and then make whoever it is I have over play it on the keyboard. I presume you can play four player on Rugby 2005?

Anyway I think this Logitech pad looks good. Reliable brand, dual shock and is very similar to the PS2. Check it out:

xh3548.jpg
My little brother had one of those and it broke. Could have just been a faulty one though.

Latest posts