• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2006 Rugby Games

Which rugby union game will be better and why?

• Ea Sports Rugby 2006

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby Challenge 2006

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I just think that rugby challenge is leaning too much towards an arcade game, and correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect most people on this forum would prefer a much deeper, simulation of the sport, which only EA rugby games have provided. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, and for a quick pick up and play game, for a bit of fun, rugby challenge will be great, but I wan't something deeper and more real. Of course I havn't played the game so I may be competely wrong, rugby challenge may be the simulation I'm looking for, but I have my doubts.[/b]

Yeah, I just don't have much faith in HB to have made much of an improvement in such little time since Rugby 2005 was released... The rucking system, and the roles of the fowards seriously need to be heavily developed for Rugby 2006 if it wants to be a proper simulation, but from what locksey has said that doesn't seem to have happened... RC2006 on the other hand has heavily developed both those area's, so I'd say it will be the superior game. In all honesty though, given how little time they've had, it's hard to imagine Rugby 2006 will be much better than 2005.

Originally posted by TheBokke@Nov 16 2005, 09:52 PM
At least Rugby League 2 now has a release date to look forward to and they know it is going to hit the shelves for sure unlike us poor suffering Union fans.
Rugby League 2 is going to be absolutely kick arse! It's got everything! It has great gameplay, but also all the licenses, all the official stadia, a fully fledged 10 franchise modes which goes through club to rep games (not like the bullshit peice of crap world league rugby 2005 had!), online play etc... I can't wait!

i would just like to say a big f*** you to you guys judging Rugby 06 already. Sure, Rugby 2005 wasn't great but it was a HUGE improvement on 2004. It showed that the series had promise. Give HB-Studios (since its mainly comprised of retards) a chance cuz i think with newer ***les their developement skills will improve.

Locksley says that attcking play was superb in the little bit he played of the EA ***le. Defence has become really tough. Isn't this what we wanted? an improvement in the gameplay aspect?

That jamie guy has played RC 06 and says it will own Rugby 06. How the bloody hell does he know if its better? I'm just waiting for both ***les to be released.

Originally posted by Brett@Nov 23 2005, 10:08 PM
i would just like to say a big f*** you to you guys judging Rugby 06 already. Sure, Rugby 2005 wasn't great but it was a HUGE improvement on 2004. It showed that the series had promise. Give HB-Studios (since its mainly comprised of retards) a chance cuz i think with newer ***les their developement skills will improve.

Locksley says that attcking play was superb in the little bit he played of the EA ***le. Defence has become really tough. Isn't this what we wanted? an improvement in the gameplay aspect?

That jamie guy has played RC 06 and says it will own Rugby 06. How the bloody hell does he know if its better? I'm just waiting for both ***les to be released.
It's true that none of us have played any of the ***les yet, but that said we have a right to more sceptical of HB than we do of swordfish... HB have yet to release a rugby game that actually feels like a finished game yet... even with the massive improvements in Rugby 2005, we were still left with a game that had little control, no offloads, an inability to change conditions for venues (perhaps one of the bigger indications the game was released before completion) and a lions tour that you couldn't verse... I say f#ck HB if they can't release a full product! They'll get our respect when they've earnt it!

Originally posted by Brett@Nov 23 2005, 11:08 AM

Are you a Customer Relations guy for EA by any chance?
<

Sanzar, good point but you also forgot a double miss pass, realistic and controlled tackles, decent attacking-22 kicking (grubbers, chips etc.), realistic mauls....

Originally posted by Brett@Nov 23 2005, 11:08 PM
Rugby 2004 was garbage.

Rugby 2005 was garbage.

I expect 2006 to be no better. I suggest you wind your neck in; I've played at least one of the games, you haven't played either.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 24 2005, 07:03 AM
Have a 5% warning for being patronising.
Oooooh, I bet he's scared of the big bad moderator now...

PS I'm joking, please don't warn me...

Originally posted by Brett@Nov 23 2005, 11:08 PM

I know where you're coming from man. Realisticly, no one can compare the games other than Locksley. But even he only played the Rugby 2006 demo, which was unlikely to be the final demo anyway.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Nov 23 2005, 10:54 PM
Whats a charging king??
<
In my school 'charging' in 5th year, is the act of trying to impress teachers so they will nominate you for Prefect/School Captain. It is denoted by waving your arm in front of your mouth and making elephant noises. You are charging to become a moderator.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Nov 23 2005, 11:10 PM
Ah, cool.

Well if it gets me anywhere in life, then why not.
<
It's not a good thing. You should be judged on your own merits without having to artifically enhance your appearance to others

Originally posted by harrison2468+Nov 24 2005, 04:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Nov 24 2005, 04:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Brett
@Nov 23 2005, 11:08 AM

Are you a Customer Relations guy for EA by any chance?
<

[/b]
He couldn't be as HB and EA don't do PR, they just ingnore fan input when it comes to rugby... at least swordfish and sidhe listen to the fans... I don't know where this brett bloke is coming from, but he did seem to get pretty offended at the suggestion we weren't expecting much from HB studios... maybe he's related to one of the programmers there or something... in any case he didn't have anything to say to the points I made about their reliability and probably gets why we don't have any respect for them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Sanzar, good point but you also forgot a double miss pass, realistic and controlled tackles, decent attacking-22 kicking (grubbers, chips etc.), realistic mauls....[/b]
Ah yes, aswell as a list of other problems...

Originally posted by Air Ben@Nov 24 2005, 10:10 AM
Ah, cool.

Well if it gets me anywhere in life, then why not.
<
You obviously don't know about the 'moderator initiation ceremony' then... two words for you:

Baby

Oil.

But if that's where you want to go in life...

Latest posts